Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 15, 7:14 PM
Oct 2021
Honestly we need a reboot they need to spend like a lot of seasons in sao give us the war of the underworld animation with a solid redo of the show, they should make it where the movies will fit in and idk spend like 2 seasons getting to floor 20 or something idk I think if they did this they can fiix all the problems that people don’t like and we would get more of what we actually like, the show is called sword art online and we only got 15 episodes of sao. I still love the whole show
Mar 15, 7:42 PM
Aug 2022
Superninjaboy2 said:
Honestly we need a reboot they need to spend like a lot of seasons in sao give us the war of the underworld animation with a solid redo of the show, they should make it where the movies will fit in and idk spend like 2 seasons getting to floor 20 or something idk I think if they did this they can fiix all the problems that people don’t like and we would get more of what we actually like, the show is called sword art online and we only got 15 episodes of sao. I still love the whole show

Isn’t that literally what the 2 progressive movies are? I mean I know it’s not a full season or anything but still.
Mar 15, 7:45 PM
Oct 2021
Phantom_373 said:
Superninjaboy2 said:

Isn’t that literally what the 2 progressive movies are? I mean I know it’s not a full season or anything but still.

Yes but they are covering new stories which is also needed but I was meaning like re do everything we get kirio and Kleins story more flushed out and we maybe get to see how they meet the info broker artio I think. But yes in a sense but more of like how jojo did it with just a whole new season
Mar 15, 7:48 PM
Aug 2022
Superninjaboy2 said:
Phantom_373 said:

Yes but they are covering new stories which is also needed but I was meaning like re do everything we get kirio and Kleins story more flushed out and we maybe get to see how they meet the info broker artio I think. But yes in a sense but more of like how jojo did it with just a whole new season

Yeah I agree, its honestly what I wanted from Sao to begin with, like don’t get me wrong I like the show a lot.

But I really just want more of Kirito and Asuna trapped in Sao. I mean the shows literally called sword art online yet they escape super quickly.

I really just want more of them in aincrad. So hopefully they do a reboot, or more progressive movies.
Mar 15, 7:53 PM
Oct 2021
Phantom_373 said:
Superninjaboy2 said:

Yeah I agree, its honestly what I wanted from Sao to begin with, like don’t get me wrong I like the show a lot.

But I really just want more of Kirito and Asuna trapped in Sao. I mean the shows literally called sword art online yet they escape super quickly.

I really just want more of them in aincrad. So hopefully they do a reboot, or more progressive movies.

Yes! I agree and don’t get me wrong I LOVED alicization but I want more aincrad not more video games lol
Mar 15, 8:00 PM
May 2021
Nah what this needs is a rewrite
Mar 15, 8:28 PM
Jul 2020
Phantom_373 said:
Superninjaboy2 said:

honestly I only read two and a half of them but I much preferred the progressive light novel series to the movies. I agree that it should be rebooted as a series, they ret conned the purple haired character in for no reason.
Mar 15, 8:34 PM
Oct 2021
Cloughy04 said:
Phantom_373 said:

honestly I only read two and a half of them but I much preferred the progressive light novel series to the movies. I agree that it should be rebooted as a series, they ret conned the purple haired character in for no reason.

Honestly I think Mito (purple hair girl) was a much needed addition I think it has given Asuna more character development I think if the show got a reboot including mito into the main story would work very well and do a lot for the story it would give more characters to show other than just Asuna and kirito the whole time. But… the whole absence of her in the show make 0 since and if your trying to watch the movies with the show it’s gonna be a little weird
Mar 15, 8:35 PM
Oct 2021
Cloughy04 said:
Phantom_373 said:

Also I haven’t read the light novels yet are they a lot further along than the show?
Mar 15, 8:38 PM
Dec 2014
Chainsaw_Derp said:
Nah what this needs is a rewrite

I couldn't agree more. And let it end with them getting out and Kirito and Asuna meeting. Maybe a reunion with everyone at the end.
Mar 15, 8:39 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
No thanks, the show hasn’t even finished yet and you want a reboot?
Mar 15, 8:42 PM
Oct 2021
YagamiLight_1212 said:
No thanks, the show hasn’t even finished yet and you want a reboot?

I wasn’t aware there was more to the story after alicization (I haven’t read the light novels)
Mar 15, 8:47 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Oh, yeah. There’s still more to the story. The next season is going to be Unital Ring, but no news of it has been dropped besides the last episode of Alicization at the very end of the episode.
Mar 15, 8:49 PM
Oct 2021
YagamiLight_1212 said:
Oh, yeah. There’s still more to the story. The next season is going to be Unital Ring, but no news of it has been dropped besides the last episode of Alicization at the very end of the episode.

