Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 8, 2011 3:52 PM

Nov 2009
Looks like the recent episodes are pretty straight forward. Plot twist episode 6?

Perhaps someone dies every three episodes.
Feb 9, 2011 8:04 AM
Jan 2010
Urobuchi: "Hey everyone, you've enjoyed it until episode 5? Well, the roller coaster now at its peak, time for guidance has ended! What's left is to leave the story to whatever my body could come up with. Since I'm writing it so that you want to watch the next episode, if you don't quit it by episode 3, and able to watch it until episode 6, I believe you'll be able to enjoy it until the end."

Yes, plot twist in episode 6 knowing fucking Urobuchi.

Edit:

Episode 5 Familiar, Anja:

Minion of witch of scribbles. Her role is being naive/childish. A lost familiar who was separated from the witch while absorbed in a play. She can turn humans into a ball. The human who has turned into a ball will bounce on the ground once for each lie said up until now before they can return to human.

Another new witch that hasn't been shown yet, Albertine:

The witch of scribbles (did not appear in the episode). Her nature is ignorant. She loves Hide and Seek. Because her underlings aren't very smart, nobody can ever find her.
trappedinthevoidFeb 9, 2011 11:39 AM
Feb 9, 2011 2:55 PM

Sep 2010
Witch of scribbles? My body is ready.
Feb 9, 2011 2:58 PM

Nov 2009
@endtime

Did he really say that?
SOUNDS LIKE EPISODE 6 WILL BE BIG.
Feb 10, 2011 9:10 AM
Jan 2010
Magical girls = Liches

Soul gems = Phylacteries

This is in a very literal sense. It appears they're (somewhat) IMMORTAL LOLIS. If they're farther than 100 meters from their Soul Gem, they will temporarily die.

And I guess Homura really is from the future, knowing all of this shit, including when Walpurgisnacht will arrive.
trappedinthevoidFeb 10, 2011 10:06 AM
Feb 10, 2011 6:59 PM

Sep 2010
CLIFFHANGERS

(ノ´Д`)ノ ~┻━┻
Feb 10, 2011 7:16 PM

Nov 2009
Kyoko freaking out was cute.

THOSE FANGS.
Feb 10, 2011 9:45 PM

Aug 2010
So hold on

Was that Mami's voice in the PV?

God damn I hate this waiting.
Feb 10, 2011 10:46 PM
Jan 2010
Thillygooth said:
So hold on

No, that was Kyuubey and Hitomi.
Feb 10, 2011 11:39 PM

Nov 2010
I always thought Kyubey was suspicous but I always that it would turn out that it was just nothing and actually it was harmless. Now it turns out Kyubey really is evil. Now just to wait for him to change into a giant, expressionless monster form them all to fight.
Feb 11, 2011 10:00 AM

Sep 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBYbBrnexOQ

This just in; QB is even more creepy.
Feb 11, 2011 11:01 AM

Aug 2010
QB isn't creepy there, he's just doin' what feels good man.
Feb 11, 2011 11:03 AM

Aug 2010
endtime said:
Thillygooth said:
So hold on

No, that was Kyuubey and Hitomi.

Ah okay, for some reason I heard qb and Mami. Guess I forgot Hitomi existed.

Also, lol@QB "storing" (eating) grief seeds. It's like the whole plot is so he can eat little girls, but he doesn't like sweet food. Gotta wait and season them.
Feb 11, 2011 4:56 PM
Jan 2010
My theory right now is that Kyuubey wants Madoka to contract in time for Walpurgisnacht so he can secure himself a shit load of grief seeds, for whatever reason.

I mean, Homura said she'd leave after Walpurgisnacht, and her sole reason for being there is to stop Madoka from making a contract. And Kyuubey seems to love dem GURIIFU SHIIDOZU.
Feb 12, 2011 6:59 PM

Nov 2009
Kyuubey is definitely the bad guy.

He's creepy little fuck.
Feb 12, 2011 11:00 PM

Sep 2010
Thillygooth said:
QB isn't creepy there, he's just doin' what feels good man.

Well I guess I can't fault him for wanting to touch Madoka's DFC.
Feb 13, 2011 10:21 AM

Dec 2009
I've been puzzling as to why a mahou shoujo's choice is permanent, as in why do they have to keep fighting.

