Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 29, 2023 7:46 AM
Oct 2021
When will this anime air?
Jul 29, 2023 7:54 AM
Mar 2022
Definitely not in 2023, it’s a maybe for 2024. My guess is summer 2024 or later.
Jul 29, 2023 8:20 AM
Aug 2021
Probably 2024, although there's no official confirmation yet

Im hoping for spring, so we can have Slime, Mushoku Tensei, and ReZero in the same season again
Jul 29, 2023 8:30 AM

Mar 2021
probably late 2024 or early 2025
Jul 29, 2023 8:44 AM
Aug 2022
Mando727 said:

Im hoping for spring, so we can have Slime, Mushoku Tensei, and ReZero in the same season again

that would be epic
Jul 29, 2023 9:13 AM
Mar 2022
Washed07 said:
Mando727 said:

that would be epic

that's more than that

it will be legendary, mythic, fking out worldsss

Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this accursed world.The longer you live, the more you realize that the only things that truly exist in this reality are merely pain, suffering and futility.Everywhere you look in this world,wherever there is light, there will always be shadows to be found as well.As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will also exist.The selfish intent of wanting to preserve peace, initiates war and hatred is born in order to protect love.
Jul 29, 2023 11:07 AM
Apr 2020
don't know, but hopefully not too early. we don't want a rushed series do we?
Jul 29, 2023 11:12 AM
Jun 2021
2025 according to leaks and studio is white fox they are busy with a new project for 2024
Jul 29, 2023 12:20 PM

May 2022
Mando727 said:

Three of the most Popular Isekais Airing Together in The Same Season Huh.
THAT WOULD BE FREAKING OUT OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!
69S7B4A5AJul 29, 2023 12:24 PM
๐’Ÿ๐‘œ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“๐‘’๐“‰ ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐‘’ ๐’น๐’พ๐’ธ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“‰๐‘’ ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡ ๐ฟ๐’พ๐’ป๐‘’.
Jul 29, 2023 1:37 PM

Apr 2022
hopefully when it's ready and not a moment earlier
Jul 29, 2023 6:24 PM
Mar 2018
Ankibank said:
Yeah, impatience can be comforted by the fact that the longer you wait, the longer the studio has to make improvements, so the better it will be. As long as they're actually working on it, of course

Thehaterofmal said:
2025 according to leaks and studio is white fox they are busy with a new project for 2024
What leak stated 2025?
Jul 30, 2023 1:52 AM

Jan 2019
Cour 1 Spring 2024 (13 episodes)
Cour 2 Fall 2024  (13 episodes)
Cour 3 Spring 2025  (13 episodes)

or 

Cour 1 Summer 2024 (20 episodes)
Cour 2 Spring 2025 (20 episodes)

I hope it's the second one to take all awards in both 2024 and 2025.
OkeanixJul 30, 2023 1:56 AM

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Jul 30, 2023 3:14 AM
Feb 2022
Okeanix said:

or 

will they have separate seasons? i thought they would air all the episodes(30+ as far i have heard) at the same time. and yeah, i hope they air it when it's fully ready and we can behold the masterpiece.
Jul 30, 2023 4:19 AM

Jan 2019
Htun__ said:
Okeanix said:

or 

will they have separate seasons? i thought they would air all the episodes(30+ as far i have heard) at the same time. and yeah, i hope they air it when it's fully ready and we can behold the masterpiece.
It's impossible to air 40 episodes without breaks in current industry.

It's better than you get new season in 2028.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Jul 30, 2023 6:24 AM
Nov 2021
Kydex said:
When will this anime air?

Most Possibly In 2024 โœจ

I'm Hoping That It Will Air As Soon As Possible ๐Ÿ‘พ
IslamFaisalAyonJul 30, 2023 6:27 AM
Jul 31, 2023 2:45 PM
Mar 2021
Ankibank said:

rushed? that’s crazy bc it’s gonna be mf 8 years and there’s and 2 seasons๐Ÿ˜ญ how much fucking time do they need???
Jul 31, 2023 3:49 PM
Apr 2020
QDrstone29 said:
Ankibank said:

rushed? that’s crazy bc it’s gonna be mf 8 years and there’s and 2 seasons๐Ÿ˜ญ how much fucking time do they need???

it took about 3.5 years after season 1 ended for season 2 to air. If you want to use this as a metric then it'll probably come out around September 2024. Season 2 also ended later than expected due to covid, so it's not really a surprise it's taken so long.

