Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 29, 3:27 AM

Mar 2021
I'm watching date a live because I've run out of stuff to watch. Although I've heard plenty of criticisms of this show, the first 2 episodes have been really enjoyable so far.

So my question is, is this show like ricorico, which had a good start but started its descent down the toilet once the main plot begins? Those of you that liked the show's humor and premise, is the plot resolved satisfactorily or did the ending feel like a ruined org@sm the way ricorico did (the happy ending really felt unearned)?
weeaboo5008Jan 29, 3:48 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 29, 3:34 AM
Jan 2022
Bro said "cartoon" 💀
Jan 29, 3:37 AM
Jan 2022
And...the anime isn't finished yet. There r currently 4 seasons.

(just watch the first season, it's gonna be same for the rest of seasons except s4 ig)
Jan 29, 3:39 AM
Jun 2021
S1 is enjoyable but the rest become a bit boring due to the same stuff happening over and over again. plus the anime has had 4 different studios for 4 seasons so you you'd probably feel attached to the s1 animation and end up not liking s2 and s3(but s4 animation style was absolutely beautiful)
Jan 29, 3:40 AM
Aug 2022
Cartoon༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ
Jan 29, 3:50 AM
Feb 2021
i personaly enjoyed this show and wait for a a long ass time for season 3 i mean 5 years is no joke lol i waited till i was 19 for a season 3 lol and then 3 years later (and a movie in between) i got a season 4 with a confirmed season 5 and let me tell u man, in my opinion it was worth the wait, altho i cant say i am happy with the animation changes the new style iant my thing but i am jist greatfull i got more of this qnd i highly recommend it.

i think that this show is very enjoyable to watch and again i highly recommend it.
Jan 29, 3:51 AM
Jul 2018
we do a lil trolling
Jan 29, 3:52 AM
Jul 2021
weeaboo5008 said:
I'm watching date a live because I've run out of stuff to watch. Although I've heard plenty of criticisms of this show, the first 2 episodes have been really enjoyable so far.

So my question is, is this show like ricorico, which had a good start but started its descent down the toilet once the main plot begins? Those of you that liked the show's humor and premise, is the plot resolved satisfactorily or did the ending feel like a ruined org@sm the way ricorico did (the happy ending really felt unearned)?

dawg you lost me at "cartoon" 🙂😭😭😭
Jan 29, 3:53 AM
Jul 2022
I would recommend you to continue watching the show and decide for yourself.
Jan 29, 4:01 AM
Jan 2021
Disclaimer9 said:
Bro said "cartoon" 💀

I physically recoiled hearing that word on this app/website
Jan 29, 4:02 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to probjodye
I would recommend you to continue watching the show and decide for yourself.
@probjodye well if it's going to be like a typical battle shounen with a shitload of asspulls and plot armor then I prefer to watch something else.

For reference I hated all the main arcs in toaru (the only thing that made it enjoyable was the slice of life episodes).

I'm not a big fan of harem but can tolerate it if the story is good.
Jan 29, 4:03 AM
Jul 2021
Dellio_man said:
Disclaimer9 said:
Bro said "cartoon" 💀

I physically recoiled hearing that word on this app/website

this guy watched anime on nickelodeon bruh
Jan 29, 4:03 AM
Jan 2021
but it's jusr an enjoyable anime don't think there's gonna be any over arching mindblowing plots. Simply put date a live does a few things and they do it insanely well imo.
Jan 29, 4:10 AM
Jan 2021
weeaboo5008 said:
@probjodye well if it's going to be like a typical battle shounen with a shitload of asspulls and plot armor then I prefer to watch something else.

For reference I hated all the main arcs in toaru (the only thing that made it enjoyable was the slice of life episodes).

WAIT BC WHY IS THAT BASED LMAO. But yea no definitely not a battle shounen
Jan 29, 4:16 AM
Dec 2021
weeaboo5008 said:

BRUH, DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A SHOGUN TO YOU!?
Jan 29, 4:18 AM
Dec 2021
Dellio_man said:
weeaboo5008 said:

WAIT BC WHY IS THAT BASED LMAO. But yea no definitely not a battle shounen

Someone's just overthinking
Jan 29, 4:22 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to Bijou146
weeaboo5008 said:

BRUH, DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A SHOGUN TO YOU!?
@Bijou146 well neither did ricorico but that one had so many damn asspulls, I can count at least 5 times chisato would have been dead meat if not for something happening with perfect timing or her friend somehow telepathically knowing where she is, and showing up right when she was milliseconds from getting killed and saving the day.

