Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 29, 2023 5:38 AM

Mar 2022
Ive watched the OG Steins Gate and the OVA and wondering if i should watch this movie because it picks up after the OVA and seems interesting.

UPDATE: Ive watched the movie after much bantering. It's great, it's really great. That ending made me grin so much. :)
BeanieWaferzMay 30, 2023 9:57 AM
May 29, 2023 5:53 AM
Apr 2022
It's a decent movie but not canon. You don't have to watch it. But I think it's better to watch it after Steins;Gate 0 personally.
May 29, 2023 6:03 AM
Jul 2022
i dont know if its canon or not but i reccomend watching by the release order
also the movie was great
May 29, 2023 6:24 AM
Apr 2021
no, kinda ruined the experience tbh, pretty shit
May 29, 2023 6:29 AM
Jan 2021
i like this movie a lot.
so my answer is yes.
May 29, 2023 6:58 AM
Jun 2021
BeanieWaferz said:
Ive watched the OG Steins Gate and the OVA and wondering if i should watch this movie because it picks up after the OVA and seems interesting.

The movie is’t the best so it really up to you. But I recommend watching episode 23 beta and then steins gate 0. Whichbis an alternate route to the end of steinsgate.
May 29, 2023 7:10 AM

Dec 2021
SparCy said:
BeanieWaferz said:

The movie is’t the best so it really up to you. But I recommend watching episode 23 beta and then steins gate 0. Whichbis an alternate route to the end of steinsgate.

No. Steins;Gate is the true ending of the series. S;G0 is just the beta route to build the story.
May 29, 2023 7:20 AM

Jan 2017
BeanieWaferz said:

It's an extremely enjoyable Movie , in the lines of the OVA , definitely worth the watch.

It has been considered non-Canon since its release , because it violate the rules of time-travelling set in the original.
However , some Drama-CDs seems to indicate that it was just a misunderstanding , and that it really is Canon.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 29, 2023 7:50 AM
Jun 2021
Chronon said:
SparCy said:

No. Steins;Gate is the true ending of the series. S;G0 is just the beta route to build the story.

I know it is that why I said alternate???
May 29, 2023 7:58 AM

Jan 2017
SparCy said:
I know it is that why I said alternate???

The confusion comes from the fact that you said "Route" , when it's not the case at all.

As almost every Visual Novel , Steins;Gate have different Route , which ends differently.
0 is not one of them , it's an entire different story told in a different Visual Novel , which itself has multiples Routes.

You could have described 0 as an alternative worldline , and it would have been good.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
May 29, 2023 8:22 AM

May 2021
a little confusing,but overall a fine movie
May 29, 2023 8:55 AM
Jun 2020
BeanieWaferz said:

I watched it and I liked it, I thought the movie was very good
May 29, 2023 9:27 AM
Feb 2023
U should watch all of the eps ovas and movies in release order they are all connected...And why by release order? Because this is the order that the studio wants us to watch by
May 29, 2023 9:29 AM
Sep 2021
Meh, it completes the final story piece but breaks canon, so your choice
May 29, 2023 10:18 AM

Feb 2021
BeanieWaferz said:

The movie is good, and it is canon to the overall storyline of Steins;Gate. You should also go through the drama CDs, they'll clear things up.
May 29, 2023 10:21 AM

Feb 2020
BeanieWaferz said:

this one is a great movie!!

May 29, 2023 12:31 PM
Sep 2021
joshawatt360 said:
i like this movie a lot.
so my answer is yes.