Now I don't know if I'm misinformed, but I'm pretty sure it was white fox that became pretty understaffed recently (correct me if I'm wrong) and that definitely doesn't speed up the process (if rezero is still being worked on by the same studio). If it comes out earlier than that and still turns out good we can rejoice.

I don't know what you think, but making a show isn't really a cakewalk, so complications will slow down the process. If they treat their staff terribly (like many studios do) this is gonna be rushed and terrible.

Let them take their time, if you can't wait just read the light novel or something.
Dec 24, 2023 9:25 PM
May 2018
I'd be very surprised to see it before 2025. This show takes its time with new seasons. It took four years for them to release just the first part of season 2. Looking at other White Fox anime and we can see a similar trend. The best comparison we have is Goblin Slayer, which took five years for a season 2 (it did have a movie in-between and so did Re:Zero). I think the fastest we've seen from them is Arifureta, which took 3 years. But we also have other outliers like Steins;Gate that took almost seven years for Steins;Gate 0 and Devil is a Part-Timer's season two took nine years.

It has been almost exactly three years since season 2 ended. Based on what we've seen, I feel like a fair median for White Fox's sequel seasons is four years. This also so happens to be the gap between season 1 and season 2. In other words, I believe late 2024 or early 2025 is the most realistic timeframe for season 3's first cour. If you wanna be really sad, now let's calculate when season 4 will drop. No, I think not. Too depressing.
Dec 25, 2023 6:49 AM
Mar 2020
Reply to Nox_Tenebris
I'd be very surprised to see it before 2025. This show takes its time with new seasons. It took four years for them to release just the first part of season 2. Looking at other White Fox anime and we can see a similar trend. The best comparison we have is Goblin Slayer, which took five years for a season 2 (it did have a movie in-between and so did Re:Zero). I think the fastest we've seen from them is Arifureta, which took 3 years. But we also have other outliers like Steins;Gate that took almost seven years for Steins;Gate 0 and Devil is a Part-Timer's season two took nine years.

It has been almost exactly three years since season 2 ended. Based on what we've seen, I feel like a fair median for White Fox's sequel seasons is four years. This also so happens to be the gap between season 1 and season 2. In other words, I believe late 2024 or early 2025 is the most realistic timeframe for season 3's first cour. If you wanna be really sad, now let's calculate when season 4 will drop. No, I think not. Too depressing.
@Nox_Tenebris It took 4 years for season 2 to come out because they caught up to the source material(light novel) so I dunno about 4 years.
Dec 25, 2023 12:45 PM
May 2018
Reply to Iakoby
@Nox_Tenebris It took 4 years for season 2 to come out because they caught up to the source material(light novel) so I dunno about 4 years.
@Iakoby Sure, that's true. However season 2 (both parts) only covered up to volume 15, which was released in late 2017. The anime still took over two years for that to be adapted. At this point, we've had the content for several more seasons for a good bit of time now, yet we haven't seen the show yet. All the shows I gave as examples have had plenty of source material despite the wait, as well.

In other words, if it was about a lack of source material, then we should have seen season 2 sometime in early 2018.
Dec 27, 2023 9:59 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to Nox_Tenebris

@Nox_Tenebris Season 2's production didn't actually begin until 2019. In addition, at the end of the year (2019) because of COVID they were working on episode 6, VERY behind schedule (I don't remember if it was the end of 2019 or the date when s2 was supposed to air). In total, it was basically pushed back 2 seasons because it was delayed from its April->Summer and a season break.

A new season is dependent on White Fox's schedule because they are the studio contracted to do it from the producers, when they are available in their planning to do the season, they will start production. According to leaks, Season 3 was ORIGINALLY greenlit at the end of 2021, pre-production proceeded at the beginning of 2022, then completely stopped because White Fox wasn't ready to move that into production (Utaware mask of truths) was going to air in Summer (didn't finish production with that officially until the very beginning of December), I'm guessing around the beginning of 2022 is when Sengoku began production behind the scenes.

