Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 9, 2008 10:17 AM
Nov 2007
For me it was the whole feel of this series, both the anime and the manga.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 5, 2008 8:48 AM

Jun 2007
Same here. The music was also nice. What's doing with Emma Bangaihen though? I'm still waiting for the last volume....
Jun 27, 2008 7:37 PM

Jun 2008
I liked the change of pace from other manga series that I follow that I got from reading. The series has thought behind it. Although I was disappointed with the ending a little. I haven't seen the anime yet, outside of the first episode, and am waiting to get Season 1 and 2 in the mail from Rightstuf.com.
I looking forward to reading Shirley when it comes out next week.
"When does a man die? Is it when he's shot in the heart with a pistol? No. When he's stricken with a deadly disease? No. When he eats soup made from a deadly mushroom? NO! It's when he is forgotten!!!" Dr. Hiriluk (One Piece)
Jul 8, 2008 9:08 AM

Mar 2008
the period detail. I'm a huge history buff and I love the level of detail put into the series...
'only the dead have seen the end of war' Plato
listen to the whispers of your ghost
Jul 10, 2008 1:52 PM

Mar 2008
The time period. That made it really cool. You get to see maids, butlers, and other cool thigs from that century. It's really just an interesting anime though. I hear that there will be another anime by the same manga-ka called "Shirley". It will basically be the same time period, and sort of like a season two.

Jul 10, 2008 9:32 PM
Nov 2007
I know Shirley is a short set of stories in manga form , But anime??
Jul 10, 2008 10:13 PM

Mar 2008
who knows...if the mangaka is up for it, you may see more stories set in Emma's world.
Jul 11, 2008 5:54 PM
Nov 2007
That would make me very happy as this is a great series to relax to. :)
Jul 14, 2008 4:35 PM

Mar 2008
amen to that...nice one to watch 1 or 2 episodes of instead of the usual five or six.

Better to savor the quality on show ^^
Jul 14, 2008 9:43 PM
Nov 2007
That is so true and this is one of the few that I feel can be view over and over again and still be enjoyed. :D
Oct 13, 2008 7:00 AM

Dec 2007
I'd have to say the best part of this show is their naive"ness" when it comes to love. Both Emma and William really have no idea what they are doing which makes it all more enjoyable to see how they will grow and pull through the next problem that comes their way.

And yea, sorry for neglecting visiting this club more often (even though I made it) lol.

Anyone feel like taking over the club? I wouldn't mind putting it in better hands.

Jun 24, 2009 9:17 AM
Jun 2009
what i like about Emma? everything abt it of course! ^^

esp the scene where she ran and hugged Willian :3
Mar 24, 2010 3:50 AM

Dec 2009
i like both of the 2 series but mostly i like the second season

and the 6th ep ..when they met again i was about to cry :D
Jun 10, 2010 12:31 PM

Sep 2009
I think i probably liked this series due to the fact that a have read a lot Jane Austin novels, and other novels of the same kind of genre, and the resemblance between the two is something i love.
The time period makes a lovely setting that not many other animes ( that i'm aware of) have tried.
Plus Emma's character is too nice to not like her.
May 21, 2011 4:28 AM

Oct 2010
One of my all time favorite series
If your actions inspire others, to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you're a Leader.
May 21, 2015 8:47 AM

Jan 2009
I really love both the anime and manga series. I don't know which one is better because there were huge changes in the anime series which I think is written well too.

[S P O I L E R A L E R T]
In the manga series, I really wished that Kaoru Mori should've written more positive moments between William and his father. Because I still felt the bitterness between them in the end unlike in the anime series. I also still wished that something should've been done to Viscount Campbell.. I really hate that guy.

While in the anime series, both seasons were kinda short for me. I wanted it to be longer. The animation was really great by the way. At least they should have featured the actual wedding day of William and Emaa... huhu.
Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.