Jun 14, 2010 12:21 PM

Jul 2009
Trailer is up on the redline website, looks pretty badass

http://red-line.jp/index.html

heres a youtube version

suprhiroJun 14, 2010 12:25 PM
Jun 15, 2010 11:22 AM

Jul 2008
Damn. I really regret passing up the opportunity to see this on the big screen at an Anime All-Nighter event we have here in London. The animation looks absolutely mental. Madhouse seem to have really outdone themselves. I can't believe this isn't out in Japan until October. The wait is going to kill me.
ToukaJun 29, 2010 10:43 AM
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Jun 15, 2010 11:52 AM

Aug 2008
Shit yeah! (your vote)

I did rather like Trava.
Jun 16, 2010 1:52 AM

Apr 2007
I have been looking forward to Redline ever since I watched this clip a while back:

Shame it's still quite a ways away from a wide release though.
Jun 16, 2010 2:14 AM

Jul 2009
nice find i swear i saw Shinkai from Trava in that clip, i always liked the style used in this movie like in Trava and others like Dead Leaves! the wait period is kicking my ass thou
Jul 16, 2010 4:10 AM

Jul 2008
There is a new trailer out.

Looks friggin' intense.
Aug 4, 2010 10:05 AM

Jul 2010
Can't wait!
Aug 7, 2010 12:35 PM

Jul 2008
New trailers...

...and here is the poster.

'WITNESS THE FUTURE OF ANIMATION'

A bold statement. I bet it won't disappoint either. Ahh! Please, please, please have another screening in London! I must see this film! It looks so good I could cry. I am sure it'll be phenomenal on the big screen.
ToukaAug 7, 2010 1:05 PM
Aug 7, 2010 5:20 PM

May 2009
It looks sweet. When is the BD release for this?
Aug 8, 2010 3:39 PM

Jul 2008
stAtic91 said:
It looks sweet. When is the BD release for this?

Redline is out in theatres across Japan in October, so the DVD and Blu-ray won't show up until next year.
Aug 8, 2010 6:32 PM

May 2009
I see... That's quite a wait then.

Do you know why the details say that it aired August 14, 2009?
Aug 9, 2010 4:32 AM

Jul 2008
stAtic91 said:
I see... That's quite a wait then.

Do you know why the details say that it aired August 14, 2009?

That was most probably the date of the world premiere. It's the same for King of Thorn - it premiered in Spain and England in October 2009 so that's what the date aired is, even though it wasn't released in Japan until early 2010. They should really distinguish between the Japanese release and the International release on this website. :P
Sep 13, 2010 8:48 AM

Apr 2009
Touka said:
There is a new trailer out.

Looks friggin' intense.

Trava and Shinkai from "Trava" at 16'sec. Awesome!
Sep 21, 2010 4:09 PM

Jul 2008
More!

Sep 21, 2010 11:06 PM

Jul 2009
Stop teasing me~~

seriously thou this is gonna look so beautiful in BD
Dec 27, 2010 1:34 PM

Nov 2010
Is this going to get a UK release in Cinemas??

I bloody hope so
Jan 5, 2011 9:40 AM

Jul 2008
flyingeagle666 said:

I bloody hope so

It was shown last May at the Apollo cinema in Piccadilly as part of their anime all-nighter and again later in the year at the Scotland Loves Anime event in Glasgow and at the Leeds International Film Festival. I could have seen it at the all-nighter but decided against it in the end and have been regretting it ever since, so I have been keeping up with all the releases just hoping that it is shown somewhere near me again, haha. If anymore UK releases are announced I'll drop you a message or something. I'm hoping the BFI will show it but I highly doubt it'll get a nationwide cinema release. It'll just pop up at film festivals and art house cinemas.

Manga Entertainment have announced that they will be releasing Redline on DVD and Blu-ray around May this year though. Still, it's just not the same as seeing it on the big screen.

Oh wait, news just in! Redline is going to be screened at London's Barbican theatre on Tuesday 22nd February at 8:45PM. Tickets cost £8.50 online or £10.50 on the door and the film will be introduced by Helen McCarthy. If you don't know about her, well she is pretty much one of the most important people in the UK as far as anime goes and is highly responsible for the growth in the industry over here. Booking my tickets right now! Can't flippin' wait!

http://www.barbican.org.uk/film/event-detail.asp?ID=11691
ToukaJan 5, 2011 10:16 AM
Jan 5, 2011 10:01 AM

Nov 2010
Touka said:
flyingeagle666 said:

I bloody hope so

It was shown last October at the Apollo cinema in Piccadilly as part of their anime all-nighter and again later in the year at the Scotland Loves Anime event in Glasgow and at the Leeds International Film Festival. I could have seen it at the all-nighter but decided against it in the end and have been regretting it ever since, so I have been keeping up with all the releases just hoping that it is shown somewhere near me again, haha. If anyone more UK releases are announced I'll drop you a message or something. I'm hoping the BFI will show it but I highly doubt it'll get a nationwide cinema release. It'll just pop up at film festivals and art house cinemas.