Sengoku is going to air in January 2024 until late September with 37 episodes consecutively.
REZERO season 3 continued pre-production the beginning of 2023, and I'm ESTIMATING it began production in around April 2024, AROUND a month earlier or later from that date is the range.
What was also discussed from Ice and Pumpkin, is what the original schedule would have been IF white fox was ready in 2022, was that the anime would release in October 2023. It seems everything was pushed back a year, so it will now probably air in October 2024, it COULD air in Summer, but I really doubt it, WHITE FOX does NOT like airing their anime while another one is currently airing. Pumpkin claims that RE0 S3 has a "very long production cycle",
My prediction which aligns with a March/April 2023 start of proper production and an air date of October 2024 is a ~27 month production cycle (9 months per cour) which will finish production at basically the end of Spring 2025. They could potentially air S3 on Emilia's Birthday, 39 weeks (40 episodes) later brings us to June 23, 2025. From Utaware (2022), they finished completely 3 weeks prior to the last episode, if they do the same with REZERO and lets say they started in March 2023 -> (+27 months) -> June 2025

Also regarding White Fox's staff issues, they were actually going to do GS II, I read a tweet from an animator back in the end of 2019 or it was the end of 2020, about how WF was having big issues behind the scenes which explains their abandonment of GS, also arifureta was not theirs, they just animated 4 of their episodes as a subcontractor similar to what Nexus did for rezero. I'd say 2019 - 2021 was a big issue for White Fox, however, they have at least 2 divisions handling projects now compared to what looked like 1 back in 2020-2022. They have done a big chunk of recruitment since the beginning of 2023 for their tokyo studio and are now recruiting assistant directors for some odd reason and re-structuring of their other studio IZUKOGEN to accommodate for their future workloads (mainly key animation now instead of only 2KA) and have more plans in the future for a NEW studio, (ETA 5 years from now). They also moved into a new building for their TOKYO one. They are not in a staff crisis as they most likely were from 2019-2022. Also their lack of things in 2023 after 14 years of yearly works says they have been busy. They are on the rise once again!

vaedeerDec 27, 2023 10:44 AM
Dec 27, 2023 10:21 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to Nox_Tenebris
@Iakoby Sure, that's true. However season 2 (both parts) only covered up to volume 15, which was released in late 2017. The anime still took over two years for that to be adapted. At this point, we've had the content for several more seasons for a good bit of time now, yet we haven't seen the show yet. All the shows I gave as examples have had plenty of source material despite the wait, as well.

In other words, if it was about a lack of source material, then we should have seen season 2 sometime in early 2018.
@Nox_Tenebris Looks like they were waiting for the big stuff because they plan to adapt arc 5 and arc 6, the last volume of arc 6 came out at the very end of December 2020. I don't think the wait is that big of a problem because they would have waited AGAIN for many years to do season 3 if they put out season 2 in 2017, so they would have had the season 1->season 2 problem AGAIN, but they simply couldn't just start on it.

Waiting is a HUGE problem because WAITING = LOSE YOUR STAFF.

Season 1 -> Season 2 is evidence of that, also you can't just start production as soon as a arc is done, you need to storyboard it all, you need to get the people to do that, then you need to get the people to animate it.

Yes, it finished the arc at the very end of 2017, christmas. It wasn't too long after that that it got its season announcement, but that wait because we didnt have arc 4 right off the bat made it so we lost a lot of good people from season 1 that just degraded the quality of the next, the good animators simply went to go work on MT instead.

Season 2 being ready in early 2018 is way too early, I think the fastest they could have done it is late 2019, they aren't going to start on anything until the arc is actually published and they need to actually read the arc too! But since they had to wait for season 2 WF took up other projects instead which is why we didn't get its production until 2019.

Going on to now, we waited some more, it seems KADOKAWA wanted to do arc 5 and 6 at the same time, unsure if this was always the plan, but wouldn't know. From a sales perspective this is the best option because of the ending, Arc 5 would have had to end after 4.5 volumes for no cliffhanger (WF's biggest enemy it seems, someone doesn't want a cliffhanger in the staff as seen from S1/S2 when there WAS cliffhangers in the arcs).
Season 4 should do arc 7+8, arc 8 will be done this year, so there should be no excuses for making us wait a while, it doesn't really matter though because s3 won't be done airing until somewhere in 2025, so probably won't have to wait too long after that for announcement will probably be announced at AJ 2026 or AJ 2027. White Fox has my prayers for adapting 12 - 14 volumes. They could lowkey pull an arc 3 for arc 7+8 and NO one will complain.

