Forum Settings
Forums

the GazettE Song/Lyrics discussion (Singles or Albums are included)

New
Nov 1, 2010 11:10 PM
Nov 2007
the GazettE Song/Lyrics discussion (Singles or Albums are included)

Yup, you read it right. It's time to discuss the lyrics and give the band a full credit and applause for a wonderful masterpiece yet a hard-hitting truth about behind the lyrics. Feel free to read any legitimate forums, fan's blogs or online journals that discusses the GazettE's lyrics (whether from their old album to the newest) and drop by here to share your opinion and discuss it. You may or may not cite down the source. Discuss about the lyrics, the song, or the single/album itself. Either way you want.

Personal note:
I have a reason to open up this thread because every time I'm listening to the GazettE's songs and imaginably forming the words they put up for it really itches me. Like I wanted to discuss the meaning behind each lyrics and to figure out why I like/don't like it. You would eventually appreciate the song when you already know the meaning of its lyrics.

So, fire up, hehehehe... Squeeze yourself with what you know or want to express opinion about the GazettE's song.

REMINDER:
All of us have different opinions pertaining to things around us. It is strickly needed to respect each and everyone's own opinion and be open to discussions. PLEASE don't turn this into a FLAME thread. Just maintain a healthy discussion, ne? ^^,
michiruNov 1, 2010 11:42 PM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 1, 2010 11:39 PM
Nov 2007
Shiver and Red Singles

The first time I heard these singles, I was quite right about the "light" atmosphere of it. For all we know, the GazettE is known to deliver songs with heavy topics. And everbody would agree with me because it actually reflect from the songs they created. I was quite intrigue with the fast pace of these singles. But one thing is for sure, the basic element that the GazettE is known for is still there, their own way of expressing the problems of the society. Well, poetically written though.

This kind of feeling might have appeared somewhere in their previous songs. I felt nostalgic when I heard Naraku(Hell) from the single, SHIVER. I thought this song has a similarity with Sumire *well, it's just me... hehehe*

Nov 2, 2010 5:46 AM

Oct 2008
I'm agree~
I love naraku the most i think. But i also like Shiver, and of course Hesitating means death.
Although the first time i heard naraku, i never thought that the meaning is about sexual things... >.<
Ruki's english has improved alot during this last few years.
Hesitating means death's english is easy to understand, although some parts are still lack a bit. (compared the english in "kugutsue" and "filth in the beauty" and also "taion")
Maybe he should create his own English? Ruglish? (Ruki's English) XD
I like the way Ruki's lyrics described about the society.
Like Saraba, that song actually almost makes me cry. It is indeed a very beautiful song for me.
Dim scene is also one of it. As well as the invicible wall.
I think the one that people will always remember is the song "Taion".
The way he described that tragedy, and from the PV, it's as if he really could feel the pain that girl go through. This is a lil off topic, but when he sings taion @live, i was petifried with the way he screams, especially @the end.
Nov 2, 2010 5:58 AM

Dec 2009
Shinigami_hei said:
Maybe he should create his own English? Ruglish? (Ruki's English) XD

I believe his fans called it "Rukigrish" ^^

I liked DIM SCENE, even more so after I learnt that one verse in it was actually related to every single song in the DIM album. It started out in a really creepy and somewhat nice manner for me.

Shinigami_hei said:
I think the one that people will always remember is the song "Taion".
The way he described that tragedy, and from the PV, it's as if he really could feel the pain that girl go through. This is a lil off topic, but when he sings taion @live, i was petifried with the way he screams, especially @the end.

Agreed. Taion sung live is really powerful, I recall crying... The lyrics are also rather figurative, and to others who can't see the meaning, it probably seems like random lines strung together that makes no sense, but it's actually quite a deep song... To me, at least.

Enjoy listening to the GazettE? Join the club here!
Previously wingscanfly and Hizuki
Nov 2, 2010 8:36 PM
Nov 2007
I first learn about Junko Furuta, that's the name of the girl, through wikipedia. Through there, I also learned that the GazettE dedicated a song for her. So I dig in a little more and listen to Taion, it totally gave me a goosebumps after knowing what that song is for. The band, indeed, made a great impact on me and with Taion, I became more serious for this band.

