Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 31, 2010 11:52 PM
May 2010
A little while back, when I was out at Goodwill with a friend, I came across a peculiar item. Tarot cards. Unique ones apparently as there is no manufacturer listed on the booklet, case, or anything for that matter. I am thinking that this may be a prototype. It would take far too much time to upload the entire series, so I will just show you an image of a part of the deck.

If you have seen these anywhere or know where these are from, I would appreciate any leads in evaluating their worth. This is a tarot set titled D.N.Angel from the television series. I was under the assumption that these tarot cards were home made...however, the case is professionally made and has an emblem on it that says "Tarot Just For You" inside of a spell seal. I have done much research on it to no avail. The closest that I have come was questions to the existence of such a deck.

Anyway...these cards are in Japanese and I can not translate them. However, a portion of the book is in English telling me what each card represents. There are 77 Cards in the deck. 16 of which have no names or any meaning to them. I would greatly appreciate your assistance in helping solve this mystery. It's been bugging me for weeks now. Lol

Here's the picture:

As you can see...the image is slightly blurry as the cards are glazed and my digital camera sucks. Lol Thanks in advance to whomever helps me solve this mystery!
Jun 24, 2010 10:31 AM
Jun 2010
Hi, This is my boyfriend's favorite anime and he's really into tarot reading. Plus he took Japanese when he was an undergrad in college so he'd be able to read the cards. A few years ago I saw one deck on Ebay for $20 and some anime website had it for $8.99 because the box had some damage. I did not purchase then because I wanted a nice box to give as a gift, but since then nothing has been posted. The show came out about a decade ago so it seems they are not making new related merchandise. Are you willing to sell it? If so, I'd like to buy it. Please let me know how much you would like.
Thanks!
Jun 27, 2021 6:20 PM
Dec 2017
If i ever found them irl, it would be really fucking epic to have.

Aug 7, 2021 11:14 AM
Jul 2020
Real-life Risa Harada here.

I´m waiting for the tarot for 5 years already. I hope someone will be selling them again.

Feb 25, 2023 10:05 AM
Jul 2020
According to the box (I used Google translator) they were manifacured by Kodokawa and relised by Takara as limited. The price was 1280 Yen. They were sold in July 2003. 36 cards are in the set. 

The box containes both cards used by Risa in the anime and cards with DN Angel characters on them. You can also get holografic cards or mirror cards. 

You could also buy a blind bag for 300 Yen. 7 cards were included. 

More info: 

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/1791950

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68A-6RW-OYU  

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.N.Angel Episode 2 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 11, 2009

14 by Daviljoe193 »»
Sep 27, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » D.N.Angel Episode 1 Discussion

nehnehneji - Jul 5, 2008

20 by Daviljoe193 »»
Sep 27, 2023 2:35 PM

Poll: » D.N.Angel Episode 12 Discussion

Fariago - Jun 24, 2011

6 by Teirayo »»
Oct 27, 2022 6:36 PM

Poll: » D.N.Angel Episode 26 Discussion

nehnehneji - Jul 14, 2008

41 by nomad8 »»
Jul 28, 2022 1:33 AM

Poll: » D.N.Angel Episode 25 Discussion

AllenVonStein - Jan 5, 2015

2 by nomad8 »»
Jul 28, 2022 12:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.