Forum Settings
Forums

Avast is warning me against use of MAL - what to do?

New
May 30, 2023 7:37 AM
May 2018
Hi!

I have some weird problem with this website and my antivirus, that I am experiencing for the very first time.

Today I logged into MAL to mark the new episode of Raeliana on my list. My antivirus (I am using the free version of Avast) has shown me the following message:

[There should be an attachment, but I seem unable to post it? Anyway, read further, please]

[It’s in Polish, but it basically says that the connection with MyAnimeList has been securely severed because the site is infected with HTML:Script-int[Susp] (whatever that is).]

I am not very skilled at using Avast, to be honest, so I cannot „override” this severed connection, but also I dunno if I wanna. I mean, there is a risk of a virus attacking my computer, right? But, because of the severed connection, I cannot load my anime list – which means that I cannot „bookmark” where I had finished with Raeliana : <

So, my question to you is this – are you absolutely sure there is nothing wrong with MAL? Because there is a risk that quite recently there has been a virus on your server? I mean, can I safely override Avast, or should I not?

Best wishes!

PS. I tried to search the forum for „antivirus”, but most topics were about computer general usage, not anything MAL related. What’s more, I do not seem to be able to use the forum in-built search engine, for some reason I couldn’t click the „search” button, I dunno why.

I hope I did not cause any ruckus… :(
May 30, 2023 8:18 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I got the same message too from my free version of Avast and it does that sometimes when I'm on here. You probably need to update your Avast antivirus software that will prompt you to restart your computer because that's what I did and I didn't get that trigger warning again.
May 30, 2023 9:05 AM
May 2018
Okay, I downloaded the newest version of Avast and the problem vanished - sorry for causing a commotion ;-)

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3372 by GARFIELDD666 »»
6 minutes ago

» I can't use forums using Windows High Contrast anymore

vasipi4946 - 1 hour ago

0 by vasipi4946 »»
1 hour ago

» [Reported] Username being auto-pasted into search bar

DariTheWeeb - Feb 19

49 by DeadPiles »»
4 hours ago

» IP ban glitch?

AverageRiceFan - Apr 21

2 by hich4n_ »»
10 hours ago

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

127 by Spunkert »»
Today, 6:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.