Nov 2, 2010 10:46 PM
Nov 2007
Allow me share to you the translation of Naraku.

-------------------------------------------------------
Credit: gazettelyrics

Naraku

kakechigau honnou to karada
myakuutsu "gyaku" wo enjiteta
shizuka ni sugaritsuku you ni

futari wa totemo kirei datta
"kegare" wo shirisugiteta kara

barabara ni chiru jouyoku no saki ni ai shite iru to kotaete

azawarau ka no you ni mukidashi no kizu wo hoshigaru
itami yori mo fukaku anata kanjiteta kara
enjite yukeru

kowareteku risei to karada  myakuutsu "gyaku" wo mitsumeteta
sono te ni oboreru you ni

futari wa totemo kirei datta ...

barabara ni chiru jouyoku no saki ni ai shite iru to kotaete

azawarau ka no you ni mukidashi no kizu wo hoshigaru
itami ni mi wo shizume anata omou

kubisuji wo hawaseru sono te sae shinjite itai

aizou no hazama  yume wo mite ita
nukumori ga hagarete yuku
jouyoku ni mamire shinjita ai no owari ni

naraku wo mita

Hell

The conflicting instinct and body
I was acting a pulsing "inversion"
Like clinging quietly onto it

Those two were very beautiful
Because I knew too much of this "impurity"

On top of the sexual desire that scatters in pieces I answered with "I love you"

You seem to desire these wounds of nakedness as if you were ridiculing them
Because I felt you deeper than the pain
It is possible to pretend

My reason and body that will be broken  I was gazing at this pulsing "oppression"
As if I was drowning in these hands

Those two were very beautiful ...

On top of the sexual desire that scatters in pieces I answered with "I love you"

You seem to desire these wounds of nakedness as if you were ridiculing them
You think that my body is sinking into the pain

Despite the hand that creeps across the curve of my neck I want to believe

Between the interval of love and hatred  I was dreaming
The warmth will wear off
In the end of the love that I believed to be stained with passion

I saw hell
-------------------------------------------------------

At one glance, the lyrics is so sexual. I'm not good at interpreting lyrics but what I do understand is that it is about a couple whose relationship is based on "physical attraction" or who would prefer the lust of the flesh rather than love. A "hell" kind of life. And one of them felt "oppress" with this kind of set up. Whoever that was, he/she is silently struggling, in hope to correct or to save the relationship.

According to Ruki and I quote, "It's about the dominance in that sense. It is the eventual hell of a relationship (based) on desire. There is no love there.[...] It's about keeping quiet and being kept quiet in that sense."

Nov 3, 2010 1:25 AM

Oct 2008
I think so. I think the girl is the one who struggling. From my POV.
I thought it was rape kinda thing. Whore maybe?

If taion, i think i like the one he sings @NLSG. It totally give me goosebumps (expecially i watch it in the dark, alone @ my room, i the dead night )

Other than that, i also like "Calm Envy" (especially when he sings at RCE live).
Guren is also a beautiful song. The way he described the incident. (RCE is the best one so far for this song)
And... off topic again, Ruki is so hot when he lick his mic! XDD *squels*
I just hope i could get their new single [PLEDGE] in store... >.<
Nov 3, 2010 6:18 PM
Nov 2007
Yeah, probably the whore. Or anyone who feels like a whore.

Guren, I must say, is one of my favorite. I thought that song was about the return to innocence - from red to white - because that's how the PV being conceptualize. But what about that child in the video? and why is the tempo of the song still feels sad? When I searched for the meaning of it, and some had guessed it right, the song was about those mothers who had lost their unborn child. It's about miscarriage.

Wow. It's amazing Ruki could thought of that eventhough he is not a mother. How does he do that?

Nov 3, 2010 11:11 PM

Oct 2008
Maybe coz he has this "feminine" side? XD *got shot*

When he sings it at RCE, he really got to the feeling, saying "Gomene" and such, i think he cried a bit. Or almost. Have u watch RCE?