Manga Entertainment have announced that they will be releasing Redline on DVD around May this year. Still, it's just not the same as seeing it on the big screen.

Oh wait, news just in! Redline is going to be screened at London's Barbican theatre on Tuesday 22nd February at 8:45PM. Tickets cost £8.50 online or £10.50 on the door and the film will be introduced on the night by Helen McCarthy. If you don't know about her, well she is pretty much one of the most important people in the UK as far as anime goes and is is highly responsible for the growth in the industry over here. Booking my tickets right now! Can't flippin' wait!

http://www.barbican.org.uk/film/event-detail.asp?ID=11691

OMG your a legend ^_^

How did you find out?
flyingeagle666Jan 5, 2011 10:09 AM
Jan 5, 2011 10:06 AM

Jul 2008
flyingeagle666 said:
OMG your a legend ^_^

is it subtitled?

Yep, says 'In Japanese with English subtitles' on the website. (:

flyingeagle666 said:
How did you find out?

Good old uk-anime.net.
ToukaJan 5, 2011 10:18 AM
Jan 5, 2011 10:22 AM

Nov 2010
Touka said:
flyingeagle666 said:
OMG your a legend ^_^

is it subtitled?

flyingeagle666 said:
How did you find out?

Good old uk-anime.net.

lol after I put that I then looked again on the website and was like -_- why didnt I see that

Where do you check to know if anime films are showing? I wanna see Evangelion 3 when it comes out but dont know where to look for that sort of thing.

grr Im just waiting for my friend to get back to me to see if she can make it or not.....want...to....book....ticket........now, if she cant come it will just be me :( none of my other friends like anime lol

o thanks for the link!
Jan 5, 2011 10:33 AM

Jul 2008
flyingeagle666 said:
Touka said:
flyingeagle666 said:
OMG your a legend ^_^

is it subtitled?

flyingeagle666 said:
How did you find out?

Good old uk-anime.net.

lol after I put that I then looked again on the website and was like -_- why didnt I see that

Where do you check to know if anime films are showing? I wanna see Evangelion 3 when it comes out but dont know where to look for that sort of thing.

grr Im just waiting for my friend to get back to me to see if she can make it or not.....want...to....book....ticket........now

Usually I check animeuknews.net or if there is a specific anime film coming out that I want to see I would just search the title followed by 'uk release' which usually gets me somewhere. I would check uk-anime.net more often but it seems to be down more times than it isn't and animenewsnetwork can be a good website to keep you updated, but it can be hard picking out the UK news. I am also subscribed to the BFI Southbank cinema's mailing list. They often show a good few anime films. I saw Eva 1.0 and Eva 2.0 back-to-back there last year. Pretty sure they'll show Eva 3.0 whenever it is released. The Apollo cinema in Piccadilly have an anime all nighter twice a year (in May and October) as well where they show the latest anime films from midnight to morning. Pretty much I just scour the internet for news, but UK based anime websites are your best bet.

Waiting for my friends to get back to me as well, haha. Thankfully there are still lots of seats though, plus hopefully if it gets really busy they will show it in more than one screen. I think if my friends can't come then I'll just go on my own anyway. Been dying to see this film.
ToukaJan 5, 2011 10:37 AM
Jan 5, 2011 11:21 AM

Nov 2010
Touka said:

Usually I check animeuknews.net or if there is a specific anime film coming out that I want to see I would just search the title followed by 'uk release' which usually gets me somewhere. I would check uk-anime.net more often but it seems to be down more times than it isn't and animenewsnetwork can be a good website to keep you updated, but it can be hard picking out the UK news. I am also subscribed to the BFI Southbank cinema's mailing list. They often show a good few anime films. I saw Eva 1.0 and Eva 2.0 back-to-back there last year. Pretty sure they'll show Eva 3.0 whenever it is released. The Apollo cinema in Piccadilly have an anime all nighter twice a year (in May and October) as well where they show the latest anime films from midnight to morning. Pretty much I just scour the internet for news, but UK based anime websites are your best bet.