It's been clearly stated that to die would result in their wish becoming toast, and there has been lot of talk of the contracts in ominous tones, including that once one becomes a MS they have to keep fighting for the rest of life. But I myself haven't noticed (and the main wiki maintained by /a/ has no mention either) them touch on specifically why a MS couldn't just stop getting into fights with witches/familiars, as long as her soul gem was reasonably bright at the time.

Presumably there must be a mechanism which either would make this a very bad move, or in fact prevent them choosing such an action. But so far this seems to have been omitted. (Or have I missed something?)

I've basically come up with 4 possible theories. (They aren't mutually exclusive.) -

1) "Non-payment"
The MS fighting the witches acts like a contract fee, and to stop 'paying' would be considered a breach of the contract equal to having dies on the job. This would logically involve an arbiter (Kyuubey?) to deem when a MS wasn't pulling her weight, and maybe, warn them when they were getting close to breaching. (How much patrolling/fighting counts? Is once a week enough to scrape through? Can they take holidays after a good run of service?)

And while it hasn't been stated, I'm erring that a 'cancelling of the contract for breach' wouldn't simply involve loss of magical powers and a 'gentle' undoing of the wish. That seems too, …easy, for this world. Death must logically play a part. Maybe the 'MS-ification' is irreversable, so your powers could only be revoked by destruction (or repossesion???) of the soul gem, and hence a de-facto death.

2) "Battery powered"
The 'soul gem - shell' set up being made into a MS imparts a sizeable drain on soul purify to keep running, even when just going about everyday life. Ergo if you don't want to die or become a witch (depending on how a soul gem going dark works out) you will have to seek grief seeds regularly, and hence fight.

3) "Cannabalism"
If soul gems and grief seeds are effective the same things, just at different purity states, then a 'retired' MS (one who wishes not to fight anymore and has forsworn doing so) could rapidly become a target for 'cannabalising' by the less scrupulous of the other MS (Kyouko?). Since, her soul gem (once she's dead, and assuming it doesn't have to be destroyed in the act of killing) could likely do a hell of a lot more cleaning of their soul gem than some old already-quite-dark grief seed.

Of course, if when threatened, she puts her survival above her desire not to fight, and survives, then she's going to have to get grief seeds in order to stop from witchifying / dying / in order to be bright enough to survive another challenge. And so then by prioritising survival gets pulled back into the career.

4) "Choice Denied"
Maybe there's more to the whole 'zombie' thing than ep6 has covered. In that the MS-ification process means somehow they can't not fight. Either some sort of will/mind control (Kyuubey?)?, (or to not fight makes u go witch??)

I've also considered that the revoking of dreams could be done in a vindictive destructive manner (i.e. "i wish to eat" => starving /inability to eat, "i wish kamijou can play again" => kamijou dies), but given the trend for rules and mechanism not being freely explained, I can't see this working as a deterrent, only a post-quitting punishment which wouldn't stop MSs quitting.
~
Feb 14, 2011 4:24 AM

Nov 2009
Theory number two makes the most sense to me, kinda like, your soul gem is your soul, YOU BETTER GET GRIEF SEEDS, OTHERWISE YOUR SOUL IS MINE.

Looking more like a Faustian allusion, with the soul gems revealed.
Feb 14, 2011 11:56 AM
Jul 2010
Azure_Shockwave said:
Theory number two makes the most sense to me, kinda like, your soul gem is your soul, YOU BETTER GET GRIEF SEEDS, OTHERWISE YOUR SOUL IS MINE.

Looking more like a Faustian allusion, with the soul gems revealed.

I agree. It's not like they're just dirtying their source of magical power: they're dirtying their own soul! It makes sense the the soul gem will get dirty with time and you have to clean it or else... well, that's what I'd like to know but it's not something good - that's for sure.
Feb 14, 2011 9:55 PM

Dec 2009
I joked yesterday that Gen and SHAFT might troll us by using a global reset early and spending the last few episodes as an incest anime (Madoka/Madoka's-mum ;P) since they seem to be a bit of a fashion of late.

But it just dawned on me that if the 'Homura = Madoka-from-the-future' thing turns out true then the copious Madoka/Homura shipping will be post-event rendered incest.
~
Feb 15, 2011 6:18 PM

Nov 2009
longtail_kat said:
I joked yesterday that Gen and SHAFT might troll us by using a global reset early and spending the last few episodes as an incest anime (Madoka/Madoka's-mum ;P) since they seem to be a bit of a fashion of late.