He is Amazing. The whole band is amazing.
I can't wait for their single [PLEDGE] now! *just don't know which one i should buy.*

I think most people loves LINDA-candydive pinky heaven~
I like the energy whenever they sing it in the concert!
At first, i don;t really like it, i thought "WTH?"
the same reaction when i first heard Discharge. XD
But now, it totally one of my fav. at live. XD
Nov 4, 2010 2:19 AM
Nov 2007
hahaha, a feminine side. now that could be possible. I'm not saying he has a motherly/feminine tendencies, but did you know that before we are born, all boys and girls, when are still a fetus, our gender is female? The first trimester (3 months), the gender of the baby is still unknown, and by default, it's female at that stage.

Now that reminds of Guren's PV. They chose a girl instead of a boy. The are alot of symbolism in that video. I'll seach on it, or anyone can post it here and give a meaning of it.

This RCE, can you give me a link where to watch it, or can I download it instead?
michiruNov 4, 2010 2:23 AM

Nov 4, 2010 6:46 AM

Oct 2008
O.O
Don't know... Wow~

If only the lyrics, I might be able to give u. Guren I mean.
And the link... I'll post it at usual place.
Nov 4, 2010 6:55 AM

Dec 2009
Hmm, wasn't Naraku about an S & M couple? I first thought it was rape though.

For Guren, I searched a little on it and came across a thread here in another forum. I'm not sure about some of the symbolism mentioned there, but a few parts here and there kinda makes sense to me.

Does anyone know why Ruki sang Guren differently for the Single version and for the DIM version? I'm referring to the "hai ni naru" part from the "byou kizami no mayu wa ito wo chigirezu ni hai ni naru" line. The Guren one is sung in a low voice, whereas the DIM one is sung in a higher voice, so is there any meaning behind that?

Nov 4, 2010 7:11 AM

Oct 2008
I think so. For sure, it is about sexual desire

I don't think there is any reason. Probably becoz he thinks it is better in a higher voice? Surely we know how Ruki always change it's lyrics and voice. >.>
Nov 4, 2010 10:35 PM
Nov 2007
@ wingscanfly: yup. you got that correct. those were the symbols i'm referring to. Although those were interpreted based on Chinese beliefs but it actually made sense, the song and the video though.

On that "hai ni naru", I thought it sounds nice when sing it in high note, just like in the album. But on the single, it was on the low note and the way Ruki sang it is as if he grieves with the mother. I have not actually thought of it at first, the reason behind the change in note. It could be Ruki's decision to change it.
michiruNov 4, 2010 11:05 PM

Nov 4, 2010 11:13 PM

Oct 2008
I wonder what will their new single sound...
Seems scary... The title i mean...

I wonder about headache man... Is it song for his father? *cough*
And also Calm Envy... Which story is it based on... I wonder about that song for a while now...
O.O
btw, i listen to nakagihara (if I'm not wrong) again, in DIM SCENE live.
The last few lyrics, is it "me who killed you" or is it otherwise?
Nov 4, 2010 11:53 PM

Dec 2009
Actually I like those titles... I'm thinking that one of the songs may be sung mainly in English. I'm guessing it's THE TRUE MURDEROUS INTENT, but that's still just a guess.

I think i've read in an interview that HEADACHE MAN and a few other songs were songs that directed their anger at imaginary people... And Calm Envy is supposedly written from a woman's POV? Not too sure about the other details.

For Nakigahara I think the last few lines sung without the microphone was the "you who killed me".

Nov 5, 2010 1:04 AM
Nov 2007
I read the lyrics and I think it is about those people who does not understand the GazettE or those bands like them. I think the song is not directly for his father. We know Ruki loves him so much that he is trying to become a son whom he will be proud of.

the "DAD" in here pertains to those who criticizes about certain things which for them is unnecessary, unrealistic or beyond the norm, messy-like and therefore, they disapprove it. It gives them a "headache." That's how I understand it a bit... I think there's a deeper meaning of it.

