Forum Settings
Forums

Animes that where well made, but just did not do well?

New
May 26, 12:35 PM

May 2022
Any anime you think the creators put a lot of effort and care into making and it just did not do well with viewers? Not to say most do not have a lot of effort put in, but be it time/budget constraints they just don't end with a solid product. Obviously even high budget shows still have some area's where they cheap out.

I am thinking along the lines of a show that has a faithful adaption, but the story doesn't translate as well you would expect. Possibly also during the time it was produced the technology wasn't where it needed to be for it to show the true potential of the show.
May 26, 2:45 PM

Sep 2016
Sounds like https://myanimelist.net/anime/1361/Final_Fantasy__The_Spirits_Within (biggest flop in Anime history, despite the very high production quality)

There's also https://myanimelist.net/anime/565/Steamboy (another big flop, despite excellent animation)
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 27, 12:47 AM

Jul 2021
If you're simply asking for a "diamond in the rough" that had some amazing qualities but fell apart over time, Wonder Egg Priority comes to mind.

Stunning visuals, atmosphere and big ideas, but then it all went so, so wrong.

If you want to talk about high-quality production and a solid adaptation that was still received negatively, Chainsaw Man maybe.

I really think the show is well-made, it just awkwardly ended up less than the sum of its parts.

If you want to talk about high-quality shows that no one paid attention to, then I can just post the "Hidden Gems"/"Most Obscure" list from my profile:

Heike Monogatari
Overtake
Deaimon
Raven of the Inner Palace
Sengoku Youko

More topics from this board

» If you could have 1 anime get licenced what would pick?

RareAnimeHunter - 1 hour ago

4 by RainyEvenings »»
2 minutes ago

» What anime studio has the best track record for consistent bangers? ( 1 2 )

Reshiram_IX - Sep 20

57 by MeguSae38 »»
11 minutes ago

» What do you think of split POV in romance anime?

Quadruple_Oi - 5 hours ago

11 by MeguSae38 »»
12 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

689 by Shubhamb1996 »»
15 minutes ago

» Why doesn't Hollywood take risk anymore unlike the anime industry?

Spunkert - Yesterday

43 by justanormi »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.