Waiting for my friends to get back to me as well, haha. Thankfully there are still lots of seats though, plus hopefully if it gets really busy they will show it in more than one screen. I think if my friends can't come then I'll just go on my own anyway. Been dying to see this film.

Wow thanks. If you hear about Eva 3 and remember me please please give me a PM lol

Il defo keep an eye out though on those websites

Yeah same, if my friend dont wanna come to hell with it I'll travel down and see it by myself. It looks so sweet, cant wait for it on blu-ray ^.^
Jan 5, 2011 12:38 PM

Nov 2010
Just booked my tickets ^_^

seats F11 - F12

now just to buy train tickets......... which will probably end up costing more than double the actual cinema tickets

........looks in wallet ....... .... *crys*
Jan 5, 2011 2:37 PM

Jul 2008
I will indeed! I don't think we'll be hearing anything about Eva 3.0 for quite some time though.

Good stuff! You got quite possibly the best seats! I got the okay from one of my friends, just waiting on another. Might get the middle seats on row D if they're still there tomorrow.
Jan 5, 2011 3:44 PM

Nov 2010
Touka said:
I will indeed! I don't think we'll be hearing anything about Eva 3.0 for quite some time though.

Good stuff! You got quite possibly the best seats! I got the okay from one of my friends, just waiting on another. Might get the middle seats on row D if they're still there tomorrow.

Yeah thats sounds cool! Im sure they will still be there tomorrow as the notice that REDLINE was going to be on was posted on the site you gave me in December.

O man, I think Ill start saving up now for when Eva 3 comes out so I can afford to go see it which ever cinema it premiers here lol

thanks so much for the heads up today ^_^
Jan 6, 2011 4:03 PM

Jul 2008
Someone got to the row D seats before me, haha. Ended up booking F8, F9 and F10, which is incidentally right next to you lmao. Row F seems the best though, slap bang in the middle.

No worries! Hope we both enjoy the film. ^_^
Jan 7, 2011 9:20 AM

Nov 2010
Lol thats very cool ^_^

Im the guy with the lip ring just so you know lol, il say hi............. although I dont know what you look like lolz

It should be epic, I hope we enjoy it too ^_^
Jan 8, 2011 9:01 AM

Jul 2008
Alrighty! I'll look out for you. I'll be the guy with long hair with two other guys sitting to the right of you. I've watched the trailer about 20 times now! February couldn't come soon enough. Really looking forward to it!
ToukaJan 8, 2011 10:18 AM
Jan 8, 2011 1:45 PM

Nov 2010
Touka said:
Alrighty! I'll look out for you. I'll be the guy with long hair with two other guys sitting to the right of you. I've watched the trailer about 20 times now! February couldn't come soon enough. Really looking forward to it!

Cool ^_^

Yeah, I have had the trailer open in a tab continuously for the last few days and just keep watching it every now and then lol

See you there buddy
Jan 15, 2011 1:49 AM

Jul 2009
would love to hear your guys thoughts on the movie!!
Jan 16, 2011 6:41 AM

Nov 2010
Badhiro said:
would love to hear your guys thoughts on the movie!!

I'll try a little review after I have been ^_^

I apologise in advance for the crappiness of my review lol
Feb 3, 2011 1:58 PM

Nov 2010
O mate, not long now ^_^ couple of weeks
Feb 10, 2011 4:26 PM

Jul 2008
Indeed, just counting down the days now!
May 2, 2013 8:31 AM
Jun 2008
now it's hard to find the very first trailer, only new ones uploaded on youtube and i wanted to show my friend how much more awesome it was in the beginning.
anyone now where to find the old trailer?

*update*
oh, nevermind, i found it in a neighbour thread, it's this promo
http://video.tvguide.com/Redline/Promo+Trailer/5432996
HaohmaruHLMay 23, 2013 5:46 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Redline Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

De-JaY - Aug 20, 2010

353 by TheWizardSaturn »»
Apr 29, 3:22 PM

» Delisted

DrFluffyUnicorn - Mar 6

4 by amermelao »»
Mar 13, 2:08 PM

» Whay did Sonoshee...

SinDrake - Mar 5

1 by DoobieSam »»
Mar 5, 6:01 PM

Poll: » dub or sub

Sunproof21 - Jul 15, 2023

10 by HenryLeo123 »»
Feb 7, 2:08 PM

» How has no one acknowledged this movie's crazy Jojo vibes?

coreynj - Feb 14, 2023

23 by YahiyaX777L »»
Oct 5, 2023 5:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.