Nov 5, 2010 5:16 AM

Oct 2008
Ohho~
*shook head*

I think the new single would have at least 1 song of English, since nowadays Ruki is using more and more English. XD
Ahhh...
what did you think nakigahara story is about? O.o
Nov 7, 2010 1:15 AM
Nov 2007
^ as for that song, according to Ruki, Nakigahara is the name of a place which really exists, "the valley of tears." It is a sad melody, too long that it drags the sad emotion all throughout the song. And yet it is a love song, mixed with despair and/or death.

I can't think of a right words to best describe this song. It's so wonderful that you can go mad. Mad not in a bad sense. With Ruki's voice and how he expresses the song plus accompanied by low notes of music, loneliness and grief start to engulf, figuratively.

Nov 7, 2010 2:29 AM

Oct 2008
Eh? Really?
I think it has a hint of death. Murder maybe? Because of the last few sentence of the song...
Ruki's voice is kinda perfect for sad or deep song... He's voice is deep too...
That's why I love his voice~ <3

I wonder if there is a place like nakigahara, how would it looks like...
(maybe wanna try to go there)
I think Dim is an awesome album. I like it more thatn NIL album.
DIM is almost like Stacked Rubbish album.
Although, have much more deeper meaning. It proves that they have grow in music.
For album, I think DIM is the best for now.

Distress and the Coma is a great song too! The PV is nice.
(And Ruki is hawt with red. *smirk*)
I love his voice here~
The lyric is nice!
Nov 7, 2010 10:08 PM
Nov 2007
Murder? like if there's an intention to choke to death his lover? I think this song has a mystery in it. I wonder what was Ruki thinking about while coming up with this lyrics? Someone you madly in love and you want to kill her?

I agree that DIM is the best album they had so far, well for me. It was carefully conceptualized, very well thought of. I'm also impress the GazettE tried new things with this album and very brave enough to incorporate them. Like the instrumentals in the beginning, in between the songs and in the end of it.

Speaking of favorites, I still like Silly God Disco hehehe ^__^

Nov 8, 2010 4:23 AM

Oct 2008
Something that involves killing that is. I don't know how to say it...
Someone you loved and you don't want her to be with anyone else, so to keep her to yourself, you killed her? (since there is some cases like this)

They make a different concept in SHIVER. From the beginning, they already attacking us. XD
Silly God Disco reminds me how i have to go through to understand the whole lyrics.
Coz, back then, I rely on my ears to understand the English. XD
At least, he has improved it~
If SGD, the one he sings in The Meaningless Art That People Showed live is *cough* hot *cough*
Ruki should do more fanservice with his own. Preferably with Rei. *smirk*

Which album is SGD from? NIL?
Btw, they don't sing Miseinen for the last song in live now anymore, right?
Coz I see some setlist from NLSB, there's no Miseinen. I think...
Nov 8, 2010 4:30 AM

Dec 2009
^ SGD is indeed from NIL. And i'm agreeing with what you guys are saying about DIM being the best album so far, even though a lot of people are saying that NIL is their best. Personally, I like DIM because of it's dark atmosphere, and the songs in it are really good, and the instrumental pieces fit really well as intros/outros.

To me, Nakigahara is like a mad song... Something like that, what I said doesn't really sound right but I can't think of anything else to replace that word. At first I found the last few sentences weird, but after checking up on their meaning, I feel that it fits with the song well. Especially how they cut off the sentence at "watashi" right at the end.

@Shinigami_hei: Yup, they're not singing Miseinen as the last song anymore. I think the last time they sang it was at the -DIM SCENE- live last year, where Miseinen was like the encore song after an encore... I don't know, but I heard the audience shout for an encore after the encore ended. Is there such a thing?

Nov 8, 2010 4:43 AM

Oct 2008
Yay~
More DIM supporter...
Because I read in somewhere, she/he hate DIM.
(Some Dir en Grey fans. I loathed them. They always said bad things about The GazettE and mean towards GazettE's fans. For example in batsu forums, they keep on disturbing and all.)
Urgh... I was ready to choke them when my friend stop me... >.>
Oh well, I think DIM's song is great. The cover album is awesome. XD

I was confused by Nakigahara, some people said "it's me who killed you" but some said vice versa.
Gahhh... Ruki always gives a hole in his songs. Making us wondering about it.
Make us imagined what it is, etc...