But it just dawned on me that if the 'Homura = Madoka-from-the-future' thing turns out true then the copious Madoka/Homura shipping will be post-event rendered incest.

Woah. So you're saying that Homura is actually Madoka in the future? I like that theory and support it. If you didn't mean that, then I still support it.
Feb 16, 2011 4:44 AM

Nov 2008
Azure_Shockwave said:
longtail_kat said:

Woah. So you're saying that Homura is actually Madoka in the future? I like that theory and support it. If you didn't mean that, then I still support it.
I don't think that Homura is Madoka.

Why? Just look at the interactions between Homura and Sayaka. Homura is far too indifferent about Sayaka, even by kuudere standards for her to actually be Madoka. Remember that Sayaka is one of Madooa's closest friends and she should have paid a lot more attention to her had she really been future Madoka, bearing in mind the Madoka would have known she would become a magical girl before traveling back in time as Homura as the theories suggest.

So I have an alternate theory to the same effect, but more logical.

Homura is actually a future version of Junko (Madoka's mother). How does that work? Well, there doesn't seem to be an upper age limit to being a magical girl that we know of, for a start, and it is likely that if an older person becomes a mahou shoujo, the aging process gets reversed in the process to make their bodies more able to battle. Junko's motive for stopping Madoka from becoming a mahou shoujo would be to stop Madoka's future death after Maokda protected her from a witch as a mahou shoujo, and her wish to Kyubey would be to that effect. As it was a transportation wish, she gets teleportation as an ability. The Kyubey from Madoka's present hasn't actually formed a contract with Junko at this time, which explains his comments about her forming, yet not forming a contract. The magic potential that Madoka has may very well be in Junko as well, seeing as they are blood-related, which would explain her power.

It also explains the indifferent attitude to Sayaka as Junko isn't as close to her as Madoka is and probably said those comments to Kyouko about killing her with a business mind (Junko is a successful corporate executive) The strongest and most resourceful are successful, the weaker and less resourceful fail and get fired/die.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Feb 16, 2011 1:46 PM

Sep 2010
That's a pretty wild idea, FOE. Not saying it's not a possibility just that it's never something I would have suspected.

If it turns out to be true, many a table will be flipped.

(ノ´Д`)ノ ~┻━┻
Feb 17, 2011 9:02 AM
Jan 2010
Well, I called that one. Have fun being a witch in a few episodes. ;_;

I sort of like Kyouko now, too. Creepy storytime and another stomach wound:

symbolism so deep:

trappedinthevoidFeb 17, 2011 11:01 AM
Feb 17, 2011 9:16 PM

Sep 2010
"Oh come on. Did you...?"

Quote from Kyouko in the last few minutes of the episode. The "wounds" on Sayaka's body look less like blood and more like cracks, or tears. Since that scene was done entirely in noir it's probably more symbolic than anything.

More than likely, given how Sayaka was acting whilst hacking at the corpse of the witch like a woman posessed, the next episode will start off with Kyouko being all "OH COME ON WHY'D YOU DO *insert whacky taboo loophole that allows you to avoid pain as a mahou shoujo*", Sayaka is still in batshit mode and turns around to give Kyouko as jab in the kidneys.

Queue depressing music as Kyouko glances down at the huge gash in her side with Sayaka laughing uproariously, all the while Madoka cries in the background. Homura shows up and backhands Sayaka with her shield and plucks up Madoka and leaves Bizzaro witch world, leaving the lifeless husk of Kyouko behind on the ground.

Oh and then there'll be a scene of QB walking up and "eating" the grief seed that Sayaka doesn't get a chance to grab.

Of course, I could always be wrong.
Feb 17, 2011 9:39 PM
Jan 2010
Yeah, what he said, pretty much.

If they can use magic to manipulate their real bodies, that sure as fuck sounds like a quick way to become a Witch. Just my 2 cents.
Feb 18, 2011 9:58 AM

Aug 2010
=[

Fight scene was pretty neat, though.