Agreed. I loved this movie. And the OVA too!
May 29, 2023 1:38 PM
Jun 2021
great film, if you enjoyed the series go ahead and watch it
May 29, 2023 2:03 PM
Aug 2022
BeanieWaferz said:

yes if it's steins gate then watch every thing
May 29, 2023 3:58 PM
Apr 2021
Yes Sir! It’s not canon but It helps to understand better the main couple,this movie focus on the kurisu’s view(yes the events are not canon but it’s still how she would react)
May 29, 2023 6:11 PM
Jan 2019
Loved the movie, felt like a conclusion to the anime.
May 30, 2023 2:36 AM
Jun 2021
yes !!
watch this, its a very good movie and its canon (after the 24th episode and the OAV)
May 30, 2023 2:37 AM
Jun 2021
WeakerLink said:
It's a decent movie but not canon. You don't have to watch it. But I think it's better to watch it after Steins;Gate 0 personally.

its canon, where did you see that ?
May 30, 2023 8:17 AM
Feb 2022
o for sure you cant go wrong whit this
May 30, 2023 1:38 PM
Jan 2021
yeah (character limit)
May 31, 2023 1:21 AM
Jun 2022
Idk why everyone hates Steins Gate 0 and movie. I think boty are very good (not better than season 1)
May 31, 2023 1:21 AM
Jun 2022
Idk why everyone hates Steins Gate 0 and movie. I think boty are very good (not better than season 1)
May 31, 2023 2:00 AM

Jan 2017
Laaziri said:

Absolutely everyone thought it was non-Canon for years , because of how the R Wordline is active at the same time as the Steins;Gate one , which goes against the "Only 1 worldline can be active at a time" of the Original.

It's only because some obscure Drama-CDs got translated not too long ago that some started to realize that it's the comprehension of Suzuha which is wrong.
But most peoples still think it's not Canon.

TheGreatestPotat said:
Idk why everyone hates Steins Gate 0 and movie.

Steins;Gate 0 have a completely different tone , and is way slower.
More than half of the Anime straight up doesn't impact the story at all , the director didn't succeed in creating tensions and emotions in important scenes , and all female characters boobs grew way bigger , for some reasons.

As for the Movie , most peoples think it's not Canon , and it lost all the thriller aspect the Original had in the 2nd half , to replace it with a bittersweet Romantic story , so it does not please everyone , but it still is quite loved in the community.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
May 31, 2023 2:26 AM
Jun 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Laaziri said:

Absolutely everyone thought it was non-Canon for years , because of how the R Wordline is active at the same time as the Steins;Gate one , which goes against the "Only 1 worldline can be active at a time" of the Original.

It's only because some obscure Drama-CDs got translated not too long ago that some started to realize that it's the comprehension of Suzuha which is wrong.
But most peoples still think it's not Canon.

TheGreatestPotat said:
Idk why everyone hates Steins Gate 0 and movie.

Steins;Gate 0 have a completely different tone , and is way slower.
More than half of the Anime straight up doesn't impact the story at all , the director didn't succeed in creating tensions and emotions in important scenes , and all female characters boobs grew way bigger , for some reasons.

As for the Movie , most peoples think it's not Canon , and it lost all the thriller aspect the Original had in the 2nd half , to replace it with a bittersweet Romantic story , so it does not please everyone , but it still is quite loved in the community.

it isn't on the video game, but if you didn't play at video game and just watch the anime, we don't care if it's not canon since we won't have another game anyway.
so you can skip the film because you are told that it does not exist in video games despite the fact that you have never seen it or you can watch the film that concludes the series and just love

for Steins Gate 0, personaly I love this season, its incredible.
its a perfect second season which is very qualitative in addition to answering many questions
May 31, 2023 2:34 AM

Jan 2017
Laaziri said:
but if you didn't play at video game and just watch the anime, we don't care if it's not canon

Most peoples do care , for some reasons...

Laaziri said:
its a perfect second season which is very qualitative in addition to answering many questions

I also love 0 , but the Anime is very flawed.

And it didn't answered much questions aside from "How did Okabe came to make his theory about Steins;Gate ?".
I'd even say that you should have more questions (especially about Kagari) , since the Anime isn't even an adaptation of the Visual Novel , but one of the loop time-skipped in it.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
May 31, 2023 2:40 AM
Jun 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Laaziri said:
but if you didn't play at video game and just watch the anime, we don't care if it's not canon

Most peoples do care , for some reasons...

