Forum Settings
Forums
BAKEMONOGATARI
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 11, 12:27 PM
Mar 2023
Hiya!

I'm planning to dive into this series and I just wanna know if I can start reading it with this version or do I need some other knowledge before this?
I know light novels exists but I'm not really a fan of novels so I would like to know this this is a good adaptation aswell. :)
Feb 11, 7:37 PM
Mar 2019
the manga follows the same story as the greater series. It’s basically a straight adaptation of the LN, including how wordy it can be that the anime cuts down slightly for time. It hasn’t finished yet, but if you want to pick up the anime or LN where the manga leaves off it won’t be too difficult to adjust to whichever you choose.
Feb 17, 9:45 PM
Feb 2020
Personally I recommend starting with the anime as its a beautiful adaption and probably one of the best light novel adaptations a series has got with using the most creative methods available to them. That's not to discredit the art for the manga though cause it's great to look at. From what I've gathered is that this doesn't fully adapt the main series but if you're short on time then this can be a ok alternative as it give you the bare bones story and gets rid of some of the long witty dialogue present in both the light novel and anime.

More topics from this board

» Does this have an original ending.

m_ridley_ - Mar 23

1 by Ri-iel »»
Mar 23, 11:31 PM

» How is this compared to the novels?

5hyguy - Jan 13

1 by Kittycat_Neill »»
Jan 31, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Chapter 193 Discussion

Stacias - Jul 9, 2023

8 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jan 11, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Chapter 191 Discussion

Stacias - Jul 9, 2023

2 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Dec 28, 2023 3:56 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Chapter 187 Discussion

Stacias - Jul 9, 2023

2 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Dec 28, 2023 3:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.