Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 1, 3:50 PM

Oct 2014
I made a post about the current state of World Trigger in 2021 talking about how useless this current test arc is. I just realized it is 2024 and we are still far from done with it.

This is not even manga anymore. If I submitted a story that follows the structure of this arc in a publisher such as SJ along with top notch art I can guarantee you I would 100% be turned down.

I really like World Trigger. I love World Trigger. I truly wish Ashihara-sensei stays healthy and lives a happy life for many many years. But this is not it, man.

I am in an utter state of despair.
why
Feb 1, 5:29 PM
Jun 2021
Magical_Bananana said:
I made a post about the current state of World Trigger in 2021 talking about how useless this current test arc is. I just realized it is 2024 and we are still far from done with it.

This is not even manga anymore. If I submitted a story that follows the structure of this arc in a publisher such as SJ along with top notch art I can guarantee you I would 100% be turned down.

I really like World Trigger. I love World Trigger. I truly wish Ashihara-sensei stays healthy and lives a happy life for many many years. But this is not it, man.

I was never really a huge fan of Wt ( at the end of Large-scale invasion arc it was like a 6, and then end of b rank wars it dropped lower to a 4.5 đź’€) but these last 40 chapters have been some of the most mind numbingly boring piece of fiction I have seen. It’s completely sapped any and all of the small amount of enjoyment I still had for this series. It’s just use watching them take tests and then play a computer game of the fights they were doing irl anyways. It’s just painfully boring and uninteresting, especially since so many of the characters kinda just meld together and don’t feel that established. Truly the worst ongoing arc in manga I’m currently reading 1.5
Feb 2, 1:28 AM

Oct 2014
Reply to SparCy
Magical_Bananana said:

I was never really a huge fan of Wt ( at the end of Large-scale invasion arc it was like a 6, and then end of b rank wars it dropped lower to a 4.5 đź’€) but these last 40 chapters have been some of the most mind numbingly boring piece of fiction I have seen. It’s completely sapped any and all of the small amount of enjoyment I still had for this series. It’s just use watching them take tests and then play a computer game of the fights they were doing irl anyways. It’s just painfully boring and uninteresting, especially since so many of the characters kinda just meld together and don’t feel that established. Truly the worst ongoing arc in manga I’m currently reading 1.5
@SparCy Dare I say, possibly the worst arc in a manga ever. No matter how bad a manga could be, something is always happening which is not the case for this arc
why
Feb 2, 3:52 AM
Jan 2023
This Arc helps establish and expand on new and old characters. It helps introduce plot points, which will likely be crucial for the future (like the relationship dynamics or trion soldiers) and is overall a training Arc, which is important as to highlight the strength of some characters. I can understand that this Arc is going on for a long time and you might be annoyed by it but it is by no accounts a bad Arc. It is just different from regular Shounen, which you can't seem to comprehend. If you don't like because of how slow it is then drop it. It is as easy as that
Feb 2, 3:58 AM

Oct 2014
Reply to JannisT
This Arc helps establish and expand on new and old characters. It helps introduce plot points, which will likely be crucial for the future (like the relationship dynamics or trion soldiers) and is overall a training Arc, which is important as to highlight the strength of some characters. I can understand that this Arc is going on for a long time and you might be annoyed by it but it is by no accounts a bad Arc. It is just different from regular Shounen, which you can't seem to comprehend. If you don't like because of how slow it is then drop it. It is as easy as that
@JannisT You have to understand that I'm not despairing because of what this arc is. I am despairing because it has been 3 years and possibly 3 more years to finish an arc that should not take that long. So many legendary manga have done exactly what you are saying this arc does in so much less time. With a monthly schedule an arc like this literally killed all momentum this series had.

In terms of plot points, in the three years that this arc has been going on for, it has introduced literally 1 (ONE) singular plot point that is actually important to the overarching story.

I will not drop World Trigger because I really want to see the away mission. This is ,after all, what the story has been building up to for the longest time. This is just not the way to do it. It's ok if you disagree, but this is not manga anymore. It's a light novel with extra imagery.
why
Feb 2, 4:03 AM
Jan 2023
Magical_Bananana said:
@JannisT You have to understand that I'm not despairing because of what this arc is. I am despairing because it has been 3 years and possibly 3 more years to finish an arc that should not take that long. So many legendary manga have done exactly what you are saying this arc does in so much less time. With a monthly schedule an arc like this literally killed all momentum this series had.

In terms of plot points, in the three years that this arc has been going on for, it has introduced literally 1 (ONE) singular plot point that is actually important to the overarching story.

I will not drop World Trigger because I really want to see the away mission. This is ,after all, what the story has been building up to for the longest time. This is just not the way to do it. It's ok if you disagree, but this is not manga anymore. It's a light novel with extra imagery.

Okay, thank you for clarifying.
I do have to agree with you that this Arc is going on for a long time. It makes me wonder if the author will ever get to finish his series, judging that WT could continue for more than 20 years, depending on the current schedule and chapter count. Although I am more concerned of the author rushing things so I am pleased that he decided to take it slow and focus on his health. There's still the hope that somewhen, WT could revert back to a biweekly or weekly schedule but currently, it doesn't seem like it.
Feb 2, 5:01 PM
Mar 2019
me waiting for the away mission since 8 years
Feb 8, 5:31 AM

Oct 2014
Reply to Synchrohayba
me waiting for the away mission since 8 years
@Synchrohayba I understand your pain. Me too
why

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 239 Discussion

MegamiRem - Feb 1

14 by StregAnna77 »»
Mar 26, 8:54 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 240 Discussion

anime-prime - Mar 3

2 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 6, 3:54 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 238 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 3, 2023

5 by StregAnna77 »»
Nov 23, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 237 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 3, 2023

3 by ricksed »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:18 AM

» What do you think of the current state of the World Trigger manga?

Magical_Bananana - Dec 6, 2021

11 by LemonOrigins »»
Sep 19, 2023 8:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.