Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 18, 2023 10:46 PM
Jun 2021
Can I watch this movie? I haven't seen or read Slam Dunk animanga. Is this movie a starter/introductory movie?
Jun 19, 2023 12:40 AM
Jul 2022
Me neither. But it gives a clearly introduction of the plots before ,so there’s no need to worry about can’t understand the plots in the movie. Overall ,it worth a watch. ;)
Jun 20, 2023 12:22 PM
Jul 2019
You can watch it without having to read the manga or watch the anime but please go read the manga. The art is amazing and if you can read fast, you can finish all 270 chapters in under a week. It’s that well paced. Having to know parts of the source material really does boost your experience. Read. Slam. Dunk.
Jun 21, 2023 5:27 PM
Jun 2021
HangyuZ said:
Me neither. But it gives a clearly introduction of the plots before ,so there’s no need to worry about can’t understand the plots in the movie. Overall ,it worth a watch. ;)

Thanks a lot ❤️
Jun 21, 2023 5:28 PM
Jun 2021
Taifu_15 said:
You can watch it without having to read the manga or watch the anime but please go read the manga. The art is amazing and if you can read fast, you can finish all 270 chapters in under a week. It’s that well paced. Having to know parts of the source material really does boost your experience. Read. Slam. Dunk.

will do sir. Thanks
Jun 22, 2023 11:42 AM
Jan 2021
Firstly I have yo say I haven't watched the movie, but I have read the manga and watched the anime. You could watch the movie but it will obviously spoil the manga for you. And also probably won't hit half as hard as for someone who read the manga, specially the end. I would recommend at least watching the first episode to get used to the voices and else and reading the manga, or directly reading the manga. It's one of the best, if not the best sports manga. Also I assume you like Gintama and this manga focuses quite a lot in comedy and serious moments just like Gintama. Overall I'd try reading the manga first if you have time, but yeah.
Jun 22, 2023 10:31 PM
Jun 2021
Akkey002 said:
Firstly I have yo say I haven't watched the movie, but I have read the manga and watched the anime. You could watch the movie but it will obviously spoil the manga for you. And also probably won't hit half as hard as for someone who read the manga, specially the end. I would recommend at least watching the first episode to get used to the voices and else and reading the manga, or directly reading the manga. It's one of the best, if not the best sports manga. Also I assume you like Gintama and this manga focuses quite a lot in comedy and serious moments just like Gintama. Overall I'd try reading the manga first if you have time, but yeah.

well if it's like gintama then all the more reason to love and watch it. thanks for your time and advice. will defo watch the movie and read the manga. thanks again
Jun 22, 2023 10:46 PM
Jan 2021
SakataGintoki420 said:
Akkey002 said:

well if it's like gintama then all the more reason to love and watch it. thanks for your time and advice. will defo watch the movie and read the manga. thanks again

Well I worded it poorly, it's kind of like Gintama in the sense that it focuses a lot on comedy early in the manga then switches to a more serious plot while maintaining a bit of comedy in there. But yeah, if I were you I'd watch the anime first or read the manga completely before watching the movie, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it either way.
Jun 22, 2023 10:49 PM
Jun 2021
Akkey002 said:
SakataGintoki420 said:

Well I worded it poorly, it's kind of like Gintama in the sense that it focuses a lot on comedy early in the manga then switches to a more serious plot while maintaining a bit of comedy in there. But yeah, if I were you I'd watch the anime first or read the manga completely before watching the movie, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it either way.

yeah I got it in the first instance. I doubt I will have time for the manga or the anime but gotta squeeze out time for it
Jun 22, 2023 10:55 PM
Jan 2021
SakataGintoki420 said:
Akkey002 said:

yeah I got it in the first instance. I doubt I will have time for the manga or the anime but gotta squeeze out time for it