Another problem is that the story from arc 7 -> arc 8 is not done yet, but will maybe conclude in 2024, I hope KADOKAWA gets WF locked in for S4 now so they can just start on it immediately after s3, so we lose NOBODY, but unlikely. I hope they learn from their mistakes and don't lose staff this time. Probably won't be possible, but the sooner they start on it the better, need an announcement at AJ 2026 (assuming s3 finishes airing in 2025) to reassure they didn't screw up with that.

Regardless, everyone will enjoy Arc 5 and Arc 6, they are VERY strong arcs and if done properly will satisfy you for a WHILE. The ending of course will too! To be fair, if they wanted to you could TECHNICALLY halt the anime here for a while, but people will DEFINITELY want S4 after.
vaedeerDec 27, 2023 10:32 AM
Dec 27, 2023 8:27 PM
May 2018
Reply to vaedeer
@Nox_Tenebris Looks like they were waiting for the big stuff because they plan to adapt arc 5 and arc 6, the last volume of arc 6 came out at the very end of December 2020. I don't think the wait is that big of a problem because they would have waited AGAIN for many years to do season 3 if they put out season 2 in 2017, so they would have had the season 1->season 2 problem AGAIN, but they simply couldn't just start on it.

Waiting is a HUGE problem because WAITING = LOSE YOUR STAFF.

Season 1 -> Season 2 is evidence of that, also you can't just start production as soon as a arc is done, you need to storyboard it all, you need to get the people to do that, then you need to get the people to animate it.

Yes, it finished the arc at the very end of 2017, christmas. It wasn't too long after that that it got its season announcement, but that wait because we didnt have arc 4 right off the bat made it so we lost a lot of good people from season 1 that just degraded the quality of the next, the good animators simply went to go work on MT instead.

Season 2 being ready in early 2018 is way too early, I think the fastest they could have done it is late 2019, they aren't going to start on anything until the arc is actually published and they need to actually read the arc too! But since they had to wait for season 2 WF took up other projects instead which is why we didn't get its production until 2019.

Going on to now, we waited some more, it seems KADOKAWA wanted to do arc 5 and 6 at the same time, unsure if this was always the plan, but wouldn't know. From a sales perspective this is the best option because of the ending, Arc 5 would have had to end after 4.5 volumes for no cliffhanger (WF's biggest enemy it seems, someone doesn't want a cliffhanger in the staff as seen from S1/S2 when there WAS cliffhangers in the arcs).
Season 4 should do arc 7+8, arc 8 will be done this year, so there should be no excuses for making us wait a while, it doesn't really matter though because s3 won't be done airing until somewhere in 2025, so probably won't have to wait too long after that for announcement will probably be announced at AJ 2026 or AJ 2027. White Fox has my prayers for adapting 12 - 14 volumes. They could lowkey pull an arc 3 for arc 7+8 and NO one will complain.

Another problem is that the story from arc 7 -> arc 8 is not done yet, but will maybe conclude in 2024, I hope KADOKAWA gets WF locked in for S4 now so they can just start on it immediately after s3, so we lose NOBODY, but unlikely. I hope they learn from their mistakes and don't lose staff this time. Probably won't be possible, but the sooner they start on it the better, need an announcement at AJ 2026 (assuming s3 finishes airing in 2025) to reassure they didn't screw up with that.

Regardless, everyone will enjoy Arc 5 and Arc 6, they are VERY strong arcs and if done properly will satisfy you for a WHILE. The ending of course will too! To be fair, if they wanted to you could TECHNICALLY halt the anime here for a while, but people will DEFINITELY want S4 after.
@vaedeer Holy crap. So, what I'm getting from your two FULL essays, is that you agree with the late 2024/ early 2025 release of the next season but disagree with my idea that season 4 will take forever. Hope you're right, but I prefer to forgo hype, conjecture, and essays in lieu of the more practical method of assuming the worst (another four to five year gap for season 4) and being pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong.