The GazettE always have 2 encore (except if they think the crowd is not good enough, they won't go out). But I heard that encore can be as many times as a band want. But normally one one or two encore.
In The GazettE's case, from NLSG to Dim Scene, they have 2 encore which the 1st encore is Ride with the Rockers until LINDA. Then, they go in to the backstage, if the crowd is calling them ( if the crowd is good enough ) they will come out again and sing Miseinen. That's until DIM SCENE though.
Nov 8, 2010 9:55 PM
Nov 2007
Nakigahara. I was confused too because the last 3 lines of the lyrics starts with "watashi wo". One might interpret it as "I" in plain English *gotta study these lines again*

There were others who would still prefer NIL as the best but time is changing. the GazettE is also changing (not in its entirety) but because they improve. They grow better in each singles, each songs they create. Sometimes there are others who are not easily open to new changes.

SGD, well, it is the first English song that I heard Ruki sang it. *sorry, i'm quite particular with how he pronounces those English words* heheeeh I used to make pun of it, but no offense to Ruki. I like the song and I will LIKE IT forever ^^,

Have you guys heard Uruha's version of LINDA? I can't help but laugh and enjoy it hehehe

Nov 9, 2010 3:12 AM

Oct 2008
I used to make misheard lyrics,
It's hillarious.
XD

The one "Linda, Linda, Linda" ?
I heard it, but not a g ood quality...
Nov 9, 2010 6:52 PM
Nov 2007
yup, the one with linda linda in it hehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLs9Al_n0Gs

this is the best that I could find >.< I'm looking for it actual video though, if there is one available...

Nov 9, 2010 8:58 PM

Oct 2008
*snort*
*burst out laughing on the floor*
Nov 11, 2010 1:12 AM
Nov 2007
Let's have a fearless forecast on the upcoming single. we have, so far, one expectation. i might forgot something though, so please mention what was that. This is unofficial, take note. sort of dicussing what we are going to expect on the new single.

we expect that at least one of the song is written in english. I'm still crossing my fingers to this. If not, it's fine.

I was thinking that the next single is about songs of promise. Either broken or fulfilled promises. Something about the Pledge song is trying to convey. I dunno, but I got a feeling that it is.

Nov 11, 2010 8:56 PM

Oct 2008
I have heard the preview, it was such a beautiful song.
I think it's broken or unfulfilled love.
Ruki's voice sounds so sad...

Now, I don't think there's at least 1 song in english.
Since they are going ballad this time.
I love their ballad songs. <3
Nov 14, 2010 1:39 AM
Nov 2007
It's been a while since I heard them singing ballad. English lyrics or not, it'll going to be a great song.

I can't wait to listen their new single. With just one month away, it feels like you're waiting forever hahaha XD

Nov 14, 2010 4:09 AM

Oct 2008
I need their new single to run away from my pile of projects and homework like...
Right now...
Nov 14, 2010 6:27 AM

Dec 2009
Well, I first heard Without A Trace when I was watching the -DIM SCENE- live, and just a while back, I listened to the recorded song on its own. At that point of time, I hadn't known the meaning of the lyrics yet, though I did know that it was a song written about a fan who had died, and surprisingly enough, I found myself tearing, and it was much worse when I finally looked at the lyrics.

Though Without A Trace may not appeal to the hardcore rock fans out there, I still feel that this song is really powerful in the way it expresses the feeling of helplessness, as well as the emotion of sadness. I really found it a pity to have only been a B-side on the DISTRESS AND COMA single.

Nov 14, 2010 6:37 AM

Oct 2008
Oh...
I remember that story, the one who is sick and after finally she can go to their live, she died before the concert right?
Her friend write it to The GazettE about it.
If I'm not wrong, her friend take her picture to The GazettE's live and put the pic in one seat as the replacement for her.
It is indeed sad.
Is it this story? I heard The GazettE feel touch about it and write the song as her momento.
Nov 14, 2010 7:11 AM

Dec 2009
I haven't heard the exact story, but judging by the way yours went, I suppose it's the one i'm talking about.