Laaziri said:

I also love 0 , but the Anime is very flawed.

And it didn't answered much questions aside from "How did Okabe came to make his theory about Steins;Gate ?".
I'd even say that you should have more questions (especially about Kagari) , since the Anime isn't even an adaptation of the Visual Novel , but one of the loop time-skipped in it.

its simple, there is ilimited universe line (in freench it is "ligne dunivers" translate in english, it is universe line, I dont know how they call this on the VA), so its existe a universe line where anyone dead.

if kurisu is dead, its because her dad kill her, if mayuri dead its because there is a D-mail who save kurisu.

So, if you save kurisu without D-mail, you can save kurisu and mayuri, so the fatality is Okabe who find the corpse of kurisu.
So for save her without D-mail, he just can kill her for fake.
May 31, 2023 2:50 AM

Jan 2017
Laaziri said:
its simple, there is ilimited universe line (in freench it is "ligne dunivers" translate in english, it is universe line, I dont know how they call this on the VA), so its existe a universe line where anyone dead.

if kurisu is dead, its because her dad kill her, if mayuri dead its because there is a D-mail who save kurisu.

So, if you save kurisu without D-mail, you can save kurisu and mayuri, so the fatality is Okabe who find the corpse of kurisu.
So for save her without D-mail, he just can kill her for fake.

Uh yeah , it's all explained in the Original...
But you should re-read my post , it has absolutely no relation to what i was saying.

And in English it's called Worldline , not Universe line. (And in Japanese it's Sekaisen.)
Edit : There is also Attractor Fields , in case you want to look at some theories/details.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Jun 1, 2023 7:29 PM

Aug 2020
If you’ve seen the ova then yeah u should watch the movie.
Jun 2, 2023 1:58 PM

May 2016
Anduinwrynn said:
Yes Sir! It’s not canon

WeakerLink said:

It's actually canon.

Alexioos95 said:
BeanieWaferz said:

It's an extremely enjoyable Movie , in the lines of the OVA , definitely worth the watch.

It has been considered non-Canon since its release , because it violate the rules of time-travelling set in the original.
However , some Drama-CDs seems to indicate that it was just a misunderstanding , and that it really is Canon.

Not just a Drama-CD, Anonymous;Code as well.

Also I find it funny that it is brought up that the "the movie is not in the novel", while the movie itself has more to do with the novel than the original anime adaptation... The movie references scenes which are not even present in the original adaptation, but they are in the original novel :) The creator of SciADV also said recently that the movie was a story which he really wanted to make.

As of today, there are literally 0 reasons to think that the movie is not canon.
-
Jun 2, 2023 2:00 PM

May 2016
Alexioos95 said:
And it didn't answered much questions aside from "How did Okabe came to make his theory about Steins;Gate ?"

But they literally did?
-
Jun 3, 2023 8:55 PM
May 2022
Release order worked for me, and it’s the one I’d recommend, but honestly either way is fine.
Jun 7, 2023 10:00 AM
Jul 2021
Yep, great addition.
Jun 8, 2023 5:48 PM
Jun 2019
YES 😉👍👍👍👍👍👍
Aug 26, 2023 10:46 AM
Nov 2018
Movie is canon, yes. Chaos;Head Noah Sena route, the Drama CD and I imagine Anonymous;Code all just prove that

More topics from this board

» Contrary to the popular belief, the Steins;Gate movie is canon (video)

SciADV_Maniac - Apr 21

11 by Spheromancer »»
Apr 25, 6:26 AM

» Canon?

mechian - Nov 7, 2013

13 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Apr 20, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2013

430 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 20, 2:45 AM

» Reason for kurisu's change of dress while meeting the younger okabe in the steins gate movie

Raajdeep - Jul 30, 2023

4 by Raajdeep »»
Jan 18, 6:00 PM

» Couldn't understand a scene

Raajdeep - Jul 30, 2023

14 by PeeBeeBoi »»
Aug 1, 2023 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.