As for if there will be more seasons, I feel like it is a pretty safe bet in the current industry for them to finish off the show. Recent trends show that studios are more comfortable adapting sequels to already well established shows, rather than risk taking on new ones. Hence why we have been seeing random, older shows popping off sequels (see White Fox's Devil is a Part-Timer as an example) and seasons full of sequels (see Spring 2024 as an example).
Dec 28, 2023 8:40 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to Nox_Tenebris
@vaedeer Holy crap. So, what I'm getting from your two FULL essays, is that you agree with the late 2024/ early 2025 release of the next season but disagree with my idea that season 4 will take forever. Hope you're right, but I prefer to forgo hype, conjecture, and essays in lieu of the more practical method of assuming the worst (another four to five year gap for season 4) and being pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong.

As for if there will be more seasons, I feel like it is a pretty safe bet in the current industry for them to finish off the show. Recent trends show that studios are more comfortable adapting sequels to already well established shows, rather than risk taking on new ones. Hence why we have been seeing random, older shows popping off sequels (see White Fox's Devil is a Part-Timer as an example) and seasons full of sequels (see Spring 2024 as an example).
@Nox_Tenebris Season 4 is safe to be greenlit the same year that S3 finishes airing, even Ice agrees with that, just depends on will WF be ready?
He worried about White Fox imploding again, which is definitely possible, but I have hope for them this time, whether they will implode is dependent on how they handle Sengoku + REZERO. So we will see in about a year's time their status. I'm hoping they haven't agreed to multiple projects after Sengoku and REZERO, but I'm sure they will if they get the chance to, do s4 of REZERO because it seems they care about the IP and they know KADOKAWA can replace them if they ignore it for too long.

Regarding their status right now, we most likely would have had REZERO in 2023 (following their 2022 production schedule), but because of their implodation around COVID time, their agreed upon works were moved back.

I'm pretty sure this is how it would have went if things were still on schedule
REZERO SEASON 2 (2020) - AIRING IT ALL in 2020 from April 2020, how it was originally planned
UTAWARE (2021) - AIRING IT ALL in 2021 <-- Shouldn't have to worry about this anymore in the future, this was the last of the main story
SENGOKU (2022/maybe Jan 2023) - Was originally planned to be a 2 cour adaptation before they agreed to 3 cours during its production, I think this is OK, because we won't have to worry about it anymore in the future since this will be a full adaptation
REZERO S3 - October 2023

I mean even if we have to wait our usual 4 years between seasons, should get them to announce S4 at 2027 and we get S4 in 2028, won't be a big issue because we are gonna get arc 7 and 8. Will be seeing the end of REZERO animated within 2030s
vaedeerDec 28, 2023 11:54 AM
Dec 29, 2023 11:00 PM

Aug 2011
Well, they have enough material. I think the four years Gap might've caused some trauma regarding waiting for the third to come. Re:zero and all the Isekai batch were blindshots, I dont think they planned things expecting such a huge success, so It got a little out of control. At least that's the impression I got from Re:zero and Konosuba. Director's Cut was the way to bring newcomers while giving the original fans something new. COVID situation was also a huge problem for Re:zero, especially, since an anime about a guy who dies a thousand times was inappropriate (well, COVID-19 was a more than huge problem for anything, due to all the suffering and losses of most of us). I would guess early 2024. There are others huge titles launching this year, and most of them take the second half of the year.

More topics from this board

» Anime of the year? ( 1 2 )

filthyfrank8142 - Mar 30

67 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Yesterday, 10:51 AM

» Episode 1 will be 90min LONG!

AshTheChamp - Jun 5

45 by barto_ »»
Jun 20, 6:35 AM

» (Spoilers) Who would be the perfect Seiyลซ?

castle2001 - Jun 11

11 by InfernalPotato »»
Jun 14, 4:01 PM

» Does some animators from Studio Bind will help White Fox ?

Baliste - Jun 9

15 by Kartiksama »»
Jun 12, 9:59 AM

» Why did White Fox decide to release episode 1 early?

someone324 - Jun 6

9 by GeoXsf9 »»
Jun 9, 9:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.