Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 7, 5:14 PM

Feb 2019
I'm watching this currently and I just wondered if anyone had any info or resources regarding this anime's production and production history? This show seems much more inconsistent than other anime of the same time, I went and looked at others airing at similar dates. I know the style is complex but even others with more mature styles like Lady Georgie, Cobra, Votoms had more consistency. And Arale or Tiger Mask by the same studio look pretty good as well. There have even been odd moments in this where you can see the cel. The characters don't seem to have much structure, almost like there wasn't actually a character sheet for them. Their height, hair, faces all change very often. And the background quality and style can vary wildly as well.

I'm really interested in knowing more about the history and behind-the-scenes of this first series. Ftr I am very much enjoying the anime though, I just wanted to know more about the show itself and the people behind it.
No watch list sig cuz "You watch anime in 3 days or 3 months! Such is the proper way!"
Mar 7, 9:14 PM
Oct 2020
I meaaan, it's not like newer animes haven't had similar problems too, just look at attack on titan for the biggest height inconsistency in any anime ever

But I think the height is just to make others look more menacing, like there is a guy who stand just over kenshiro and then in one fight, he was almost as big as a guy like 5 times kenshiro's height

And I am pretty sure they changed quite a bit in character designs from the manga, that could easily be a reason for inconsistent designs

I don't a source but I have seen a lot of people talk about it, also I think the fist of the north star subreddit might be a good place to ask as well, I personally see more active people on reddit for a certain animes than on Mal, but that's just me
Mar 7, 9:39 PM
Oct 2019
You will have hard time finding info on anime made in the 80's especially in Japan. With how closeted their doors are even today for all we got they still have stuff we don't get as per their own business practices. It was a era before internet your best bet would be newspaper of that time and maybe some from here with the localization but it might be just some announcement.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 25 Discussion

naikou - Feb 16, 2009

17 by CreamofDaCrop »»
Mar 25, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 31 Discussion

brucescrews - Feb 24, 2012

9 by 0451 »»
Mar 17, 4:43 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

8GaugeBrett - Nov 20, 2008

53 by mtsRhea »»
Feb 28, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 7 Discussion

brucescrews - Jan 22, 2012

17 by JapanPsychology »»
Feb 8, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Episode 11 Discussion

naikou - Feb 6, 2009

24 by lolware »»
Jan 30, 11:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.