Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 12, 2023 6:10 PM

Jan 2019
Re:Zero Season 3 will have an episode count between 38-42 (https://twitter.com/Nagatsukiii/status/1679083257277587458). 

I believe this episode count is perfect for adapting Arc 5 and Arc 6 without any pacing issues. It is likely this season will follow the trend of split parts. I hope that Part 1 will consist of 25 episodes, while Part 2 around 13-14 episodes.

Part 1 Adapting Volume 16-22 (All of Arc 5 + First Two Volumes of Arc 6 which ends with biggest cliffhanger)
Part 2 Adapting Volume 23-25 (peak re:zero)
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Jul 12, 2023 7:29 PM
Aug 2022
While I would love something like that, it’s quite a stretch, especially in the current system of seasonal anime being 12-13 episode seasons. Leaks like these aren’t always true, but then again the studio did do 29 minute episodes with no op or ed in season 2 so I guess anything is possible.
Jul 12, 2023 8:43 PM

Aug 2020
I liked the upcoming arc 5 and 6.
if the leaks is true, I appreciate it cuz continuity will be nice.
Jul 12, 2023 8:53 PM
Aug 2021
This would be the best news. Having read the source material, this would probably be the perfect amount of episodes to cover it. Maybe a cut here and there, but as long as it’s superficial and not the plot breaking stuff that is revealed in arc 6, I’ll be cool with it. All the hype. Lfg
Jul 12, 2023 9:05 PM
Mar 2022
That would be amazing, but I highly doubt it because of the fact that it takes 4 years to release each season. If the length of the season is accurate, it’s more likely that the season would end up having 3 cours of 13-14 episodes, each cour releasing about a year apart, but that’ll still mean that content would release more frequently than the pace it’s been at. I would still expect to wait another 4 years after season 3 ends to get season 4 regardless of the amount of episodes or cours.
Jul 12, 2023 11:35 PM
Dec 2022
let this leak be true
Jul 13, 2023 1:20 AM

Apr 2022
if true that's great news. I read the Web novel, so I already know the story will be great and with proper animation and paceing, we are in for a true masterpiece
Jul 13, 2023 3:56 AM
Apr 2022
Okeanix said:
Re:Zero Season 3 will have an episode count between 38-42 (https://twitter.com/Nagatsukiii/status/1679083257277587458). 

I believe this episode count is perfect for adapting Arc 5 and Arc 6 without any pacing issues. It is likely this season will follow the trend of split parts. I hope that Part 1 will consist of 25 episodes, while Part 2 around 13-14 episodes.

Part 1 Adapting Volume 16-22 (All of Arc 5 + First Two Volumes of Arc 6 which ends with biggest cliffhanger)

Might I ask why we should believe this person?
Jul 13, 2023 3:59 AM

Jan 2019
Peenutz said:
Okeanix said:

Leaked the other anime White Fox produced months before confirms this guy has connections with some one in White Fox (Re:Zero's studio)
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Jul 13, 2023 4:17 AM
Apr 2022
Okeanix said:
Peenutz said:

Leaked the other anime White Fox produced months before confirms this guy has connections with some one in White Fox (Re:Zero's studio)
interesting…๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
Jul 13, 2023 4:49 AM
Aug 2022
hmm sounds good for me but like everyone said i think there are some low chances...but yes...a season with almost 40 episodes would explode fr
Jul 13, 2023 6:46 AM
Jun 2022
If these leaks are true, then the pacing will be very good, and so I will be even more excited to see the new season
Jul 14, 2023 2:24 PM

Dec 2020
EP1C_G4YM3R said:
That would be amazing, but I highly doubt it because of the fact that it takes 4 years to release each season. If the length of the season is accurate, it’s more likely that the season would end up having 3 cours of 13-14 episodes, each cour releasing about a year apart, but that’ll still mean that content would release more frequently than the pace it’s been at. I would still expect to wait another 4 years after season 3 ends to get season 4 regardless of the amount of episodes or cours.

