Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2010 11:31 PM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome episode is awesome

The ball's really rollin now! Wonder if anyone who hasn't played the game hasn't dropped it yet, because this episode would be great for them.

And for those of us who have, we get:

And the obligatory fanservice (this episodes was very non-invasive though)
Nov 7, 2010 12:09 PM

Aug 2009
I can't imagine how painful this could be for someone not familiar with the game. None of it makes sense other than Lamia not being human and whatever else you can pick up from Divine Wars. And I'm sure a lot of people have no clue what the R-Eins is doing there or why Axel popped out in the middle of a battle.

Nice speed though. Moving on up to the Inspectors arc pretty quickly.

Hopefully this means more Ibis later :)

Kyosuke is being aggravatingly central as the "Good guys win" card.

Fanservice was under control this episode...kinda. Lamia in a shower/holding key conversations inexplicably in a gym were a bit out of place though.
Burkeism - Our president is more truculent than yours.
Nov 7, 2010 3:28 PM

Aug 2009
we still have way too many characters that need to be introduced in the next eps
do you guys think they will end this series with the inspectors or continue to the last boss ??
and who else think that the best ep will be the one where all hell break loose:
* 2 good guys will die
* 1 important character will suffer extreme damage
Nov 7, 2010 5:34 PM

Dec 2009
The scene where Axel just pops out from his jump is just plain bad-ass!!!
Nov 7, 2010 7:13 PM

Apr 2007
@kirant: I'm a non-gamer and I'm doing just fine. True, I don't understand everything, but isn't it only natural for things to be explained later rather than RIGHT after it happens? This is only episode 6 out of 26, there's plenty of time for explanations.

I don't really have anything to say about the episode itself except it was certainly the most exciting so far and I'm really liking Arado. He's so sweet <3
Nov 8, 2010 3:06 AM

Feb 2010
nice ep i like this show more with every new ep.
Nov 8, 2010 5:08 AM
Apr 2010
"I can't imagine how painful this could be for someone not familiar with the game"

Yeah, it's pretty painful.

What on earth is with this show's obsession with super-ultra close ups during the fights? I mean, look at Heat Horn: You can barely even make out what's happening in that attack.
Nov 9, 2010 5:17 AM

Jun 2008
Monochrome said:
@kirant: I'm a non-gamer and I'm doing just fine. True, I don't understand everything, but isn't it only natural for things to be explained later rather than RIGHT after it happens? This is only episode 6 out of 26, there's plenty of time for explanations.

I don't really have anything to say about the episode itself except it was certainly the most exciting so far and I'm really liking Arado. He's so sweet <3

Same for me. I understand most of the things going on even if i never played the game. Sure there are some things we still need to know but it would have been boring knowing everything from now. At least i can follow the events with no problem.
Actually i loved the appearance of that guy in the end because the opening sequence on the first episode made no sense but now it seems to make some sense. I was wondering if our red hair guy will go crazy but it seems is not exactly him since the opening sequence is not a future event but it already happened maybe in an alternative world and reality. Well except if that guy comes from the future or something.

The w-code mechs and there pilots are robots made by the Aliens if am getting it right and obviously W-17 is there spy..
The Aliens also seem to have infiltrated the DC forces. I wonder if that mother is just a human scientist with no heart, an alien or a human cooperating with the aliens since the aliens in the Divine wars saga where kind of looking for special people.

Anyway i found this episode quite awesome and can't wait for more things to come and story plots to be revealed. Gamers please don't spoil future events for us.
We still have 20 episodes to enjoy.
Nov 30, 2010 11:58 PM

Sep 2009
I have to say, this is doing a hell of a job explaining the plot properly. It's slowly being laid out. It's slowly unraveling.
Anyone who gave up because of the plot is....impatieant. The kind of people I can't stand who bitch that "Gantz doesn't move fast enough. Waaaah."

And this is really coming from someone who hasn't played OG2 much. I don't think I ever got further then when the Cybuster comes back. Which should be soon I hope.
Dec 2, 2010 1:56 AM
Nov 2008
I haven't played the game but this episode was awesome.
Apr 7, 2014 6:55 AM

Apr 2014
you know...When Comparing With the Game...I begin to Question the Mech Sizes...Is the Soulgain More larger then Altesen?
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 3 Discussion

garfield15 - Oct 17, 2010

31 by zurgboy00 »»
Aug 4, 2017 10:14 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 26 Discussion

slax - Apr 1, 2011

19 by Zankantou »»
Oct 20, 2016 9:32 PM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 9 Discussion

slax - Nov 26, 2010

17 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 8, 2014 12:03 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 8 Discussion

slax - Nov 19, 2010

23 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 7, 2014 8:28 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 7 Discussion

slax - Nov 12, 2010

11 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 7, 2014 7:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.