Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 30, 8:40 AM

Nov 2020
I'm sure someone else has posted something similar to this, but I'm not very active.

I get that blocking someone blocks them from friending you and posting on your wall, but why can I still see all the drivel they post literally everywhere else? Other people's walls, forums, clubs etc., etc.. It's like a really soft block. I mean, it kinda works if I don't care about interacting with the forums and stuff, but if I do, can't I just see all the shit they post? What if they're flaming me? I blocked them so I don't do it back, but if I see it, then that's totally useless. I have to use my mental faculties to rein myself in?

I also don't know why there is a limit to blocked users. I've never seen anywhere else on the internet do this before. What if 31 people are disrupting me?

More of a rant than a suggestion, not sure if it belongs here but it seems somewhat apt. I'm really just suggesting that the block feature is improved, preferably with the force of a thousand burning suns.
Apr 30, 8:43 AM

Jan 2009
for forums they got ignored users function instead https://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=forumoptions

but ye its not that helpful too so i agree lots of improvements are needed for this
Apr 30, 12:11 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
If they are flaming you, report them so a community mod can sort them out.
Apr 30, 5:25 PM

Mar 2008
Blocking a user stops direct contact. Ignoring a user collapses their posts so you dont see it. Though ignoring a user doesnt seem to disable being notified of their posts replying to you i have heard
Apr 30, 6:01 PM

Feb 2017
Yeah I'm with you on this. If I block someone I don't want to see them at all.

More topics from this board

» Catastrophic Necromancer

dovahkiindovah - Yesterday

3 by machy871 »»
Yesterday, 12:21 PM

» castlevania

thiagoLkirschner - Sep 20, 2022

2 by Lun4t1cc »»
Yesterday, 7:42 AM

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

11 by Rhae »»
May 15, 9:22 PM

» Are there any plans to revamp mal on mobile?

Akuya - May 10

3 by unpocolocoMe »»
May 15, 5:55 PM

» Add Volume tab for Manga, like the Episode tab for Anime

Readerio - May 11

1 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »»
May 15, 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.