Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 25, 3:53 PM
Dec 2017
Oda has a serious problem with the deaths in this manga, it's not possible that most of the characters survive, now even from the flashbacks they don't even die anymore, how is it possible that Sauro is alive when they told you he was dead? I mean, come on, you're only creating gigantic inconsistencies and plot holes for me ☠️
Mar 25, 4:03 PM
Jan 2021
It’s time to look up what time capsule means
Mar 25, 4:32 PM
Oct 2017
Leon888 said:
Oda has a serious problem with the deaths in this manga, it's not possible that most of the characters survive, now even from the flashbacks they don't even die anymore, how is it possible that Sauro is alive when they told you he was dead? I mean, come on, you're only creating gigantic inconsistencies and plot holes for me ☠️

It’s the other way around in the case of Sauro.
Sauro’s death has always been a big problem for Kuzan’s character. He would have been just an hypocrite if he had really killed Sauro, so I’m glad Oda revealed he was still alive. There was a plot hole before that revelation.
Beside this, Oda’s changing and many more characters are dying lately. That was an old problem.

Now, this is totally personal but I like the way almost no one dies at the beginning so that when Ace really does it hits even harder 🙈
Mar 25, 5:22 PM
Apr 2016
I'm a big big big One Piece Fan and love Oda but i agree.
oda and death is not good.
Mar 25, 6:22 PM
Jan 2021
HINIX said:
Leon888 said:

Sauro’s death has always been a big problem for Kuzan’s character. He would have been just an hypocrite if he had really killed Sauro, so I’m glad Oda revealed he was still alive. There was a plot hole before that revelation.
Beside this, Oda’s changing and many more characters are dying lately. That was an old problem.

Now, this is totally personal but I like the way almost no one dies at the beginning so that when Ace really does it hits even harder 🙈

But most of them meant nothing. Like idaf is ashura dies. Let that man die even with izo.
As far as i can remember only ace's(Which to me was alright nothing too shocking I expected it), Corzan (best), Pedro are the only ones i can remember from the top of my head.
Mar 25, 6:33 PM
Oct 2021
Another Troll Thread by haters.😒😒
How can you're dropped One Piece in 1000 episode? 😬
Mar 25, 7:19 PM
Aug 2021
bro drops anime after watching it completely, respect ♥️
Mar 25, 8:58 PM

Aug 2019
To be fair there was no concrete reason to believe Saul had died; he was frozen by Aokiji, who was his friend. Common sense would tell you that Aokiji didn't go all-out against someone he cared about, and besides we know that getting frozen by Aokiji isn't a death sentence anyway since Luffy, Robin, Doflamingo and other characters survived the same fate too.
Mar 25, 10:02 PM
May 2016
No one "told you" that he was dead. Robin thought he was. That's different. So no, it's not inconsistency and not a plot hole.
And it's not really a problem. People die, but not everyone which is the normal approach. We are talking about pretty strong characters here. How can we believe that they are strong if they die from everything?
Mar 25, 11:27 PM
Jul 2018
TIME CAPSULE
I think anyone can understand what that means
Mar 26, 12:20 AM
Nov 2021
um, ok thank you so much for your wonderful thread
Mar 26, 3:29 AM
Sep 2021
he was never shown to be killed dawg but ik what you are trying to say, anyways it's just how oda likes to write and you are probably trolling as dropping one piece at exactly 1000 episodes while rating it a 3 is bs
Mar 26, 7:37 AM
Nov 2021
Let him cook. If you don't like it, you can go.
Mar 26, 9:38 AM
Jan 2024
Stop the cap man he's not perfect i mean he's only human, but he's one of the greatest mangakas of all time, and one piece is one of the greatest manga and anime of all time,I mean it's accolades speaks for itself dont forget that one piece is on the guiness book of records, Why would someone think of dropping one piece after a thousand episodes seriously what's up with you?
ShalsnipesMar 26, 9:45 AM
Mar 26, 5:06 PM
Feb 2021
Bruh this man goes thread to thread bitching about the stories, it’s wild. He’s just farming engagement with terrible takes
Mar 26, 6:17 PM
Aug 2020
Well, this guy has a right to hate since he watched a thousand of episodes before dropping. Respect.
Mar 27, 2:37 PM
Oct 2017
Blaze567 said:
HINIX said:

But most of them meant nothing. Like idaf is ashura dies. Let that man die even with izo.
As far as i can remember only ace's(Which to me was alright nothing too shocking I expected it), Corzan (best), Pedro are the only ones i can remember from the top of my head.