The farthest apart the cours will be is 2 seasons. Not gonna be an AOT situation even with a long production cycle. Realistically not going to go past 2025
vaedeerJul 14, 2023 2:28 PM
Jul 14, 2023 5:36 PM
Mar 2022
vaedeer said:
EP1C_G4YM3R said:

The farthest apart the cours will be is 2 seasons. Not gonna be an AOT situation even with a long production cycle. Realistically not going to go past 2025

You right, just fact checked and the first cour of season 2 ended in September 2020, and the second cour started in January 2021. So it will probably be a similar distance apart, still it’ll probably be 3 cours all the same with the possibility of that many episodes.
Jul 14, 2023 6:25 PM
Mar 2019
EP1C_G4YM3R said:
vaedeer said:

You right, just fact checked and the first cour of season 2 ended in September 2020, and the second cour started in January 2021. So it will probably be a similar distance apart, still it’ll probably be 3 cours all the same with the possibility of that many episodes.
Not to mention, and correct me if my memory is failing me on this, season 2 was originally supposed to be aired in one run, it was only because of Covid related production complications that they needed a bit of delay for the second part. I'm definitely not fearing an AoT style production hell. Season 2 and 3 will presumably be more than 3 years apart, which in the case of an already established IP should be plenty enough time to guarantee a relatively smooth production cycle, even at such a high episode count, and to have it all be aired not necessarily in one run but definitely within the span of a year.
Jul 14, 2023 7:54 PM
Mar 2022
Hello229 said:
EP1C_G4YM3R said:

Not to mention, and correct me if my memory is failing me on this, season 2 was originally supposed to be aired in one run, it was only because of Covid related production complications that they needed a bit of delay for the second part. I'm definitely not fearing an AoT style production hell. Season 2 and 3 will presumably be more than 3 years apart, which in the case of an already established IP should be plenty enough time to guarantee a relatively smooth production cycle, even at such a high episode count, and to have it all be aired not necessarily in one run but definitely within the span of a year.

Honestly I can’t say for sure if it was Covid related reasons, but that sounds about right. It just seems cours are the new way that most animes are handling production these days, so I wouldn’t put it past them if they release it in cours to give us content sooner, giving them time to put finishing polishes on the other cours while one is releasing, while also keeping hype for the show alive. Also if I’m not mistaken there’s an internal struggle at white fox studios, so they may find it best to release it in cours, but I can’t say for sure or not.
Jul 15, 2023 3:06 PM

Dec 2020
EP1C_G4YM3R said:
vaedeer said:

Season 2 was originally going to be aired rom Spring of 2020, but COVID ruined that. I'm not sure if it was going to be consecutive or not though. If we are getting 38-42 episodes for s3, I don't think there is going to be any 30 minuters, maybe 26-27 minutes AT MOST for an episode without op/ed.
Jul 19, 2023 12:13 PM

Oct 2020
Maybe They'll split it into 2 parts like SAO season 3 itself, got 3 parts.......
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you are able to (โ  โ โ—œโ โ€ฟโ โ—โ  โ )โ โ™ก
Oct 3, 2023 6:25 PM

Mar 2021
feels kind of bogus. These leaks make re zero look bigger than AOT, KnY, JJK since even they cannot just get a new season of 50 episodes. Leaks like these make it look like re zero is the biggest anime on the plant right now
Oct 4, 2023 7:10 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to icefirestone23
feels kind of bogus. These leaks make re zero look bigger than AOT, KnY, JJK since even they cannot just get a new season of 50 episodes. Leaks like these make it look like re zero is the biggest anime on the plant right now
@icefirestone23
If white fox is capable of airing Sengoku Youko of 37 episodes consecutively from january 2024, they sure as hell can accomplish the estimated episode count for s3.
Oct 4, 2023 9:02 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to vaedeer
@icefirestone23
If white fox is capable of airing Sengoku Youko of 37 episodes consecutively from january 2024, they sure as hell can accomplish the estimated episode count for s3.
@vaedeer only ln series that almost 50 episodes consecutively was sao and that has a far higher profit margin.

Otherwise you have to be mha, yugioh, pokemon, one piece and quality will take a hit. Also sengoku is a new series and those tend to get double or maybe even triple cour out the gate.
Oct 4, 2023 10:22 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to icefirestone23
@vaedeer only ln series that almost 50 episodes consecutively was sao and that has a far higher profit margin.

Otherwise you have to be mha, yugioh, pokemon, one piece and quality will take a hit. Also sengoku is a new series and those tend to get double or maybe even triple cour out the gate.
@icefirestone23 Well first off, re0 s3 won't have 47 episodes, it'll be like 40 max. + A-1 accomplished all of that during the COVID period while pushing out other projects, so in reality it wouldn't have been split as much. White Fox is gonna probably do a Nexus like how they did eminence w/ a 2 cour-> break -> 1 cour it wont be consecutive, if it's consecutive then I'll be worried about production with you.

