Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jul 25, 2010 9:55 PM

I haven't watched anything belonging to Full Metal Panic series. I'm a little confused with the order. In what order should I watch it ?

Jul 25, 2010 9:58 PM

Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid.

Moving this to series discussion.

Jul 25, 2010 10:00 PM

The order they came out, maybe?

Original.
Fumoffu.
The Second Raid.

Is how I watched it and makes most sense. You don't need to watch Fumoffu to get anything since it's a side story, but it's the best part of the franchise, so don't miss it.

And on the edge of sanity I stumble and fall.

Jul 25, 2010 10:00 PM

Asako said:
Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid.

Moving this to series discussion.
Ceska said:

Original.
Fumoffu.
The Second Raid.

Is how I watched it and makes most sense. You don't need to watch Fumoffu to get anything since it's a side story, but it's the best part of the franchise, so don't miss it.
Stupid 3rd World Country

Jul 25, 2010 10:06 PM

Ceska said:

It isn't always like that, for example Ghost in the Shell movie came out earlier, but it makes more sense if you watch it after the Ghost in the shell SAC even though the latter came out much later. Also, same situation with Ah My Goddess movie and TV series.

Jul 23, 2014 9:29 PM

Hi I have just started watching Full Metal Panic and I need know the correct order to watch/read. First I would like to advance as far as possible with the anime then if someone can tell me which manga continues the story (if soever).

Also if you think the manga is better than the anime or if the anime skips some important stuff please tell me.

Jul 23, 2014 9:33 PM

Full metal panic!
Full metal panic? fumoffu (just a spin-off, not really part of the story but still a good watch)
Full metal panic! 2nd raid

im currently reading the manga but this anime is more enjoyable in anime, mecha fights is boring in manga. The manga is much longer tho

Jul 23, 2014 9:37 PM

blessofcurse said:
Full metal panic!
Full metal panic? fumoffu (just a spin-off, not really part of the story but still a good watch)

im currently reading the manga but this anime is more enjoyable in anime, mecha fights is boring in manga. The manga is much longer tho

Thanks!. After second raid which manga should I read? Or is that the end of the story?

Jul 23, 2014 9:45 PM

Just watch Fumoffu.

Jul 23, 2014 9:57 PM

SuperbMex06 said:
blessofcurse said:
Full metal panic!

Thanks!. After second raid which manga should I read? Or is that the end of the story?

Read Sigma to get the rest of the story.
Skip the original; hasn't aged well.

And for the love of god, don't read Overload (or w/e the spinoff was called.)

Jul 23, 2014 10:00 PM

Cyaegha said:
SuperbMex06 said:

Read Sigma to get the rest of the story.
Skip the original; hasn't aged well.

And for the love of god, don't read Overload (or w/e the spinoff was called.)

Thanks!!

Jul 23, 2014 10:10 PM
Forum Moderator

Jul 6, 2015 10:48 PM

Thanks for the information. Sorry if this thread is old. I'm just serious about showing my appreciation to the members. I just finished watching Full Metal Panic and was losing my mind on which (Second Raid or Fumoffu) one to watch next. Now I'm smiling. :)