Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2010 1:21 PM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL VIGAGI PWNAGE

I think that sufficies without giving away spoilers.
Nov 26, 2010 1:27 PM

Oct 2009
To bad Elzam isn't in this episode =/

Nov 26, 2010 3:40 PM

Apr 2007
Summary of the episode:

Suddenly TROMBE
More fun with Ibis (I think I recall this stage from OG2, and not fondly)
Cybuster (using it's secondary theme Winds of La Gias instead of Neppu Shippu Cybuster like I expected)
Racing with Aguilja.

Looks like Fairlions next ep.
Long suffering /m/subs translator
http://msubsreleases.wordpress.com/
Nov 27, 2010 2:36 PM

Aug 2009
Notes:
- When did Vigagi's unit have flak cannons? I instantly don't like them :( (Can't say more...there is some spoilered information is related to them...)
- I demand more Trombe! and Vigagi 4th wall awesome scenes (I'm sure I'll get at least 1 more later).
Burkeism - Our president is more truculent than yours.
Nov 28, 2010 3:22 PM

Oct 2010
Guarlion + Huckebein!?!?!?!

My mind is blown
Nov 28, 2010 6:23 PM

Dec 2009
Isn't Ibis' nickname shooting star? and Ratsel appearing with Trombe in this episode automatically gave this episode a 5/5 xD

WOOOHHOOOO!!! ROYAL HEART BREAKER in the next episode xD
IIHaseOIINov 28, 2010 6:28 PM
Nov 29, 2010 2:58 AM

Oct 2009
Isn't Ibis' nickname shooting star?

A better question would be "isn't Sleigh's nickname red comet =P"
Nov 29, 2010 3:03 AM

Feb 2010
ok ep but not so good then the last one.
Nov 29, 2010 5:42 AM

Aug 2009
they really should make OG3 with those new mech designs (Guarbein and Kyousuke's MKII S)

Psybuster and Astelion playing around with Silverwind made it look so weak
why did they take off the scene where Silverwind took one of Psybuster's wings

Masaki's face was somewhat ... (I don't know exactly but something is odd)
Nov 29, 2010 6:26 AM

Dec 2009
sylvanelite said:
Isn't Ibis' nickname shooting star?

A better question would be "isn't Sleigh's nickname red comet =P"

why red comet? isn't it just plain old "comet"?
Nov 29, 2010 12:21 PM

Oct 2009

They dropped mooks on him. It's the same thing.

0.o;;

Do you know who Char Aznable is?
sylvaneliteNov 29, 2010 12:26 PM
Nov 29, 2010 1:25 PM

Sep 2009
"shooting star" and "meteor" are translations of the same word. I prefer shooting star because it has more of the "being shot at" connotations, but hey, they also did silverwind as opposed silbelwind, hiryu's callsign as "bravo" as opposed to "dragon" and are going with tesla reich as opposed to leich. To be honest, I don't care, the quality control on chruchyroll has been pretty good, provided you don't only watch the very first version(s) of their subs.

I also preferred silbel(ver)wind dropping mooks on masaki as opposed to cutting his wing off, because Aguija was already going to to look weak, so this way it doesn't make masaki look weak as well. That said, I would have preferred CYBUSTER! as opposed to winds of la gias, but with the new Elemental Lord game having come out so recently, I can understand it.

I also like Vigagi's AA missiles, because him using his claws or flamethrower to take out a calion seems a bit of overkill to me. Not to mention the level of plot invulnerability that would have to be used to keep sleigh up and running in that circumstance. Plus it would make him look weak, this way it only makes him look stupid xD Course none of this matters until the return to save the hostages mission, which will be one of the greatest episodes ever made in mech anime history, but that's kinda what this series already is.
Nov 29, 2010 4:30 PM

Jun 2008
Wow the last scene has brought us back to the old good two ships that fought the Aerogators the first time setting up for the battle against this "Inspectors" guys.
Btw why are they called inspectors? Is there any meaning behind it? And what about DC?
And where the hell is Shirogane with the ATX and SRX teams? Aren't those there two strongest teams? It seems crazy to set on a campaign against the enemy and not use their third Noa class with their two best teams who had the leading role in the L5 campaign.
MonadNov 29, 2010 5:56 PM
Nov 29, 2010 5:07 PM

Sep 2009
Monad said:

Btw why are the called inspectors? Is there any meaning behind it?

(very mild spoilers)

And what about DC?

Divine Crusaders, that's just a name.
And where the hell is Shirogane with the ATX and SRX teams?

ATX is on the hagane, SRX is half (ryusei +rai) on the hagane, half (aya+viletta) still at izu. They were transferred to the hagane after the shirogane got damaged by W15. The Shirogane is currently under the command of Kenneth Garret after America was taken over, so they're on their own for now.
Nov 29, 2010 6:37 PM

Dec 2009
sylvanelite said:

They dropped mooks on him. It's the same thing.

0.o;;

Do you know who Char Aznable is?

ooooww!!! now i get it xD sorry I can be slow sometimes xD
IIHaseOIINov 29, 2010 6:40 PM
Dec 1, 2010 2:16 PM

Aug 2009
bskbob said:
ok ep but not so good then the last one.

Whoever says that shall get flogged by my Ibis doll. This episode is an instant win because it stars the Shooting Star.

In terms of action, either this the last episode that have been my favourite. RaMV was pretty much win on its own, while Valsione was just amazing.

Monad said:
Btw why are they called inspectors? Is there any meaning behind it?

Kinda self evident spoiler right here.

Monad said:
And what about DC?

DC stands for Divine Crusaders. I'm sure you know this, but the original DC, under Bian Zoldark, wanted to wage a war to prepare the world against the oncoming threat (The Aerogaters, the foe of the second half of Divine Wars). The name is a little more abstract and draws its parallels to the true crusaders, who undertook holy missions (though this is more of a "knight templar" kind of mission done by the DC).

Monad said:
And where the hell is Shirogane with the ATX and SRX teams? Aren't those there two strongest teams? It seems crazy to set on a campaign against the enemy and not use their third Noa class with their two best teams who had the leading role in the L5 campaign.

The Shirogane, like always, is under repairs. Got a chunk blown off by the Granzon the first go, now has to get all the engine and armour repairs from the enemy fixed again. Admittedly, its reason for damage was a lot less of a dumb now compared to the game (And god...what a painful mission that ended up being).
Burkeism - Our president is more truculent than yours.
Dec 3, 2010 12:40 AM

Sep 2009
Trombe.

That moment was just epic. I'm a LITTLE disappointed they didn't have a music override joke though.

I'm getting a little miffed at all the different translations though.
It's been Hiyru Custom and Hiyru Kai interchangeably since the start of the series.

Masaki was also looking really really manly.
SabinleroseDec 3, 2010 12:54 AM
Apr 8, 2014 12:03 AM

Apr 2014
Now I understand why Ratsel Trombe looks different...haiz...it suppose to look like the one Ryoto was piloting back at the moon but only black in color...but it's a custom Made Trombe call the GuarBein?...that Akashic Buster Cybuster Perform was great!
LoongFeelsApr 8, 2014 12:07 AM
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 3 Discussion

garfield15 - Oct 17, 2010

31 by zurgboy00 »»
Aug 4, 2017 10:14 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 26 Discussion

slax - Apr 1, 2011

19 by Zankantou »»
Oct 20, 2016 9:32 PM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 8 Discussion

slax - Nov 19, 2010

23 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 7, 2014 8:28 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 7 Discussion

slax - Nov 12, 2010

11 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 7, 2014 7:26 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 6 Discussion

slax - Nov 5, 2010

10 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 7, 2014 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.