Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 24, 2023 1:14 AM
Feb 2022
if i liked rin/shiro combo and found sakura kind of annoying in UBW is it worth watching heavens feel? feeling a bit hesitant to watch something where all the character dynamics are different and wondering if thats common 
Jul 24, 2023 1:26 AM
Jan 2022
Nope not worth, heavens feel movies are focused on Sakura/shiro combo. Boring movies.
Jul 24, 2023 1:31 AM
Oct 2022
ghost_swan said:
if i liked rin/shiro combo and found sakura kind of annoying in UBW is it worth watching heavens feel? feeling a bit hesitant to watch something where all the character dynamics are different and wondering if thats common 

Yes watch it
it's very worth it because you will get to see another part of Sakura and will make her "not boring"
Jul 24, 2023 1:33 AM

Nov 2021
Even I don't like that combo, but I won't overlook Sakuga Fest, OSTs and fights (Alter vs rider) and all, just for the sake of Sakura. Also, the ending is different from what you have seen so far.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jul 24, 2023 1:33 AM
Jun 2021
ghost_swan said:

It’s worth it. I am like you and it did improve my thoughts on sakura as a character, she was still annoying every now and then though. It’s still worth is just for the great story and animation.
Jul 24, 2023 1:52 AM
Mar 2022
Definitely watch HF. I don’t know if you’ve already learned of the premise but it’s different than what you might expect.
Jul 24, 2023 5:16 AM
Jan 2021
heaven's feel is a completely different route, and a very different story.

it focuses on Shiro and Sakura's relationship a lot, and it is more fleshed out in comparison to ubw.

also they it has banger fights, and a compelling story
Jul 24, 2023 5:18 AM
Dec 2020
Sakura feels that way in UBW is bc she barely got any screen time

She'll get better in HF
Jul 24, 2023 5:30 AM
Feb 2021
Ripperdoc said:
Nope not worth, heavens feel movies are focused on Sakura/shiro combo. Boring movies.

“Boring movies” Imagine ranking a Fate series because of the romance aspect alone, L fan right here
Jul 24, 2023 5:51 AM
Jan 2020
ghost_swan said:

Even if you are not the greatest Sakura fan, it’s still good as it reveals more of the story and world that was happening off screen during the Fate and UBW routes.
Jul 24, 2023 6:41 AM
Oct 2020
ghost_swan said:

Yes. You are meant to feel this way.

Watch Heavens Feel and then Zero.

Heaven’s Feel peels back the curtain on what was really going on behind the scenes. It’s darker and more mysterious, and has even better fight scenes.

Sakura becomes a very interesting character too, in an unexpected way.
Jul 24, 2023 8:14 AM
Dec 2021
ghost_swan said:

Heaven's Feel is one of the best trilogies ever made, and Heaven's Feel is one of the darkest routes in Fate history!
You gotta love it! 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩
Jul 24, 2023 8:30 AM
Jan 2022
TheRealRouges said:
Ripperdoc said:

“Boring movies” Imagine ranking a Fate series because of the romance aspect alone, L fan right here

Its hilarious how people get triggered by other's negative opinions on a show they like. You can think what you want about my ratings, I don't wanna argue.

EDIT: Pls don't call me a "fan" of anything, it insults me.
Jul 24, 2023 8:41 AM
Mar 2022
Sakura is barely a character in any route beside Heaven's Feel, so she's really not likeable in the previous routes.

She's by far my least favorite of the main characters but she's still interesting and Heaven's Feel is a great route albeit very different from UBW.

Also this version of Rin is incredible
Jul 24, 2023 8:50 AM

May 2020
I always recommend people to read the Fate Visual novel, because that's the best way to fully enjoy the story. But many tends to be anime only, and if you are one of them, I still do recommend watching HF because of the visuals and storytelling alot more about Sakura, which makes her a much better character than the one in UBW. However, don't expect it to be a masterpiece because it cuts out so many scenes from the visual novel.
Jul 24, 2023 10:41 AM
Feb 2021
Ripperdoc said:
TheRealRouges said:

Its hilarious how people get triggered by other's negative opinions on a show they like. You can think what you want about my ratings, I don't wanna argue.

I was exaggerating, but bro how can you say the movies are not worth it because of the Sakura ship? That’s the point of the ramification of the original visual novel, from the different approach Shiro has for the girls (cause in all three routes they still all like him) it starts a whole different story than the other routes
Jul 24, 2023 11:18 AM
Jan 2022
TheRealRouges said:
Ripperdoc said:

I was exaggerating, but bro how can you say the movies are not worth it because of the Sakura ship? That’s the point of the ramification of the original visual novel, from the different approach Shiro has for the girls (cause in all three routes they still all like him) it starts a whole different story than the other routes

Now you don't sound like the average brainless MAL user :). I never said I didn't like Sakura or I am not okay with shipping her with Shirou. If it sounded like that then it wasn't intended. Sakura is an okay character for me, nothing special.

My main issue with the Heavens feel movies was the repetitiveness of the events, but with different characters, when compared to UBW. I already found the Fate story kinda silly and incomprehensible, therefore the repetition of the Holy Grail war in the three movies with a different ending was straight up boring. UBW was the first I watched of the whole Fate Series, so I didn't feel like that here. And Rin is probably the most perfect mixture of a Tsundere-type girl in all of animes, alongside one other, so that was my number one way of enjoying UBW.