Regarding MHA, pokemon, one piece, etc; all of that shit is on full blast by a big studio WHILE that studio pushes out other projects at the same time, and the reason the quality is more poor is because its like fast food, rezero has been in pre-production since late 2021, they care about delaying the season so production thrives. White Fox president has said that the projects they are working on is Mushoku, Sengoku, and REZERO. Sengoku is probably near finishing considering they are consecutively pushing out 37 so it's definitely been in the backlog for quite some time especially how WF has aired at least one anime a year since 2011 however in 2023 we didn't have any. Mushoku has 12 episodes left airing in April (bind's mainly responsible still, wf hasn't done much in s2p1) and bind is recruiting like crazy so they don't need to rely on WF (enough to double their numbers).

After summer of 2024, rezero will probably start airing if it didnt already in april and WF's ONLY project will be REZERO! So I wouldn't worry much!
vaedeerOct 4, 2023 11:02 AM
Oct 5, 2023 5:13 AM
Jun 2020
Reply to vaedeer
@icefirestone23 Well first off, re0 s3 won't have 47 episodes, it'll be like 40 max. + A-1 accomplished all of that during the COVID period while pushing out other projects, so in reality it wouldn't have been split as much. White Fox is gonna probably do a Nexus like how they did eminence w/ a 2 cour-> break -> 1 cour it wont be consecutive, if it's consecutive then I'll be worried about production with you.

Regarding MHA, pokemon, one piece, etc; all of that shit is on full blast by a big studio WHILE that studio pushes out other projects at the same time, and the reason the quality is more poor is because its like fast food, rezero has been in pre-production since late 2021, they care about delaying the season so production thrives. White Fox president has said that the projects they are working on is Mushoku, Sengoku, and REZERO. Sengoku is probably near finishing considering they are consecutively pushing out 37 so it's definitely been in the backlog for quite some time especially how WF has aired at least one anime a year since 2011 however in 2023 we didn't have any. Mushoku has 12 episodes left airing in April (bind's mainly responsible still, wf hasn't done much in s2p1) and bind is recruiting like crazy so they don't need to rely on WF (enough to double their numbers).

After summer of 2024, rezero will probably start airing if it didnt already in april and WF's ONLY project will be REZERO! So I wouldn't worry much!
@vaedeer Just asking out of curiosity, but when do you reckon we can get even one tidbit leak of the new staff, or heck, even a PV or new KV for this series?
Oct 5, 2023 7:52 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to Nafis_Syed
@vaedeer Just asking out of curiosity, but when do you reckon we can get even one tidbit leak of the new staff, or heck, even a PV or new KV for this series?
@Nafis_Syed Following the pattern from s1&s2 --> then December
Oct 7, 2023 6:08 AM

Apr 2012
They keep so much faith in the brand that we can get one season out of 3-4 courses? Is that why White Fox have been so quiet for over a year?
Oct 7, 2023 6:12 AM

Sep 2018
Sounds far too good to be true. Probably going to be 2 cours of 11-12 episodes tbh.
Oct 16, 2023 5:46 PM

Dec 2020
Reply to rohan121
Sounds far too good to be true. Probably going to be 2 cours of 11-12 episodes tbh.
@rohan121 22--24 episodes just for arc 5 is pretty slowly paced
Nov 3, 2023 7:35 AM

Dec 2017
DegenerateRed said:
current system of seasonal anime being 12-13 episode seasons.
fall 2023 isn't looking too bad with the episode counts... it could always come true :)
โKabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.โž
I was immensely devastated.

More topics from this board

» There will be a Season 3 Part 2 / Season 4. ( 1 2 )

Okeanix - Sep 6

50 by Profat »»
Yesterday, 11:57 AM

» Subaru's mom is the Witch of Envy (Crazy Fan Theory)

CautiousShadow - Sep 12

22 by QcDiablo »»
Sep 20, 7:22 AM

Poll: » About FAL "Fantasy Anime League" Fall 2024

AbhinavAnge - Sep 16

14 by iGotIceInMyRice »»
Sep 19, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Novel readers, do you hate Liliana?

0451 - Sep 16

11 by Okeanix »»
Sep 18, 1:34 PM

» What is the reason you're (still) watching Re:Zero? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Mar 27

97 by WataryAndrian »»
Sep 18, 10:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.