Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 5, 11:31 AM

Jun 2021
Why did Hei suddenly become too caring towards Yin? And why did Yin even show affection to Hei?
They were like complete strangers in the first season, they didn't even talk much. As the first season showed us, they were just accomplices and nothing more. In these four episodes, however, it seems they're out of character, out of nowhere, longing for each other.
Have I misinterpreted their relationship in the first season, or does everyone feel the same as me?
Not going to lie, though, I like romance in any type of media, and without a romance, it feels hollow, and damn, they suit each other perfectly too, but I'm still confused.
Remember what Master Oogway told us:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Feb 6, 12:45 AM

Feb 2021
Bard_Eren said:
Why did Hei suddenly become too caring towards Yin? And why did Yin even show affection to Hei?
They were like complete strangers in the first season, they didn't even talk much. As the first season showed us, they were just accomplices and nothing more. In these four episodes, however, it seems they're out of character, out of nowhere, longing for each other.
Have I misinterpreted their relationship in the first season, or does everyone feel the same as me?
Not going to lie, though, I like romance in any type of media, and without a romance, it feels hollow, and damn, they suit each other perfectly too, but I'm still confused.

It has been a while since i watched DTB. Correct me, if i am wrong but I think Yin and Hei always had chemistry. As the anime progressed and Hei lost more and more precious people to him - his sister, the other girl who was precious to him and just got clipped in a single episode, etc - Hei just wanted to get away with Yin - the last person who knew him, cared about him.
Feb 6, 1:18 AM

Jun 2021
@DeadZer0ne

I guess that's the most plausible reasoning one can come up with. Still, they didn't even spend much screentime together in the first season, and all of a sudden they had feelings for each other in the next seasons??? There wasn't enough build up.
I'm not trying to be negative about it, but it's one of the most forced relationships I've seen in a while.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Feb 6, 1:37 AM

Jan 2024
This was made after season 2 and it serves as a prequel so they needed to explain the events that occurred there. Season 2 itself was a mess so this is no different.
Feb 6, 1:50 AM

Jun 2021
@senaen
Funnily enough, I'm enjoying the 2nd season more than the 1st season, and I enjoyed the OVAs too.
Even so, they should've done a much better job portraying the relationship between Hei and Yin in the 1st season if they were planning to expand on it in the next season.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

maji_saikou - Jul 21, 2010

186 by YankataY »»
Feb 6, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

chocolaetmaelk - May 26, 2010

146 by YankataY »»
Feb 6, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 24, 2010

175 by YankataY »»
Feb 5, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Shiro-cat - Jan 26, 2010

226 by YankataY »»
Feb 5, 6:29 AM

» Why is she emotionless

elChina - May 3, 2013

5 by EmperorThor »»
Jan 22, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.