At this point, it seems most of what will happen is pretty predictable, but I'm not going to hold my breath on anything, since obviously they could still completely fuck with our heads before it's over.
Feb 20, 2011 7:31 PM

Nov 2009
Ugh next episode will be a while... I can't wait to see how things turn out with Kamijou-kun

Sayaka might kill Hitomi though and then Madoka will get angry, and lots of drama to come. Big witch battle is coming soon as well.
Feb 23, 2011 12:47 AM

Sep 2010
Thillygooth said:
At this point, it seems most of what will happen is pretty predictable, but I'm not going to hold my breath on anything, since obviously they could still completely fuck with our heads before it's over.

I'm banking on a large degree of headfucking before the final episode. I mean Madoka isn't even slightly magical yet. Think of the potential.
Feb 23, 2011 9:18 AM
Jan 2010
the whole thing is a troll. the kanji for the show can be read as wavering girl madoka magica, which, you know, makes way too much sense.
Feb 24, 2011 10:58 AM
Jan 2010
Kyuubey clone army, Homura time traveler and Sayaka as a witch confirmed. Feels too good man.
Feb 24, 2011 4:13 PM

Aug 2010
endtime said:
Kyuubey clone army, Homura time traveler and Sayaka as a witch confirmed. Feels too good man.
endtime said:

All too easy.

Darthvader.jpg
Feb 24, 2011 6:51 PM

Sep 2010
endtime said:
the whole thing is a troll. the kanji for the show can be read as wavering girl madoka magica, which, you know, makes way too much sense.

yep.

madoka is only going to be a mahou shoujo IN ANOTHER TIMELINE.

ie we won't get to see it.

alas, no frilly pink dress for us.
Feb 25, 2011 4:10 AM

Nov 2008
Also, the Madoka is Homura theory is weakened further, as it implies that Madoka will becomes the most powerful witch of them all very quickly if she accepts Kyubey's contract, with little time as a mahou shoujo to do anything about it.

Junko is Homura (Since Homura's power is conformed as time manipulation, she doesn't even need Kyubey to make herself look 15 years younger than she actually is) and Madoka becomes (an upgraded) Kyubey (Seeing as Madoka will most likely become god and possibly mother of all witches if she accepts the contract, taking over Kyubey's job as a result) are strengthened.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Feb 25, 2011 4:30 AM

Jul 2010
I wonder if Madoka wished for time restart in the first episode and became magical girl?
Feb 26, 2011 10:18 AM
Jan 2010
Marim said:
I wonder if Madoka wished for time restart in the first episode and became magical girl?

If Kyuubey can tell what Homura is up to, he would be able to see that Madoka is already a magical girl, and wouldn't be trying to make a contract.
Feb 27, 2011 11:58 AM

Nov 2009
Honestly, I don't think Madoka's family has any relevance to the show... Just saying.
Mar 1, 2011 11:15 AM

Jul 2010
I don't think Homura = Junko theory is right.

Homura might be Madoka's best friend who was maybe bullied in school and only Madoka became her friend and when Homura did time travel, she got erased from everyones memories in school.

That dream in EP 1 might be the scene when Homura did time travel or the future (WalpurgisNacht for e.x. or Sayaka in witch form)
Mar 4, 2011 9:53 AM

Aug 2010
Dream in the first episode seems to be a vision Madoka had about Walpurgis, and I'm pretty sure Kyubey will repeat in the next episode that it's impossible for Homura to fight that alone, but that Madoka could do it :]

Oh, can't wait for the 'I told you so' ;p

Mar 4, 2011 9:53 PM

Oct 2010
FOE-tan said:
Azure_Shockwave said:
longtail_kat said:

I don't think that Homura is Madoka.

Why? Just look at the interactions between Homura and Sayaka. Homura is far too indifferent about Sayaka, even by kuudere standards for her to actually be Madoka. Remember that Sayaka is one of Madooa's closest friends and she should have paid a lot more attention to her had she really been future Madoka, bearing in mind the Madoka would have known she would become a magical girl before traveling back in time as Homura as the theories suggest.

So I have an alternate theory to the same effect, but more logical.

