Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2010 5:30 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, there goes the president.

In related news, I'm surprised no one is subbing this series when someone is quite EXTENSIVELY updating the ANN information on it.
- blog
DeviantArt | Domain | Ryuu-Rogue fansubs - Digimon + Inazuma Eleven
Aug 23, 2010 6:52 AM

Sep 2007
Editing ANN is a weird hobby of mine. ><

I have no clue how to sub, actually. Well, I know how to make subtitle scripts, but I'm completely lost on how to render them to video. Plus there's no torrents of this series past episode 40, and no Japanese P2P programs but useless Winny seem to work on my computer.

But in any case, I wish someone would sub this series and the first one, or that they'd at least get a proper English release. I've heard talk for a long time about either or both being licensed, but there's nothing official.
Aug 23, 2010 7:32 AM

Jul 2007
oh it's all you? xDD

Encoding's not an issue for me, I have a slight guess Leopard-raws either forgot about the series or might just release a batch torrent in the end (or I could bug them about it, but English isn't their first language afaik)... I can't use any JP P2P besides sucky winny too, haha.
and I'd consider doing this series (not personally interested in the first one enough though) at RyRo or as a joint or whatever. If you're interested...
It's a very big "consider" though XD
- blog
Aug 23, 2010 8:11 AM

Sep 2007
Sadly, no one but myself is really that invested. Most of what I hear about the anime from fans of the TCG is negative (I lurk around Bandai's forums a lot.)

Time would probably be a huge issue for me. Having played around with Subtitle Workshop in the past, it can take me hours to get through a single episode thanks to having to time everything right. I'm also starting school again in the fall.

I swear I'm the only person in the world who likes the first series more than the second. It has almost no plot, but darn it, Numbers Elite hits all my fangirl buttons. Unless they all cameo within the last two episodes of Dan (well, Galaxy already did at least), it will still be second in my book, even if it's a heck of a lot more interesting.
Sep 9, 2010 2:58 PM

Jul 2007
Didn't realize mal.net stopped giving me reply notifications after awhile, what gives. D8;

heh timing takes likes half an hour an ep for me. Aegisub + experience ftw. XD I don't mind picking up most of that role either.

maybe if the rest of those low-res raws come out, we can take a further look at it.
- blog
Sep 14, 2010 4:52 PM
Sep 2010
if you guys were still interested in finding raws for the series to sub it, http://www.youtube.com/user/battlenetwork1000#p/u battle netwrok has all the raws and is actually looking for people who are interested in subbing Battle Spirits. He has all of the first series and the second. He even has the first ep of the 3rd. But if you guys are planning on doing all of it ur selves, I'm trying to start up a grp to do the job, though I have no exp what so ever :)
Sep 14, 2010 4:53 PM
Sep 2010
if you guys were still interested in finding raws for the series to sub it, http://www.youtube.com/user/battlenetwork1000#p/u battle netwrok has all the raws and is actually looking for people who are interested in subbing Battle Spirits. He has all of the first series and the second. He even has the first ep of the 3rd. But if you guys are planning on doing all of it ur selves, I'm trying to start up a grp to do the job, though I have no exp what so ever :)
Sep 26, 2010 4:49 PM

Sep 2007
Err... let's see. I've pretty much forgot to look at this page for a while.

Splash- That's pretty impressive.

I seriously hope someone does release them. It doesn't seem likely at this point. And unfortunately, there's nothing for Brave yet at all. I watch it on Keyhole TV, so seeing the episodes once are no problem, but in terms of getting raws, I'm just left frustrated.

JWN- The ones on YT (where no torrents exist) are just ripped from sites like Tudou or Saymove. They're more or less useless for subbing, since they're about the screen resolution as seen on YT. Not that resolution matters a heck of a lot to me, (If I can see what's going on, I'm good) but I know some people will refuse to watch anything if it's not super HD, encoded with the latest technology that most modern computers can't even play yet. Even I'd be a bit shocked if I downloaded a fansub file and found it was that tiny.

All the experience I have is from playing around, so I'm in practically the same boat as you. But if we ever get anything started, a third hand would be highly useful.
Sep 30, 2010 1:58 PM

Jul 2007
Hmmm looks like Leopard-raws did forget about the series, bleh~~

I don't get it, why doesn't battle network just put up the torrents themselves? XD It's not hard. Even uTorrent can make a bittorrent file and you can upload it to public trackers like nyaatorrents, seed, submit to tokyotosho and you're as good as done with "releasing" the raws. Youtube is pretty blasphemous for source to sub anything even if it's in HD. XD;

Never thought of it but Elitist-Fags could probably pick up doing TS caps for this series if you asked. http://transportstreams.org/ =w=;; That way you'd even get closed captions, BIG BONUS.~ Unfortunately, I've been bugging the TS cappers enough about getting stuff for the series I'm already subbing so I don't want to bug them some more XDDD
but if someone else out there wants to, that would be GREAT.

