Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 12, 4:41 AM
Sep 2022
If KyoAni can't make a season 2 then I think science saru have the talent to do it
They are such a creative studio with many passinate people
Jan 12, 5:29 AM
Jan 2024
I really want KA to animate again this anime, but I doubt if they Will, so if any studio announces a second season of this, Im equally satisfied with that.
Jan 12, 5:49 AM
Jun 2021
i agree, science saru’s recurring simple artstyle and fluid animation fits nichijou. but i would be happy with a lot of different studios if it means we get a season 2
we're connected by the black thread of fate, after all
Jan 12, 8:20 AM
Jan 2015
It would be nice to see just to have more gags with animation, but there is no way anybody will do a better job than KyoAni.

One very important thing to remember is that they produced this anime with everything they had, fully believing they'd go bankrupt after it was finished. The success the anime achieved as the result of the astounding efforts of the animators resulted in them continuing on as a studio, but their later shows looked noticeably lower budget, save for a few exceptions such as the bigger scenes in Chuunibyou and Dragon Maid.

But Nichijou was a last stand situation for them, more or less. On par with why Fire Emblem Awakening was dramatically better than everything after it since it was Intelligent Systems throwing in all their cards to make an incredible game, thinking Fire Emblem was going to end. Even Nintendo helped on the development side, where they usually publish rather than make it. Likewise, KyoAni threw absolutely everything at it, genuinely being astounding that it even got double the standard anime run in episodes with its level of animation and writing.

Any other studio would treat Nichijou as "another anime down the list" so it would have noticeably weaker animation, love and effort. And Nichijou's composer put in a ton of commitment with the soundtrack, so hearing new music would be very difficult to adjust to as well, let alone the director. I would settle on a new studio only if the same director and composer follow suit.

If KonoSuba could get Kanasaki back, I see no reason why Nichijou can't have Ishihara return. If they had a high budget studio with the right talent, I could see it coming close to the effort KyoAni made. Certainly not rival it, but for sure be next to it.
Jan 12, 11:58 AM
Jan 2024
Notshane said:
It would be nice to see just to have more gags with animation, but there is no way anybody will do a better job than KyoAni.

One very important thing to remember is that they produced this anime with everything they had, fully believing they'd go bankrupt after it was finished. The success the anime achieved as the result of the astounding efforts of the animators resulted in them continuing on as a studio, but their later shows looked noticeably lower budget, save for a few exceptions such as the bigger scenes in Chuunibyou and Dragon Maid.

But Nichijou was a last stand situation for them, more or less. On par with why Fire Emblem Awakening was dramatically better than everything after it since it was Intelligent Systems throwing in all their cards to make an incredible game, thinking Fire Emblem was going to end. Even Nintendo helped on the development side, where they usually publish rather than make it. Likewise, KyoAni threw absolutely everything at it, genuinely being astounding that it even got double the standard anime run in episodes with its level of animation and writing.

Any other studio would treat Nichijou as "another anime down the list" so it would have noticeably weaker animation, love and effort. And Nichijou's composer put in a ton of commitment with the soundtrack, so hearing new music would be very difficult to adjust to as well, let alone the director. I would settle on a new studio only if the same director and composer follow suit.

If KonoSuba could get Kanasaki back, I see no reason why Nichijou can't have Ishihara return. If they had a high budget studio with the right talent, I could see it coming close to the effort KyoAni made. Certainly not rival it, but for sure be next to it.

yes, you're right
Jan 13, 12:20 AM
Jul 2023
why doesn't kyoto animation want to animate season 2?
Jan 13, 10:47 PM
Nov 2020
Nah have Mappa animate it
Jan 14, 10:47 PM
Jan 2022
Vradeus said:
Nah have Mappa animate it

Ahhh, yes. Mappa having there workers work long hours to make an anime about girls doing stupid things.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shuncchi - Apr 23, 2011

152 by Barrybee1234 »»
Apr 7, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Sep 24, 2011

257 by BeastlyFalcon »»
Apr 5, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 9, 2011

197 by LoboDoido08 »»
Apr 1, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Apr 2, 2011

285 by LoboDoido08 »»
Apr 1, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jun 25, 2011

131 by NintendoGirl85 »»
Mar 29, 10:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.