Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 25, 6:12 PM
Jan 2023
Hi, Im new to MAL and now i seem to have problem exporting my anime list from website, btw i use aniwatch, i have use all kind of way to export, i downloaded the xml file from the website and when i import the xml file it says “ Nothing to update, are you sure you set update_on_import correctly?”

Im kinda lost here, i tried converted the json file to xml file too, and still it doesnt work,i researched on some website where you need to put the 0 values to 1 but when i check my xml file it doesnt have any “update_on_import”.

Im lost and idk what to do, hope someone would help me here.TQ
Mar 25, 7:56 PM

Jul 2023
I agree - we should export all of our problems.

On a more serious note, care to share an image of the issue? It would be more helpful, if seeing is believing.
Mar 25, 8:02 PM
Jan 2023
here you go , got any ideas?
Mar 25, 8:21 PM

Jul 2023
Right. I rarely used Aniwatch, but I thought there was a means of connecting the account to your MAL in Ani's settings. As far as exporting is concerned, I do not know that the export is possible from that site to this one - I thought you could actually export your list to MAL after connecting the accounts directly from Aniwatch. Is that not possible?
Mar 25, 10:10 PM
Jan 2023
I dont think connecting my aniwatch account to MAL is possible, here is the export option
Mar 25, 10:23 PM

Jul 2023
Okay, so here is what I found for your problem specifically;

Apparently there is a 3rd-party application that can be used to directly upload your Aniwatch JSON to MAL, that being this: github.com/Zai-Kun/AniWatch-AKA-Zoro-To-MyAnimeList

Per the video, your MAL email and password should be unaffected by this application - it will ask for permission to modify your MAL account upon generating a token and then update your roster to whatever you have on Aniwatch. This seems to be the only promising method of exporting your Aniwatch list to MAL. The only other suggestion that seems recurring is to add your list manually, which I can only assume would take an undesirable amount of time, otherwise you probably would not be asking this question.
Mar 25, 11:51 PM

Jan 2009
not all xml files are the same so aniwatch and myanimelist xml files are different

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3374 by Rhaelynne »»
21 minutes ago

» I can't use forums using Windows High Contrast anymore

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

5 by vasipi4946 »»
7 hours ago

» IP ban glitch?

AverageRiceFan - Apr 21

2 by hich4n_ »»
Yesterday, 12:15 PM

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

127 by Spunkert »»
Yesterday, 6:05 AM

» Backup

Vapor_AU - Apr 24

1 by pichipichiHiro »»
Apr 24, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.