Forum Settings
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 17, 2023 9:59 AM

Sep 2020
After a recent screening of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, an after credit scene told fans to pay close attention to the series official website for an announcement.

I’m guessing it’s a slim chance for a continuation since Kyoto are busy with Hibiki 3 and Aya Hirano is still not liked by a very vocal audience in Japan. However, I’m still hoping for a continuation or maybe even a remake.

Source: https://x.com/mangamogurare/status/1736442495595159856?s=46&t=qypRlc3aYixql0uGFrdzNA
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2023 10:12 AM

May 2010
Very interesting! I don't know if it'll be anime-related or novel-related, but I'm definitely curious!
Dec 17, 2023 10:13 AM
Jul 2023
I’m excited for anything they decide to do.
Dec 17, 2023 10:17 AM

Aug 2020
why is Aya Hirano disliked by Japanese neets?
Dec 17, 2023 10:27 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to JeTeL
why is Aya Hirano disliked by Japanese neets?
@JeTeL Because she said she hates Otakus and she also did the devils tango with her band mates (who were all single).

She recently has had a lot more popularity though, with new voice roles and she also played Makima in the Chainsaw Man Live Play thingy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2023 10:29 AM
Nov 2023
Yuri_Niji said:
@JeTeL Because she said she hates Otakus and she also did the devils tango with her band mates (who were all single).

She recently has had a lot more popularity though, with new voice roles and she also played Makima in the Chainsaw Man Live Play thingy

She didn’t get horizontal with the bassist, failed to get the full set of stamps 😂
Dec 17, 2023 10:32 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to FutoiOtaku
Yuri_Niji said:

She didn’t get horizontal with the bassist, failed to get the full set of stamps 😂
@FutoiOtaku Ah, she didn’t get the true ending to 100% the game. My bad… 😂
Dec 17, 2023 10:51 AM
Dec 2007
Well, as for Hirano she's already come out and said she'd re do haruhi and still does the occasional anime roll. Most recent was Akiba Maid War and she played herself in another anime.

Also, she just did a Haruhi event recently so it's not impossible.

Timing wise, it also wouldn't be impossible for KyoAni to take on a Haruhi project since I think k they've only got 2 named projects in the works; Hibiki (which will be done this year) and 20th Centry Electric Catalog.

Pre-fire, they would typically have 2 or 3 projects release a year and their output does seem to be normalizing.

That said....don't get my hopes up D:

More likely, it'll probably be the announced release date for the new novel which shpuld be coming out next year
GGcc78Dec 17, 2023 10:55 AM
Dec 17, 2023 10:54 AM

Aug 2020
Yuri_Niji said:

Oh that's her! I've heard about the band thing that was funny
Dec 17, 2023 10:58 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to GGcc78
Well, as for Hirano she's already come out and said she'd re do haruhi and still does the occasional anime roll. Most recent was Akiba Maid War and she played herself in another anime.

Also, she just did a Haruhi event recently so it's not impossible.

Timing wise, it also wouldn't be impossible for KyoAni to take on a Haruhi project since I think k they've only got 2 named projects in the works; Hibiki (which will be done this year) and 20th Centry Electric Catalog.

Pre-fire, they would typically have 2 or 3 projects release a year and their output does seem to be normalizing.

That said....don't get my hopes up D:

More likely, it'll probably be the announced release date for the new novel which shpuld be coming out next year
@GGcc78 I’m hoping it’s an anime too. I saw pictures of the Haruhi cast at Kyofest this year and I know that Hirano and Tomokazu are still good friends, If they do another Haruhi project, the original cast would be down to do it.

I don’t think the announcement would be something to do with the Light Novels as most people watching the movie most likely are not the source readers and are just people going for nostalgia.

It could be a new figure, but that’s kind of scummy go to that. “You paid a price to see this movie, now buy this $200 Haruhi figure”

I’m not getting my hopes up though.

Haruhi would be an amazing comeback anime for Kyoto Animations though
Dec 17, 2023 11:43 AM
Dec 2016
I’ll take anything at this point.
Dec 17, 2023 1:03 PM

May 2020
don't.....don't give me hope

Dec 17, 2023 2:04 PM

Aug 2020
I'm very excited to see a 5 minutes special of this series and THEN a big release like Hibike Euphonium and Hyouka awaited ones.

Dec 17, 2023 4:31 PM
Feb 2021
What a fun thing to see as I’m starting my yearly Disappearance rewatch. Hopefully this is something anime continuation related but if not I was planning to read the novels eventually anyways.
Dec 17, 2023 6:57 PM

Jan 2020
Shaking and cryig rn, KyoAni please do it. I'm begging you.

Dec 18, 2023 10:14 AM
Sep 2021
There IS a new volume of the Haruhi novels coming out soon, so perhaps they're tying into that, considering that that new volume is a Haruhi isekai story and thus could be adapted completely seperately from a larger season. That's quite a slim chance, though. They can't do many more not-quite Haruhi S3s before people hate them for it.
Dec 30, 2023 6:26 PM

May 2020
Well, I would like to add a comment here saying that it's neither a new anime project or something related to the light novel. It's a "Lucky Star collab event" or something like that. It was a cool announcement they added at the end of the movie, but it had nothing to do with the anime

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Feb 12, 2:35 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Yuri_Niji

@Yuri_Niji She literally voice act a character whose an Otaku. Lmao 😂
Feb 12, 2:51 AM

Sep 2016
Yuri_Niji said:
Aya Hirano is still not liked by a very vocal audience in Japan

because she had a reverse harem IRL ? hahaha i just started to like that woman ...
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Feb 5, 2010

1000 by MorphoX »»
Mar 8, 6:34 AM

» Kyon's decision (spoilers)

NDskies - Sep 19, 2023

17 by honyax »»
Feb 25, 1:41 AM

» Wow that was a great movie!

Zoopiez - Jun 28, 2022

18 by anizawa89 »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:11 PM

» This movie is Amazing

randomuser47 - Feb 26, 2023

19 by Recprocate »»
Sep 24, 2023 3:17 AM

» Ending … [spoilers ahead]

nomnomnori - Mar 3, 2019

8 by User-Name »»
Jun 7, 2023 4:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.