Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 16, 2023 12:04 AM
Nov 2023
Hey everyone,
Don't you think that this movie is not that much sad because it does not even matched with my expectations when i started it i was thinking that this is going to be much sad but it destroyed all my expectation its a good movie but if you think after watching this you will cry than you are totally wrong....I was literally too tired to react on the saddest part of the movie....Please describe about your experience about this movie whether this made you sad or your situation was same like that i mentioned above..
Nov 16, 2023 12:12 AM
Feb 2021
I got really sad at the end but couldn’t cry where else i cried badly at the end of i want to eat your pancreas, so yes grave of the fireflies is definitely not the saddest thing i have ever watched
Nov 16, 2023 12:12 AM
Sep 2021
silly thread, I think the reason you didn't resonate with the movie is because you don't find value in the method of story telling that the director used.

using your lack of empathy, you make objective statements, making YOU the one who's wrong
Nov 16, 2023 12:25 AM
Oct 2020
I didn't feel anything watching the movie tbh, it really wasn't for me, and the fact I absolutely hate children might have also been a reason I didn't feel anything
Nov 16, 2023 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
lFrogs said:
silly thread, I think the reason you didn't resonate with the movie is because you don't find value in the method of story telling that the director used.

using your lack of empathy, you make objective statements, making YOU the one who's wrong

Yes, you are absolutely right. He didn't have those balls to understand a story.
waste of time for us.
removed-userNov 16, 2023 1:55 AM
Nov 16, 2023 3:08 AM
Oct 2020
it's the reality of the world
Nov 16, 2023 3:51 AM
Nov 2020
I thought I would really like this movie, considering I like sad stories/tv series when done right, but the fact that this was all brought about by just the refusal of the boy to get help/ help out his aunt or apologize ect just made me kinda not care. I get children can be like that in real life, but I could not get over it personally, so it tainted the end for me.
TheLastCrusadersNov 17, 2023 12:31 AM
Nov 16, 2023 4:41 AM

Mar 2021
you seem like a type of person to rely too much on expectations. I'm like that too so now I don't wanna get expectations in my head and it has worked great.
Nov 16, 2023 4:51 AM

Apr 2016
Grave of the fireflies is my least favorite Ghibli movie, mainly because of that stupid brat of a main character who single handedly killed his own sister he was supposed to protect.

What a prideful cunt. So yes, not a sad movie, i was angry while watching it.
Nov 16, 2023 4:54 AM
Jul 2017
I watched it twice and I cried so much both times. It’s the saddest film I ever watched and I was exhausted after watching it from crying so much. I can’t understand how someone would not feel upset after watching children suffer.
Nov 16, 2023 4:57 AM

Jan 2013
Ishow_suii said:
I was literally too tired to react on the saddest part of the movie
Can’t believe OP really said this as an argument
Nov 16, 2023 5:20 AM
Sep 2020
CrunchyCrobat said:
I didn't feel anything watching the movie tbh, it really wasn't for me, and the fact I absolutely hate children might have also been a reason I didn't feel anything

What is the saddest anime you've watched?
Nov 16, 2023 5:21 AM
Oct 2020
Red_sparkling said:
CrunchyCrobat said:

Ef tale of memories/melodies
Nov 16, 2023 5:22 AM
Sep 2020
Klad said:
Ishow_suii said:
I was literally too tired to react on the saddest part of the movie
Can’t believe OP really said this as an argument

Probably baitposting because the account was made today
Nov 16, 2023 5:28 AM
Sep 2020
CrunchyCrobat said:
Red_sparkling said:

Never watched (hearing the name for the first time). Mal summary sounds pretty mid to me, idk. I think you like romance anime more than anime related to real-world tragedies. To each their own, I guess.
Nov 16, 2023 5:30 AM
May 2015
Swagernator said:
Grave of the fireflies is my least favorite Ghibli movie, mainly because of that stupid brat of a main character who single handedly killed his own sister he was supposed to protect.

What a prideful cunt. So yes, not a sad movie, i was angry while watching it.

This is valid, because I felt the same thing after watching the movie to an extent. He made many poor moves that ended up costing him his own life as well as his younger sister’s. Still, he was just a kid in an awful situation.

However after thinking about it more, his character was really the point that the movie was driving at. The entire movie was really a critique and criticism of Japanese pride during that era of history and they used the protagonist character to illustrate how that prideful attitude and making terrible moves for selfish gain ended up backfiring horrifically. The younger sister represents the innocent lives caught up in it all. Whether you agree with that or not, it’s what the movie was getting at.
Nov 16, 2023 5:32 AM
Oct 2020
Red_sparkling said:
CrunchyCrobat said:

Never watched (hearing the name for the first time). Mal summary sounds pretty mid to me, idk. I think you like romance anime more than anime related to real-world tragedies. To each their own, I guess.

That's the thing, I'm not a big romance anime fan, there's just a few that I like, and you really called it mid, man, you should actually watch it, it's not just the story but also how it's told that makes it really good
Nov 16, 2023 8:36 AM
Jan 2018
Ishow_suii said:
Hey everyone,
Don't you think that this movie is not that much sad because it does not even matched with my expectations when i started it i was thinking that this is going to be much sad but it destroyed all my expectation its a good movie but if you think after watching this you will cry than you are totally wrong....I was literally too tired to react on the saddest part of the movie....Please describe about your experience about this movie whether this made you sad or your situation was same like that i mentioned above..

You must have 0 empathy and I hope you do not work in the healthcare field. Yeesh.
Nov 16, 2023 9:31 AM

Sep 2020
Yikes the comments are somehow worse than the post....

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 16, 2023 12:04 PM

Jun 2020
in my opinion it's the saddest anime movie ever next to i want to eat your pancreas
Nov 16, 2023 12:41 PM

Oct 2020
yeah it was boring as hell I genuinely felt sadder watching fucking School Days than this but maybe my expectations were too high
Nov 16, 2023 4:06 PM

Aug 2020
I couldn't relate at all with the hardships of war. I thought the movie was frustrating at most. Stories I find the saddest are about loneliness, longing and nihilism. And dogs. If instead of a little sister this movie had a dog, jt would have made me cry.
Nov 16, 2023 5:27 PM
Oct 2023
I was trying to hold my tears not until he burns his own younger sister. This is why I hate war since the beginning. If might be the best if Oswald Mandus didn't destroy his own machine (from the game Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs).
Nov 17, 2023 4:17 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to JacobEZ5
Ishow_suii said:
Hey everyone,

You must have 0 empathy and I hope you do not work in the healthcare field. Yeesh.
@JacobEZ5 well sorry for having a different opinion
Nov 17, 2023 4:26 AM
Nov 2021
yeah it just crushes your soul and you go into apathy feeling no emotions

More topics from this board

» Rewatch!?!

Jai_akash - Apr 22

22 by imjayhime »»
Apr 24, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Hotaru No Haka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakyuu-addict - Nov 28, 2008

313 by WeebAngo »»
Mar 8, 5:18 AM

» Useful for learning the Kansai dialect (J-subs)

RudeRedis - Jul 8, 2023

18 by theSporz »»
Jan 17, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Did you cry after you watched this movie? (spoilers) ( 1 2 3 4 )

ss4gojetanks - Jul 8, 2011

186 by Neko_myanimelist »»
Jan 9, 11:23 AM

» I don't think I'll ever re-watch this movie. ( 1 2 )

Abyque - Sep 13, 2022

51 by Lungitar90 »»
Sep 11, 2023 4:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.