To sum up, I kinda agree with you that I said the Movies are boring cause of the different ship (If Rin had more screentime in Heavens feel, I may have enjoyed it more), however the MAIN ISSUE I have with it is that its just a different route and I am not the guy for event repetitions. I noticed that while watching other series like Steins Gate, Re:Zero or Tokyo Revengers. The latter is just a bad show honestly.

Have a great day and everyone should enjoy what they want.
RipperdocJul 24, 2023 11:29 AM
Jul 24, 2023 12:45 PM
Aug 2021
I didn’t like her at all either and although I’m still not a huge fan, her character definitely gets better in heavens feel and also does a 180 because of something that happens in the plot. I’d say it’s still worth the watch. It’s only 3 movies plus u still get the insane fights and animation.
Jul 24, 2023 9:02 PM
Mar 2022
watch heaven's feel movies for the animation
Jul 25, 2023 2:03 AM
Feb 2022
o yea fate is so intresting anime
Jul 25, 2023 4:37 AM
Feb 2021
Ripperdoc said:
TheRealRouges said:

Now you don't sound like the average brainless MAL user :). I never said I didn't like Sakura or I am not okay with shipping her with Shirou. If it sounded like that then it wasn't intended. Sakura is an okay character for me, nothing special.

My main issue with the Heavens feel movies was the repetitiveness of the events, but with different characters, when compared to UBW. I already found the Fate story kinda silly and incomprehensible, therefore the repetition of the Holy Grail war in the three movies with a different ending was straight up boring. UBW was the first I watched of the whole Fate Series, so I didn't feel like that here. And Rin is probably the most perfect mixture of a Tsundere-type girl in all of animes, alongside one other, so that was my number one way of enjoying UBW.

To sum up, I kinda agree with you that I said the Movies are boring cause of the different ship (If Rin had more screentime in Heavens feel, I may have enjoyed it more), however the MAIN ISSUE I have with it is that its just a different route and I am not the guy for event repetitions. I noticed that while watching other series like Steins Gate, Re:Zero or Tokyo Revengers. The latter is just a bad show honestly.

Have a great day and everyone should enjoy what they want.

Ok, now I can understand your point more. The problem is the adaptation from the visual novel, because in UBW they completely annihilated Shirou’s dialogues so he also didn’t make a lot of sense as a character, while since his character in Heaven’s Feel was already more simple I think the movies did a better job in conveying the story, they also cut the beginning basically because it was the same in all routes. But yeah, if you didn’t really loved the first route you saw it makes sense you may find boring a different story from the same beginning.
Have a nice day👍
Jul 25, 2023 11:11 AM
Feb 2021
Depends on what dynamic you like about Shiro and Rin. If you like the romantic angle, then maybe skip out on the trilogy. However, Rin is still very involved in the Holy Grail War side of things, so if you like more of their allies-in-combat dynamic, that’s still there.

Besides that, I would still highly recommend watching the trilogy. The third film’s story turns into a lot of Fate lore dump, but the action throughout is spectacular. Definitely some of Ufotable’s best work, even with Demon Slayer in the mix. Although if you can’t stomach SA, I should warn you that there’s a scene of it at the end of the second movie. It’s brief and not super explicit, but it can still be hard to watch.
Jul 25, 2023 12:37 PM
May 2022
There are some cool fight scenes, but honestly idk how much it’s worth it, especially if you don’t like Sakura.
Jul 25, 2023 12:42 PM

Jul 2016
Watch it for the OST and animation then. HF trilogy is one of the best visual spectacles in anime history.
Jul 25, 2023 1:00 PM
Apr 2020
I think it adds more to the story and gives insight to some characters. it's definitely worth watching, even if you don't like Sakura or her being with Shiro.

It's also very different from the other 2 and the stakes feel a lot higher.
Jul 25, 2023 1:03 PM
Apr 2020
Ripperdoc said:
TheRealRouges said:

bro just said being a fan of something is insulting 💀
Jul 25, 2023 1:26 PM

Aug 2020
Dont worry. Sakura isnt even the highlight of Heavens Feel.
Keep scrolling
Jul 25, 2023 2:41 PM
Feb 2022
Squatch70 said:
Depends on what dynamic you like about Shiro and Rin. If you like the romantic angle, then maybe skip out on the trilogy. However, Rin is still very involved in the Holy Grail War side of things, so if you like more of their allies-in-combat dynamic, that’s still there.

Besides that, I would still highly recommend watching the trilogy. The third film’s story turns into a lot of Fate lore dump, but the action throughout is spectacular. Definitely some of Ufotable’s best work, even with Demon Slayer in the mix. Although if you can’t stomach SA, I should warn you that there’s a scene of it at the end of the second movie. It’s brief and not super explicit, but it can still be hard to watch.

genuinely thank you for that warning🌷

and yeah that’s a good point, rin is definitely my favorite of the three but maybe it’s less about the love interest and more so about that it gave her a lot more focus and screen time as a result

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.