Homura is actually a future version of Junko (Madoka's mother). How does that work? Well, there doesn't seem to be an upper age limit to being a magical girl that we know of, for a start, and it is likely that if an older person becomes a mahou shoujo, the aging process gets reversed in the process to make their bodies more able to battle. Junko's motive for stopping Madoka from becoming a mahou shoujo would be to stop Madoka's future death after Maokda protected her from a witch as a mahou shoujo, and her wish to Kyubey would be to that effect. As it was a transportation wish, she gets teleportation as an ability. The Kyubey from Madoka's present hasn't actually formed a contract with Junko at this time, which explains his comments about her forming, yet not forming a contract. The magic potential that Madoka has may very well be in Junko as well, seeing as they are blood-related, which would explain her power.

It also explains the indifferent attitude to Sayaka as Junko isn't as close to her as Madoka is and probably said those comments to Kyouko about killing her with a business mind (Junko is a successful corporate executive) The strongest and most resourceful are successful, the weaker and less resourceful fail and get fired/die.
That is rather excellent as a theory itself. I would sure explain lots of things.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 6, 2011 7:51 PM

Nov 2009
Honestly, I think Homura is a totally different person and isn't a family member or anything like that.

Sure, Homura seems to really care for Madoka, how they are actually related? Well only time will tell...

Until next week... We can hope for back story.

Also it looks like the witch battle in episode one is indeed Walpurgis.
Mar 8, 2011 5:02 AM

Jul 2010
I think Homura is Madoka's best friend

is it me or does Homura seems jealous when Madoka worries about sayaka?
Mar 8, 2011 10:35 AM

Aug 2010
Marim said:

Seems pretty clear to me. Part of Homura's sacrifice in going back in time/jumping to a new time/whatever is that no one remembers her. She was likely part of the group before, and probably BFF yurimates with Madoka. Now she has to try to save Madoka and the world, while her former best friend only sees her as a cold, dangerous thing. Perhaps Sayaka is even a replacement created to fill the void, or maybe she was a rival for BFF. Either way, Homura is pissed.

She longs to embrace dat DFC again, but being yuri is suffering.
Mar 8, 2011 10:35 AM

Aug 2010
Marim said:

Seems pretty clear to me. Part of Homura's sacrifice in going back in time/jumping to a new time/whatever is that no one remembers her. She was likely part of the group before, and probably BFF yurimates with Madoka. Now she has to try to save Madoka and the world, while her former best friend only sees her as a cold, dangerous thing. Perhaps Sayaka is even a replacement created to fill the void, or maybe she was a rival for BFF. Either way, Homura is pissed.

She longs to embrace dat DFC again, but being yuri is suffering.
Mar 8, 2011 2:34 PM
Jan 2010
japanese lesbian time traveling batman
Mar 11, 2011 4:06 AM

Jul 2010

I wonder what will happen next and interested about Kamijou too
Mar 11, 2011 10:21 AM

Nov 2010
I assumed that, even though this show was dark, it was going to be "And at least one of you will live happily ever after and some of you don't make it". After watching episode 10 though, I am now having visions of Homura having to travel back in time again and the last thing we see is Homura introducing herself to the class again. Destined to repeat the same section of history in vain. I wouldn't mind if it ended like that but I really want Madoka and Homura to be happy together in the end.
Mar 17, 2011 5:50 PM

Nov 2009
endtime said:
japanese lesbian time traveling batman

This.
Mar 17, 2011 10:11 PM

Sep 2010
Soon there won't be a reason for this thread to exist.

Sad days.
Mar 18, 2011 4:25 PM

Aug 2010
-Zombie- said:
Soon there won't be a reason for this thread to exist.

Sad days.

There will always be a place for speculah.

A place close to my balls.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Which Madoka Magica character are you? ( 1 2 )

CurseGoddess - Oct 30, 2011

78 by 3ASV226 »»
Feb 8, 2022 8:13 AM

Poll: » Favourite character

Gurenn - Oct 29, 2011

47 by MagicalArtist »»
Jan 28, 2021 6:29 AM

Poll: » Least Favorite Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Character?

hartschaotica - Jul 3, 2012

26 by MagicalArtist »»
Jan 28, 2021 6:27 AM

» Dedicated Discord server for Madoka Kaname

copypasterCPS - Oct 28, 2020

0 by copypasterCPS »»
Oct 28, 2020 6:59 AM

» Art style of Madoka Magica

-FlowerPower- - Sep 16, 2017

2 by -FlowerPower- »»
Sep 17, 2017 1:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.