IMO it's fine for a character to be OP, but if the cartoon clearly shows them to be weaker against an opponent and the fight close to being lost, then they better actually die. Also if a character makes a dangerous decision for their ideals, that is fine but they should face consequences that are realistic given the show's universe, no letting them getting off scotch free just because they are the "good guys".
Jan 29, 4:32 AM
Oct 2021
Based on what you called it. Yes it will.
Jan 29, 4:40 AM
Aug 2021
Of course weebs are getting mad that you called the cartoon a cartoon
Jan 29, 5:15 AM
Nov 2021
I don't know about ricorico, but this cartoon is pretty good. You should atleast watch the first season.
Jan 29, 5:49 AM
Mar 2022
Bruh get the fuck outta here... cartoon bullshit!
Jan 29, 6:07 AM
Jul 2020
Licha30 said:
Based on what you called it. Yes it will.

that's the joke...
Jan 29, 6:33 AM
Dec 2022
you new or something if yes then it's anime and
if you have watched some anime and still call it cartoon then get the hell out of here
you little piece of sht
Jan 29, 6:40 AM
Aug 2021
i think that is a very good show
Jan 29, 6:41 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Just don't take this cartoon seriously and try to have fun watching it and you should be having fun :)

Date a live is one of the cartoons ever made after all

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 29, 6:59 AM

Sep 2016

Sincerely yours, the average gatekeeping butthurt weeb.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jan 29, 6:59 AM

Feb 2016
I like the entire 1st season, but the following seasons are not as good.
その目だれの目?
Jan 29, 7:09 AM
Jul 2022
who tf said cartoon
Jan 29, 7:10 AM
Jul 2022
bro choose violence
Jan 29, 7:15 AM

Jul 2022
ITZ_SAMIR said:
bro choose violence

Yep, he is a menace to weeb society...

Jan 29, 7:24 AM
Apr 2021
lol
troll?

this
"cahrrtooun" 🧐🤌
Jan 29, 7:28 AM
Nov 2023
Internal screaming from seeing the word “cartoon”….. 😩
Jan 29, 7:31 AM
Feb 2020
Anime is anime that is all 😂
Jan 29, 8:33 AM
Feb 2023
I enjoyed it. It's ts pretty good
Jan 29, 8:43 AM
Nov 2019
weeaboo5008 said:
@Bijou146 well neither did ricorico but that one had so many damn asspulls, I can count at least 5 times chisato would have been dead meat if not for something happening with perfect timing or her friend somehow telepathically knowing where she is, and showing up right when she was milliseconds from getting killed and saving the day.

IMO it's fine for a character to be OP, but if the cartoon clearly shows them to be weaker against an opponent and the fight close to being lost, then they better actually die. Also if a character makes a dangerous decision for their ideals, that is fine but they should face consequences that are realistic given the show's universe, no letting them getting off scotch free just because they are the "good guys".

No. Characters who more rely on battle power lose to more powerful enemies. They simply wouldn’t win in a 1vs1 fight. Also the MC doesn’t win by overpowering his enemies, he has something better.
Jan 29, 9:24 AM
Nov 2022
CARTOON?!!!!!!!
Jan 29, 9:48 AM

Jul 2022
Pro200315 said:
CARTOON?!!!!!!!

カーチューン

Jan 29, 9:49 AM

Jan 2024
It is a parody of Evangelion, and dating sims.
Jan 29, 11:10 AM
Apr 2023
Disclaimer9 said:
Bro said "cartoon" 💀

i just thought the same💀
Jan 29, 12:19 PM
Jul 2022
weeaboo5008 said:

It’s good and keep a nice pace imo the season revolve around different characters each time for the focus yes the old cast stays but the enjoyability depends on that I enjoy season 1 and 3 a lot due to the characters they revolve around since they constantly expand the cast and the girls the story overall is good that’s my thoughts on the matter
Jan 29, 12:47 PM
Feb 2021
Anime is not cartoon...
Ok, now listen here you little shit. I don't know who even are you but I will have you know anime is not cartoon. How the fuck can you call anime cartoon? Cartoons are specifically made for children while anime is for all ages and some of them are specifically made for adults. So you can't call anime cartoon, okay? Call anime cartoon again and I will murder you with a chainsaw.
Jan 29, 12:48 PM
Aug 2021
It's called "Anime".
U wanna watch some cartoon then watch Tome & Jerry, Rick and Morty, Family Guy...etc.
Jan 29, 12:55 PM

Mar 2019
This is my new favorite thread on this website.
Jan 29, 1:55 PM
Nov 2021
S1-S3 + the movie is the same shit. Not worth it imo but you can watch whatever you want ofc
Jan 29, 2:55 PM
Feb 2020
weeaboo5008 said:

Bruh you read Toaru before you watch the anime, you lose so much of not only the charcters and the plot, but also the battles in the anime.
Jan 29, 7:36 PM
Jan 2022
did this person really posted the Caption cartoon tf this is anime
Jan 29, 11:07 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Runescape42
Anime is not cartoon...
Ok, now listen here you little shit. I don't know who even are you but I will have you know anime is not cartoon. How the fuck can you call anime cartoon? Cartoons are specifically made for children while anime is for all ages and some of them are specifically made for adults. So you can't call anime cartoon, okay? Call anime cartoon again and I will murder you with a chainsaw.
@Runescape42 I don't understand... everyone on this weebsite call it cartoon....

Jan 30, 12:25 AM
Dec 2021
cartoon (⁠╯⁠°⁠□⁠°⁠)⁠╯⁠︵⁠ ⁠┻⁠━⁠┻
Jan 30, 6:19 PM

Apr 2015
I'd say it's worth watching, S1 is more laid back with romcom, and the later seasons are too, but those get quite a bit deeper in the story and plot. There are some fights and even some gore, but no one character is OP and unbeatable.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jan 31, 4:21 AM
Apr 2014
This thread is hilarious.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

322 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

190 by Hououin_Kyouma32 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

3 by IceCreamScene »»
Apr 21, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

284 by lordben69 »»
Apr 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.