Ok I mean reboot or not I would love to see just more content honestly I’m going to start reading soon
Mar 15, 8:51 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Reading is your best bet at this point. There is still one more progressive movie to come out that gives more of that story you are looking for about their days in between the floors that was supposed to fix most of people’s problems with the show in the first place, but if you want to know what happens you should definitely read it.
Mar 15, 10:18 PM

Jan 2018
There already is a reboot. It’s called SAO Progressive.

I have no idea why they adapted it in movie form. It should've been a series.
Mar 15, 10:20 PM
Apr 2023
Phantom_373 said:
Superninjaboy2 said:

The problem is that the progressive movies do the same thing; skipping big chunks of the timeline inside sao to progress the plot faster.
Mar 15, 10:21 PM

Mar 2013
I never read SAO Progressive, but based on the premise, it should have been an anime series and not given the Heaven's Feels Treatment. Like, there are 60 fucking floors that have been done before the final confrontation, right? Over two years?

Considering this, just how exactly do you fit that into a series of movies? It doesn't make any god damn sense to me.
PeripheralVisionMar 15, 10:24 PM
Mar 15, 11:35 PM
Aug 2021
Natedog22 said:
Phantom_373 said:

The problem is that the progressive movies do the same thing; skipping big chunks of the timeline inside sao to progress the plot faster.

The actual books are going floor by floor. I have no clue why the studio decided to go from floor 1 to 5.
Mar 16, 12:38 AM
Mar 2024
They shouldn't remake alizication because it's already good, what they should do it's a 2 season show only about aincrad (alternate timeline) with changes, they could also make the show darker and without fan service and with actual character development
Artfxl
Mar 16, 12:39 AM
Oct 2021
artfxl said:
They shouldn't remake alizication because it's already good, what they should do it's a 2 season show only about aincrad (alternate timeline) with changes, they could also make the show darker and without fan service and with actual character development

I agree with the alicization part but idk man I think I’d prefer a reboot of just aincrad but that would be cool too
Mar 16, 12:45 AM

Apr 2021
Superninjaboy2 said:
artfxl said:

I agree with the alicization part but idk man I think I’d prefer a reboot of just aincrad but that would be cool too

Completely out of the question seeing as how Progressive IS a complete reboot of Aincrad, that happens to go floor by floor.

They already burned the bridge of fleshing out everything the way you want them to, by adapting Progressive as movies.

Just go read the Progressive novels- they're quite good.
We'Ve StEpPeD iNtO a WaR wItH tHe CaBaL oN mArS
Mar 16, 12:58 AM
Apr 2023
Phantom_373 said:
Superninjaboy2 said:

The 2 progressive movie are like the serie, literally skip 3 floor. Reading the light novel is 10 times better.
Mar 16, 2:15 AM
Nov 2022
I really personally don’t dig the modern artstyle and the original anime had alot more charm to it. I really don’t want a reboot.
Mar 16, 3:30 AM
Nov 2022
Sao is great as is, it's just mediocre fans don't appreciate it. There hasn't been anything Sao has put out they wasn't good or great.
Mar 16, 5:33 AM
Aug 2023
wasn't there a new movie which was like a reboot for season 1.its not exactly new
Mar 16, 2:26 PM
Aug 2021
Honestly, the Abridged version is just magnitudes better, just watch that instead.
Mar 16, 2:27 PM
Ejさま
Jan 2017
We got a reboot already in the form of movies. 2 parts
Ej사마
Mar 16, 7:20 PM
Jul 2021
An extended first season would be great. I think everything else about the show was done well tho.

Honestly sao couldve probs been like 100 episodes if done well.
Mar 17, 9:03 AM
Jun 2022
era uma proposta incrível, material pra ser um dos melhores animes mas pqp q troço mal executado
Mar 17, 11:56 PM
Oct 2021
bck108 said:
Sao is great as is, it's just mediocre fans don't appreciate it. There hasn't been anything Sao has put out they wasn't good or great.

Trust me I appreciate it I’ve consistently watched it since it aired I just think these progressives aren’t fitting into the story at all and it needs fixed up
Mar 22, 1:12 AM

Oct 2020
Reply to Phantom_373
Superninjaboy2 said:

@Phantom_373 it's a pathetic adaptation. The SAOP volumes r much more detailed. They needed an 86-like treatment.
Unfortunately, it was pathetic n bland.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore?

Hango-Man - 13 minutes ago

0 by Hango-Man »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 7:25 PM

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
Yesterday, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2012

705 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 3:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.