Nov 14, 2010 7:54 AM

Oct 2008
Yup. I think so.
It is indeed sad.
The girl has a weak body and has been hospitalized for long time.
She lost her hope to be healthy again, until she heard The GazettE's song. (forgot which one)
She sais The GazettE's songs bring back her hope.
She really love The GazettE...
Too bad we lost a great fan like her.
Nov 14, 2010 3:55 PM
Nov 2007
Which concert? that's the first time I heard about it.

Nov 15, 2010 3:49 AM

Oct 2008
Ahh...
I don't know which concert hey attend to.
But probably around DIM SCENE era.
Dec 21, 2010 6:55 AM
Nov 2007
PLEDGE

kizu tsuketa ato de shika kizukenakatta koto
ayamachi no kazu kimi wo motome mitsumeaeta hazu sa

chiisa na uso ga hibi wo umete ita utagai wo kawasu you ni
ushinau imi wo kokoro ga shiru tachizukusu ni do me no fuyu

kimi wa mienai asu ni tomadoi koe wo age naite ita ne
kotoba wo sagasu koto mo dekizu ni ochiru namida wo hirotta

sabishisa ni tsutsumareta hibi wa tagai wo nurashi
rikai wo motomeai kurikaeshite mata fukaku omoeru

towa wo kanjita no wa uso janai
tashika ni kimi no tonari de

"ai shiteru" nante mou iranai
tada zutto soba ni ite to
koe wo karashi naite ita kimi ni
kowarete yukitai

saisho de saigo no kotoba wa kimi e
sono ude wo hanasanu you
kata wo narabeta onaji yume ga futari wo sarau

chiisa na uso ga katachi wo kaete shiroi iki ni tokete yuku
ushinau imi wo wasureru you ni nando mo mune ni kizamu yo

"sayonara" wa koko ni oite aruki dasou
mou ni do to miushinau koto wa nai

futari ai wo tashikameau you ni kanashimi mo mite kita kara
ashita futari kiete shimatte mo mou nakanakute ii yo

itsuka sugisaru kisetsu no you ni kawari yuku futari ga ite
kanashimi ni tachidomaru yoru ga kite mo
wasurenaide
owaru koto wa nai
fukai yume no naka

PLEDGE

What I realized only after I hurt you was that
I was looking for the number of faults in you when we should have looked at each other

Our days were buried in small lies In order to avoid these doubts
Our hearts must know the meaning of losing each other This second winter is standing still

You are lost because you cannot see tomorrow Raising your voice you were crying
Without being able to find any words I just caught your tears

Wrapped in loneliness the days soaked both of us
We were repeatedly looking for understanding I can feel it deeply once again

It's no lie when I said that I felt eternity
I will certainly be by your side

I don't need "I love you" anymore
If only you'd stay forever by my side
I want to be broken by you
Who exhausted your voice by crying

All the words from the beginning to the end were said to you
So that you won't let go of these arms
The same dream that stood by our side washed us both away

The small lies change their shapes and dissolve into a white breath of air
So that we won't forget the meaning of losing each other It doesn't matter how many times it has to be carved into my heart

I leave this "goodbye" right here and move forward
I won't lose you once again

So that we can assure ourselves of our love we both had to see sorrow
Even if we both end up vanishing tomorrow It's okay to not cry anymore

Someday we will change into two people that pass like the seasons
Even if there will be nights when you will be frozen from sadness
Don't forget
Nothing will ever end
In a deep dream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I knew it. It's a sad and painful song.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» The GazettE RP ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Shinigami_hei - Nov 4, 2010

213 by KawaiiZange »»
May 18, 2012 12:53 PM

» The GazettE facts (and some interesting stuff ^__^)

michiru - Aug 9, 2009

34 by CAPS4SAMMEH »»
Oct 10, 2011 6:27 PM

Sticky: » ARCHIVE

michiru - Aug 18, 2008

16 by michiru »»
Jul 23, 2011 7:48 AM

» CHATROOM HERE!!!!! ^^

michiru - Sep 6, 2008

44 by Shinigami_hei »»
Dec 28, 2010 12:05 AM

» File / Streaming sharing and the like here

kunoichi_hime - Mar 1, 2008

34 by michiru »»
Dec 21, 2010 6:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.