Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Subaru or Emilia, who is better written character?
Subaru
49.8%
Emilia
50.2%
703 votes
Feb 26, 9:59 PM

Feb 2021
Both Emilia and Subaru's characters are intricately crafted with their own strengths and weaknesses, making them essential to the story's development. Their unique perspectives and individual journeys imbue the story with layers of meaning and emotional resonance, captivating audiences with their intricacies and making them integral to the series' allure.
So for me they both are great characters.

What do you think about it buddies?

Suka-7777-SukaMar 3, 6:40 PM
Feb 26, 10:07 PM

Jul 2015
Subaru's developement was absolutely beautiful.

Feb 26, 10:13 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Piromysl
@Piromysl Great choice buddy 👍
Feb 26, 10:26 PM
Dec 2019
Dont wanna vote for either since both were developed great
Feb 26, 10:28 PM
Nov 2023
Subaru. His character development is just insane to watch unlike other Iskai Animes where the protagonist gets strong OP powers and dominance, Subaru is an average person trying to do everything by himself and save everyone by coming back by dying over and over again.
Feb 26, 10:31 PM
Oct 2020
Subaru's character is one of the best, while I just find Emilia annoying (I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but it's the truth), truly well written female characters are not really easy to find tbh, they are all either too gimmicky or plane annoying (I will not go into much detail as not to stray away from the topic)
Feb 26, 10:33 PM
Dec 2021
imo subaru clears. emillia is interesting in her own right dont get me wrong, but we got basicly nothing about her in s1 and s2 wasnt rly her current character developong and more just how she got to where she is. in contrast to that, as a symptom of him being the main character we follow subaru every step of his journey and completely understand how g
he got to where he is, and he is constantly learning and addapting as the show progresses. another factor imo is a weakness of the show brought on by the concept of the show itself. a character other than subaru could grow stronger, but if subaru dies it doesnt matter, they never learnt and never grew, they just have to do it all again.

edit- forgot this initial post didnt necassarily have anything to do with character development and went on a tangent. still stand by my point tho
Feb 26, 11:15 PM
Sep 2021
Piromysl said:

until S2 LMAOOOOO
Feb 26, 11:27 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to CrunchyCrobat
Subaru's character is one of the best, while I just find Emilia annoying (I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but it's the truth), truly well written female characters are not really easy to find tbh, they are all either too gimmicky or plane annoying (I will not go into much detail as not to stray away from the topic)
@CrunchyCrobat buddy no one going to burn you, you just shared your opinion and that is why this forum is created.

But you should try to understand Emilia in a better way, it only I can say to you.
Feb 26, 11:43 PM
Oct 2020
Suka-7777-Suka said:
@CrunchyCrobat buddy no one going to burn you, you just shared your opinion and that is why this forum is created.

But you should try to understand Emilia in a better way, it only I can say to you.

Some people don't understand that, they will kill you if you say anything that doesn't match their's

And it's not like I don't like her, I like Emilia, just find her quite a bit annoying too, but not as annoying as Beatrice, her I do not like at all
Feb 27, 3:37 AM

Apr 2022
Emilia is an amazing deuteroganist, but Subaru is just leagues above everyone else
Feb 27, 4:07 AM

Jul 2017
Emilia in anime atm but its been just 4 arcs so subaru later
Feb 27, 5:08 AM
Nov 2023
They both develop at different speeds due partly to Subaru’s re-living stuff, and Emilia only really gets a push during the Sanctuary story. But her growth is as impressive then as any character in anime. I honestly can’t choose, they both go through a lot, grow well and grow together in a really natural way. I need to re-watch, I’m sure it will be even better when not seen 1 ep a week.
Feb 27, 5:12 AM
Nov 2023
Oh and @crunchycrobat it’s true, your wording wasn’t mean and nobody will attack you here probably but don’t try expressing an opinion in a Solo Levelling thread, the fanboys there are animals!
Feb 27, 5:15 AM
Oct 2020
FutoiOtaku said:
Oh and @crunchycrobat it’s true, your wording wasn’t mean and nobody will attack you here probably but don’t try expressing an opinion in a Solo Levelling thread, the fanboys there are animals!

Isn't that true for most Fandoms nowadays, it's not easy to find ones that are chill
Feb 27, 5:55 AM
Nov 2020
lFrogs said:
Piromysl said:

until S2 LMAOOOOO

I disagree he gets the most character development in season two. He’s similar to Araragi.
Feb 27, 8:17 AM
Mar 2023
For me, Subaru is one of the most realistic and kindest main characters, the way he acts, everything he sacrifices and not wanting anything in return, I love the if's stories too, how would he become if he was consumed by greed, wrath. Such a great character and anime
Feb 27, 12:55 PM
Sep 2023
Emilia's back story in the second movie was incredible but I still voted for Subaru.
Feb 27, 2:07 PM
Jun 2020
AnimeChad723 said:
Subaru. His character development is just insane to watch unlike other Iskai Animes where the protagonist gets strong OP powers and dominance, Subaru is an average person trying to do everything by himself and save everyone by coming back by dying over and over again.

I get your point. but if he did "everything he could", he wouldn't have remained so pathetic physically. I get it that he went from absolutely detestable to decent which I guess was a big jump from his starting point, but I just can't justify calling a decent character great because he was that bad to begin with and now is just OK. Dude didn't have to be OP, but bitching about being weak doesn't help, he could have actually trained with some conviction
Feb 27, 3:31 PM
Jul 2023
Subaru, definetly.
Feb 28, 7:43 AM
Jan 2022
lFrogs said:
Piromysl said:

until S2 LMAOOOOO

Season 2 is literally Where most of Subaru's developement came from Lmaoo, Season 1 is where alot of people didn't like him because of his Flaws, i don't have a clue what you're trying to say
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Feb 2021
OH Goddd, after a week what I am seeing!
This result is unbelievable.
😐
Mar 5, 7:08 PM

Feb 2021
No one won, it's draw..

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

34 by Okeanix »»
9 hours ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.