*drops them a vague note on IRC but won't push the subject*
- blog
Sep 30, 2010 3:15 PM

Sep 2007
Battle Network doesn't have torrents either. It says on the video descriptions they were just ripped off of streaming FLVs. Thus, useless. I'm surprised they look as good as they do on YT.

I suppose I could ask. I've never been good at being a naggy person, because nagging is a pet peeve of mine and I feel guilty doing it myself. But the thought of closed captions makes it so tempting. It'd help for those occasional lines I have to listen to ten times to figure out what was actually being said.
Sep 30, 2010 4:53 PM

Jul 2007
Even if it's just ripped flvs, it'd be nice to put 'em up on torrent, because I hate streaming in general. XD And then putting them up on youtube means youtube has to process it again = more quality loss. mpc plays flv just fine.

Yeah, my single vague poke on them probably won't get them to do anything about it, but if enough people ask for it at least they'll know the show exists LOL. Since it's on TV Asahi along with Digimon Xros, it shouldn't be a problem for them I'd think, unless it has to do something with it overlapping with the time slot for another show and they're not able to get both at the same time or something.

but yeah, the closed captions are soooooooo worth it <3 ~ in my opinion absolutely nothing wrong with being dependent on them since I trust those CC way more than my own poor ears XD
- blog
Sep 30, 2010 6:06 PM

Sep 2007
Ah. That makes sense. I was thinking in terms of using for files to sub. Hmm... I'm thinking of just buying the R2 DVDs like I did with Shounen Toppa Bashin. I don't really want to splurge a lot, but my birthday and Christmas are coming up in December, so I can probably get a couple there. Maybe if I can figure out how to rip them, I could make torrents out of those. At least Shounen Gekiha Dan is cheaper.

The only thing I know that airs in the same slot is Yumeiro Patissiere, and I don't think I saw that listed on the site, so they probably don't cap it either.
Sep 30, 2010 6:14 PM

Jul 2007
I personally find TS encoding a lot less work than DVD encoding (plus the HD quality from TS is yumyum, it's unfortunate these shows don't get BD releases), so lately I toss all of the DVD encoding to my other veteran encoders in my fansub group XD;

If you do get the DVDs for Gekiha Dan and want to bring it into RyRo I'll see if we can all set up a project with ya or something XD; Or the TSes or whatever happens, really. I'm already doing 3 DVD projects right now and they're all going snail pace just because we can and they've already been subbed before (Digimon stuff and Onmyou Taisenki), but this hasn't. XD;
- blog
Sep 30, 2010 7:20 PM

Sep 2007
Okay. I don't know anything about encoding, as you already know, so I wouldn't know what works best. Sorry I can't be much help. -_-;

I just wish there were more options available in present time. Besides the lack of torrents, I'm pretty sure the DVD release is only up to about the half way point anyway. Subs for this show would be incredibly helpful. Firstly, I want an English speaking fandom that doesn't consist of myself. Secondly, it's a much better show then it looks. Even I was reluctant about it, and I hardly ever watch anime these days that aren't aimed at 7-year-olds. I think if people just give it a try, they'll be presently surprised, but for that to happen it has to be out there, because most people don't end up digging through obscure streaming video sites like I do when I want to find old anime that was never subbed.
Oct 1, 2010 2:00 PM

Jul 2007
yeah, those obscure streaming sites aren't reaching many people at all XD;;;
Even if the DVDs are only halfway through, by the time you actually get through subbing that far the rest will probably be available. Unless you're intentionally waiting for all the volumes to be available before making a purchase to save on shipping or something owo

Since it'd be you translating (unless there's someone else who's actually willing to do all you've done so far haha), it'd be up to you to make the push though. I'm just offering to help on the rest of the fansub stuff since I've got the experience (portfolio plugggg http://splash.pmsinfirm.org/portfolio_fansubscan.htm ) and am willing to work on it to a certain extent. Other than that though all my TLing is going to commissions and Inazuma Eleven atm XD; Inazuma has my soullllllllllll
- blog

More topics from this board

» Anyone have the english subtittle in format .srt or .ssa?

DarkUyab - May 22, 2017

0 by DarkUyab »»
May 22, 2017 9:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.