You can also watch the movie first but take into account that the movie is pretty much the end of the manga. What I'd do (I just thought of it), and people may disagree, is watch the movie, then take your time and watch the anime ot read the manga, then watch the movie again once you've finished, and see if you have a different opinion on it, see what differences you can notice on how the movie felt before and after knowing the whole story.
Jun 28, 2023 11:50 PM
May 2022
so the Movie is releasing in India on 7th July and I'm deciding to give it a shot. You people seem to be of the opinion that I can watch it without watching anything else. Just wanted to confirm that. am I right? (sorry for bad English)
Jul 1, 2023 1:51 AM
Jul 2019
APDied said:
so the Movie is releasing in India on 7th July and I'm deciding to give it a shot. You people seem to be of the opinion that I can watch it without watching anything else. Just wanted to confirm that. am I right? (sorry for bad English)

You can but it just won’t hit as hard as actually knowing parts of the source material. You should definitely read the manga, it’s only 270 chapters and paced amazingly. As I said, you can finish the entire story in under a week if you can read fast. At least read up to chapter 192. 193-276 is adapted in the movie.
Taifu_15Jul 4, 2023 1:45 AM
Jul 7, 2023 1:46 AM
Nov 2018
I think you should read slam dunk first. It would be better that way. You can still enjoy the movie but it would spoil the experience if you decide to read the manga later.
I enjoyed the moviw tho
Jul 26, 2023 2:48 PM

Apr 2011
There's one thing that's not explained very well for newcomers:
Jul 26, 2023 11:25 PM
Jun 2021
IKKIsama said:
There's one thing that's not explained very well for newcomers:

Thanks for your help:)
Jul 30, 2023 12:08 AM

Nov 2020
Absolutely not, it's the final game. It's liking asking if you can start reading a book from the last 10%. You miss out on 250 some chapters worth of some of the best character development you'll ever see, phenomenal artwork, really great gags, and more.
Jul 30, 2023 12:19 AM
Jun 2021
SpacemanSpiff357 said:
Absolutely not, it's the final game. It's liking asking if you can start reading a book from the last 10%. You miss out on 250 some chapters worth of some of the best character development you'll ever see, phenomenal artwork, really great gags, and more.

Well if you say so. thanks :)
Aug 17, 2023 10:40 PM
Sep 2007
SpacemanSpiff357 said:

Someone who loves the series will of course say that, however I must say the movie is quite good as a standalone, in my opinion. So if you don't feel like spending days reading all the manga / watching the old series, you can definitely enjoy the movie and mostly understand what's going on.

I wasn't really interested in this anime ever, but I have a policy of going to every anime movie that gets released in my country, so I decided to go in the end. I found it quite the spectacle. The whole plot is introduced through flashbacks during this big final game and I think it works great. Does it skip some details and plot points because of that - for sure, otherwise it wouldn't fit timewise. You don't really need to familiarize yourself with any of the past story yourself. In fact one could argue that like half the movie would just become a recap of what you've read previously if you did that and it might just degrade the quality of the experience.
Oct 28, 2023 7:54 PM

Oct 2019
yesn't

you will enjoy the movie

but since it's the last match of the manga, you'll know the ending when potentially reading the manga later
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942

More topics from this board

Poll: » The First Slam Dunk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WeAllShineOn - Dec 3, 2022

65 by Ranxomare »»
Apr 23, 10:49 AM

» Blu-Ray when?

HusaynTV - Aug 14, 2023

9 by leftjoycon »»
Apr 2, 9:56 PM

» 『THE FIRST SLAM DUNK』Movie Blu-ray/DVD LIMITED EDITION + Standard Edition sold 234,764 copies in its first week

deg - Mar 5

5 by Otaku_4511 »»
Mar 14, 8:48 AM

» Confused

Cheggeronis - Aug 4, 2023

6 by giffica »»
Aug 4, 2023 8:36 PM

» What did you think about the ending of this movie? (spoilers in the thread)

bucciest - Jul 28, 2023

2 by SpacemanSpiff357 »»
Jul 30, 2023 12:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.