Yeah I know, that’s why I prefer when less characters used to die (this sound so odd lol)
They had more screen time and more impact because they were fewer, but now I feel the same. I’ve always liked Izo but he didn’t have much scree time and died totally randomly. I’ve been thinking he had survived until the newspaper officially stated his death. Same for Ashura. Even if I quite liked the character his death didn’t mean much to me…
Anyway, the majority of fans prefer this way 🤷🏻‍♂️
It’s not a big deal if there’ll still be impactful deaths too imo
Mar 27, 4:46 PM
Feb 2021
it's called being a shounen manga... if you want deaths maybe try a different demographic like seinen.
Mar 27, 9:25 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to DiomarBrasindo
It’s time to look up what time capsule means
@DiomarBrasindo Too bad Sauro should be dead, not frozen in time...
Mar 27, 9:32 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to HINIX
Leon888 said:

@HINIX But it's not true, in fact it gave more prominence to the character of Kuzan and Robin and what happened to Ohara, not to mention that Sauro was alive all this time and never did anything for Robin...
Mar 27, 9:34 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Ridzaxster
Another Troll Thread by haters.😒😒
How can you're dropped One Piece in 1000 episode? 😬
@Ridzaxster Another stupid comment made by an OP fanboy 😂 ?
Mar 27, 9:46 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Early_Morning
To be fair there was no concrete reason to believe Saul had died; he was frozen by Aokiji, who was his friend. Common sense would tell you that Aokiji didn't go all-out against someone he cared about, and besides we know that getting frozen by Aokiji isn't a death sentence anyway since Luffy, Robin, Doflamingo and other characters survived the same fate too.
@Early_Morning In chapter 433 Aokiji states that Sauro was dead, so his sudden resurrection cannot be explained
Mar 27, 9:47 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to ktg
No one "told you" that he was dead. Robin thought he was. That's different. So no, it's not inconsistency and not a plot hole.
And it's not really a problem. People die, but not everyone which is the normal approach. We are talking about pretty strong characters here. How can we believe that they are strong if they die from everything?
@ktg In chapter 433 Aokiji states that Sauro was dead… lol, also Sauro wasn't strong, he sucked so what exactly are you talking about?
Mar 27, 9:48 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to removed-user
TIME CAPSULE
I think anyone can understand what that means
@BoringSalad Too bad Sauro should be dead, not frozen in time...
Mar 27, 9:49 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to GodBrandxDD
he was never shown to be killed dawg but ik what you are trying to say, anyways it's just how oda likes to write and you are probably trolling as dropping one piece at exactly 1000 episodes while rating it a 3 is bs
@GodBrandxDD In chapter 433 Aokiji states that Sauro was dead, lol, also you are really stupid if the only thing you checked is my anime collection instead of my manga collection 😂
Mar 27, 9:50 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Ragon_Qc
Let him cook. If you don't like it, you can go.
@Ragon_Qc Here Oda is burning down the house with his kitchen, since Sauro's resurrection makes no sense... if you don't understand it you can go
Mar 27, 9:52 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Shalsnipes
Stop the cap man he's not perfect i mean he's only human, but he's one of the greatest mangakas of all time, and one piece is one of the greatest manga and anime of all time,I mean it's accolades speaks for itself dont forget that one piece is on the guiness book of records, Why would someone think of dropping one piece after a thousand episodes seriously what's up with you?
@Shalsnipes you are really stupid if the only thing you checked is my anime collection instead of my manga collection… Furthermore, if Oda is one of the greatest manga artists of all time, it means that people like to praise mediocrity. lol
Mar 27, 9:54 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Stickyerrlando
Bruh this man goes thread to thread bitching about the stories, it’s wild. He’s just farming engagement with terrible takes
@Stickyerrlando And what stories, all mediocre stuff that is rightly criticized, lol
Mar 27, 9:55 PM

Mar 2018
Reply to Leon888
@GodBrandxDD In chapter 433 Aokiji states that Sauro was dead, lol, also you are really stupid if the only thing you checked is my anime collection instead of my manga collection 😂
@Leon888 looking at the chapter and it doesn't look like he ever said that ??? he actually specifically DOESN'T say that in the translation I'm looking at, it looks like it's intentionally vague for this very purpose
Sometimes you just want to hear anime girls squeak and squeal
Mar 27, 9:56 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Maxine1994
it's called being a shounen manga... if you want deaths maybe try a different demographic like seinen.
@Maxine1994 Well of course because Jujutsu Kaisen, Aot, demon slayer, are truly seinen given their practically non-existent number of deaths... but what do I have to read, not to mention that here we're talking about coherence, not targets, lol
Mar 27, 9:58 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to HINIX
Blaze567 said:
HINIX said:

Yeah I know, that’s why I prefer when less characters used to die (this sound so odd lol)
They had more screen time and more impact because they were fewer, but now I feel the same. I’ve always liked Izo but he didn’t have much scree time and died totally randomly. I’ve been thinking he had survived until the newspaper officially stated his death. Same for Ashura. Even if I quite liked the character his death didn’t mean much to me…
Anyway, the majority of fans prefer this way 🤷🏻‍♂️
It’s not a big deal if there’ll still be impactful deaths too imo
@HINIX That is, none, the only death of great impact is that of Ace, and with the way Oda is going it seems like there won't be any other deaths
Mar 27, 10:00 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Sports_Friday
@Leon888 looking at the chapter and it doesn't look like he ever said that ??? he actually specifically DOESN'T say that in the translation I'm looking at, it looks like it's intentionally vague for this very purpose
@Sports_Friday If I knew how to send images to this site, I would attach the scan in which it says so
Mar 27, 10:11 PM

Mar 2018
Leon888 said:
@Sports_Friday If I knew how to send images to this site, I would attach the scan in which it says so

Yea I am looking at some other translations and the most straightforward one I see is "gave his life" which I could understand being frustrated with. But my main point is that in every translation I've seen it's still vague enough given the tone of the story overall that it doesn't feel TOO unreasonable to say he's alive.

Fakeout deaths do tend to be a problem but I don't think this one is really close to pell level at all and overall makes sense that Kuzan wouldn't use lethal force since they were close, it even heavily mirrors Kizaru in recent chapters
Sometimes you just want to hear anime girls squeak and squeal
Mar 28, 1:26 AM
May 2016
Reply to Leon888
@ktg In chapter 433 Aokiji states that Sauro was dead… lol, also Sauro wasn't strong, he sucked so what exactly are you talking about?
@Leon888 It would be a relevant point, if you think that everyone always tells the truth and they are incapable of lying. So, do you believe in this fairy tale?
Mar 28, 2:22 AM
Jan 2021
Leon888 said:

So what you’re telling me is that you didn’t look up what time capsule means ?
Mar 29, 10:45 AM
Aug 2021
Honestly, it didn't bother me so much before, but recently, I agree that Oda committed serious sins by not killing certain characters (which I won't mention here to avoid spoilers) in Whole Cake, Wano and Alabasta....
Apr 6, 5:10 AM
Oct 2017
Leon888 said:
@HINIX But it's not true, in fact it gave more prominence to the character of Kuzan and Robin and what happened to Ohara, not to mention that Sauro was alive all this time and never did anything for Robin...

Kuzan “killed” his best friend, Sauro, because he was protecting his target, Nico Robin, and spared the target because Sauro sacrificed for her (this doesn’t make much sense). After that he “pretended” being a good guy the whole time (for example by sparing Luffy and Robin once more, facing Akainu, or saving Smoker’s life). The fact he didn’t actually killed Sauro makes the whole character clearer and less hypocrite.
Apr 7, 10:26 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to ktg
@Leon888 It would be a relevant point, if you think that everyone always tells the truth and they are incapable of lying. So, do you believe in this fairy tale?
@ktg What's the point of lying about Sauro's death when he tells Robin that Ohara wasn't completely gone? Bah Ktg you are truly a user who doesn't think when he speaks
Apr 7, 10:28 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Sports_Friday
Leon888 said:

Yea I am looking at some other translations and the most straightforward one I see is "gave his life" which I could understand being frustrated with. But my main point is that in every translation I've seen it's still vague enough given the tone of the story overall that it doesn't feel TOO unreasonable to say he's alive.

Fakeout deaths do tend to be a problem but I don't think this one is really close to pell level at all and overall makes sense that Kuzan wouldn't use lethal force since they were close, it even heavily mirrors Kizaru in recent chapters
@Sports_Friday The same Kizaru who kills Vegapunk and tries to kill Bonney and his companions several times? Well, if it turns out that Vegapunk is also alive, it really confirms that Oda has a problem with deaths
Apr 7, 10:29 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to DiomarBrasindo
Leon888 said:

So what you’re telling me is that you didn’t look up what time capsule means ?
@DiomarBrasindo I understand you're a troll
Apr 7, 10:38 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to HINIX
Leon888 said:

Kuzan “killed” his best friend, Sauro, because he was protecting his target, Nico Robin, and spared the target because Sauro sacrificed for her (this doesn’t make much sense). After that he “pretended” being a good guy the whole time (for example by sparing Luffy and Robin once more, facing Akainu, or saving Smoker’s life). The fact he didn’t actually killed Sauro makes the whole character clearer and less hypocrite.
@HINIX What are you talking about, do you read the manga or watch one piece in the reels? Sauro was not his best friend and he spared Robin mainly because in addition to Sauro's sacrifice there was also the intervention of Akainu who killed innocent people... also Aokiji is not a good guy, but just a marine with a moral, he does not hesitate to send the cp9 against the mugiwara thinking that they would have no chance against them and giving Spandam the opportunity to implement a buster call on them, he spares Robin and Luffy because he is indebted to Garp and says so, he challenges Akainu because he was also a candidate for grand admiral he didn't want to be under the orders of what he considers a madman, he saves Smoker's life because as he himself said Smoker is his friend... but why do I have to explain these things to you? Not to mention that the fact that she didn't kill Sauro creates a giant plot hole in One Piece, lol
Apr 8, 1:15 AM
Oct 2017
Leon888 said:
@HINIX What are you talking about, do you read the manga or watch one piece in the reels? Sauro was not his best friend and he spared Robin mainly because in addition to Sauro's sacrifice there was also the intervention of Akainu who killed innocent people... also Aokiji is not a good guy, but just a marine with a moral, he does not hesitate to send the cp9 against the mugiwara thinking that they would have no chance against them and giving Spandam the opportunity to implement a buster call on them, he spares Robin and Luffy because he is indebted to Garp and says so, he challenges Akainu because he was also a candidate for grand admiral he didn't want to be under the orders of what he considers a madman, he saves Smoker's life because as he himself said Smoker is his friend... but why do I have to explain these things to you? Not to mention that the fact that she didn't kill Sauro creates a giant plot hole in One Piece, lol

I didn’t explain the reasons of his actions because they’re all good reasons. You didn’t have to explain them lol
And Sauro WAS Kuzan’s close friend. (Check the wiki if you don’t know)
The plot hole was avoided with Sauro surviving.
Don’t assume others haven’t read the manga or watched the show after saying no relevant death occur after Ace’s one 😂
Apr 8, 3:48 AM
Jan 2021
Leon888 said:

So it’s been 2 weeks and you still don’t know what time capsule means ?
Apr 9, 12:26 AM
May 2016
Reply to Leon888
@ktg What's the point of lying about Sauro's death when he tells Robin that Ohara wasn't completely gone? Bah Ktg you are truly a user who doesn't think when he speaks
@Leon888 "The Ohara wasn't completely gone" refers to Robin. "You are carrying Ohara with you and if you keep moving forward, Ohara won't ever truely die". This called encouragement.
As for Saul, if he mentions it, then Robin could stuck in the past and could have started to search for him, instead of moving forward.
It is also possible that Aokiji thought that Saul was dead. It was also pointed out by Chopper that they could actually die if you let them stay in ice.

It is pretty pathetic that you talking about how I don't think, while even fail to at least try to think through why would Aokiji does certain things. I believe you are the one that people usually call braindead. :)
Apr 9, 5:58 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to HINIX
Leon888 said:

I didn’t explain the reasons of his actions because they’re all good reasons. You didn’t have to explain them lol
And Sauro WAS Kuzan’s close friend. (Check the wiki if you don’t know)
The plot hole was avoided with Sauro surviving.
Don’t assume others haven’t read the manga or watched the show after saying no relevant death occur after Ace’s one 😂
@HINIX Sauro's death wasn't a plot hole... also go ahead and cite the wiki as a source ☠️
Apr 9, 5:59 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to DiomarBrasindo
Leon888 said:

So it’s been 2 weeks and you still don’t know what time capsule means ?
@DiomarBrasindo So you still insist on being a troll?
Apr 9, 6:01 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to ktg
@Leon888 "The Ohara wasn't completely gone" refers to Robin. "You are carrying Ohara with you and if you keep moving forward, Ohara won't ever truely die". This called encouragement.
As for Saul, if he mentions it, then Robin could stuck in the past and could have started to search for him, instead of moving forward.
It is also possible that Aokiji thought that Saul was dead. It was also pointed out by Chopper that they could actually die if you let them stay in ice.

It is pretty pathetic that you talking about how I don't think, while even fail to at least try to think through why would Aokiji does certain things. I believe you are the one that people usually call braindead. :)
@ktg Oh well, it's getting more and more embarrassing, you tell me he doesn't tell Robin anything because he's afraid he might look for him... okay I understand you're a waste of time as always, lol
Apr 10, 2:13 AM
May 2016
Reply to Leon888
@ktg Oh well, it's getting more and more embarrassing, you tell me he doesn't tell Robin anything because he's afraid he might look for him... okay I understand you're a waste of time as always, lol
@Leon888 Please, learn to speak English. It's embarrassing to read your comments.
It is a commons theme or more like how people works that they can "stuck" in the past if there's even a single straw that connects them to their past. Like a person, for example Saul.
And btw, in Robin's case, it is pretty believable. Her whole arc was about this. That's why Robin without a single word followed CP9, because she didn't think about her future, because she thought she's not allowed to have a future.

It is pretty simple, even a 12 year old could have understood it. I don't know how you missed it. It's pretty embarrassing for you.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 412 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mayumu - Aug 9, 2009

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelleee - Sep 13, 2008

377 by TheStarscream759 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1015 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 23, 2022

476 by kappaisnew »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

54 by LadyLeeMing »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
Today, 9:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.