Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 17, 2010 2:15 PM

Jun 2009

Reimeiroku - Hakuouki - Chapter of the Dawn
A brand new PS2 instalment to the Hakuouki storyline!
Even though it is not due out for release (in japan) until this september;
This new archive hopes to bring us more background information on how the shinsengumi
came to be through the eyes of Ibuki Ryuunosuke (Ikenami)

Official Site

more info will be added as it surfaces!
Sneak Preivew scans:

Translation of Quotes above:

Heisuke to himself:
いつか…… こういうことに慣れちまう日が来るのか……
I wonder... When will the day come, when I get used to this stuff...

Okita to Ryuunosuke:
弱いなぁ そんなんじゃすぐ死んじゃうよ
So weak. If you're weak, you'll die soon, you know.

Hijikata to himself:
俺はあんたに賭ける
I'm placing my bet on you.

Ryuunosuke to himself:
What warriors!? That's bullsh-t...

Sano to Ryuunosuke:
It's your way of life. You decide about it.

Shinpachi to Saitou:
てめぇ……全部わかってて俺を騙しやがったのか!
You bastard... You knew everything all along, and yet you deceived me!?
*Translated by Mirlaine

new:

-GundamCrazy-Oct 31, 2010 7:12 AM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 18, 2010 7:54 AM
Feb 2009
Here's a translation of the Ibuki Ryuunosuke profile along with some other game info.
Please let me know, if I mistranslated something.

May 18, 2010 8:01 AM

Oct 2008
o.o wow.... thank you SO much for translating that for us!!!! ;^; i feel so honoured >XD thank you!!!!

so it isnt a love game :3 yey!! X3 as long as it has our fave shinsengumi in it, i'm not complaining X3

"scary thing is oni instinct''
May 18, 2010 8:11 AM
Feb 2009
No problem ;3 I'll translate some more when I have the time, right now I have something else on the agenda...
May 30, 2010 3:10 AM
Feb 2009
Okay, everyone sure knows it by now, but! Tomokazu Seki will be voicing Ibuki!

Lol, after reading the article in the last BsLog I can't help wondering what kind of game it will be :3 I mean... FRIENDSHIP POINTS!? And why can't you be friends with Shinpachi! DX

Anyways, I'm gonna love Ibuki/Okita :3 Okita doesn't go easy on him, lol XD And Ibuki's only 16, wow! :D
May 30, 2010 3:27 AM

Oct 2008
hehehehe it sounds like its turned into the HaruKanaru games XDDDDD

i'm SO stalking toshi, TOSHIII BE MA FRIEND!!!! XDDDDDDD
"dameda", demo!!!! ;^;

Seki tomokazu gets everywhere X3 if i didnt love him, he'd drive me mad XD
but he suits ibuki's attatude X3 so i dont mind!

pity about shinpachi tho ;^;

May 30, 2010 3:37 AM
Feb 2009
HaruKanaru? What does it mean?

Maa naa. I mean... when there's enough LOVE between you and your eranda otoko KISSING happens, so when there's enough FRIENDSHIP between you and your nakama, then...? Sake drinking till your dead drunk...?
May 30, 2010 3:46 AM

Oct 2008
otome game called Harukanaru Toki no Naka de (i love them as they also have Miki-sama in them >X3) but they have the friendship points in them (come to think of it, so do a few of the new gundam games.....hmm)

D: *is in shock* its too early mir-chan, XDDDDDDDDDDDDD please dont put images like that in my head XDDD i havent even had anything to eat yet ;^;

*na toshi* *ah* *i only want to be friends* *stay away from me* XDDDDDD

May 30, 2010 3:50 AM
Feb 2009
Oh GC-fukuchou! X3 What are you thinking...? I've said sake drinking... Could it be that you've thought of sake mouth-to-mouth drinking...? XDDDD Oh, you!
May 30, 2010 3:57 AM

Oct 2008
My once grand reputation is now in tatters XDDDDD

i'm going back to bed before i dig myself any deeper XDD

either way, friendship points (ONLY) i dont mind XD i've seen a scan that shows a girl, is she the new "love icon"? or is she a he? (i question anyone in a kimono now XD)

May 30, 2010 4:48 AM
Feb 2009
Dunno about the girl, too much kanji to make me read what is her part about -w-
May 30, 2010 8:05 AM

Oct 2008
i heard somwhere that Ibuki might die at the end of the game, but if this is a role playing game (rather then otome game)

then instead of you changing thier paths (i.e saving toshi fom dying by staking him) then maybe they change your path? seeing as your playing the chracter who has all the issues (Ibuki sounds like he has a lot of issues X3)

it'd make more sence, well unless your right about the sake bit at the end XD
(i can see what you meant now..... i have a bad habbit of skim reading.. and well.. it gets in me into trouble ;^;)

May 31, 2010 10:06 AM
Feb 2009
I think he will rather leave the Shinsengumi to find his jibun jishin. Now that would be a typical otome game!

About the girl... Geh, I'm not going to translate her part literally nor all of it, but it goes like this: A girl who resides in one of Kyoto's red light district geisha houses. Graceful, but strong at heart. Awakens a light feeling of love in Ryuunosuke. It's a heroine for Ryuunosuke. Route-wise, there's a possibility he falls in love with her. She speaks like geisha!Kimigiku D:

Random Reimeiroku spoilers:

- Depending on your choices, the story will change. It's a full voice adventure. It branches into the multiple endings. In the second half you will be able to choose an individual route with a partner with the highest friendship level.

- Ryuunosuke's mother passes away due to an illness. While he's heading aimlessly to the capital, he gets robbed, loses his money and then comes across Serizawa Kamo who proceeds to the capital together with Roushigumi. Serizawa picks him up and Ryuunosuke is later forced to move around together with Shinsengumi.

- Serizawa stays long in the red-light district and Hijikata gives him a candid advice. Serizawa's mood becomes bad and he hits Hijikata very hard with his favourite silver-colored folding fan. However even though the fan was swung downward, the Hijikata before his eyes stood still. Hijikata stares at him and his face expression remains unchanged. Seeing this, Serizawa narrowed his eyes, amused. (Hence the glaring!Toshi CG.)

- from Ibuki interview: What do you think of Okita Souji?
If I were to summarize it in one word, I would say he's nasty/creepy. Rather than that, I would like him to stop inviting me to sword training sessions and then beating me up!

- from Ibuki interview: What do you think of Nagakura Shinpachi?
Fencing idiot. It's the first time I've seen a two-sworded samurai who hasn't got a topknot. I would like him to stop making me accompany him in sake drinking.

- from Ibuki interview: What do you think of Saitou Hajime?
Reticent and introverted. He doesn't talk much, so I don't really know.
May 31, 2010 11:02 AM

Oct 2008
wow, argiatou na!!! i never thought you'd translate everything,but thank you SO much!!!! ^_^ i quite like the idea of a diffrent style of otome-route game, but it'll be a little sad, seeing as theres no romance ;^; but all the new CG's and character background, as well as muliple endings makes up for it X3 i'm really tempted to put in a pre-order...... might wait untill the price drops a little, it might, seeing as its released after summer ^^ (well, i can hope lol)

Jun 1, 2010 2:41 AM
Feb 2009
Haha XD But this isn't everything! I've just translated random bits I found interesting XDDDD Ibuki's just kawaii!! :3 Sano doesn't like Ibuki's way of speaking (Ibuki's kinda rude and rebellious, you know :>) and tells it Ibuki on the very first occasion, then in the interview when Ibuki's asked what does he think of Sano, he says that he's probably not a bad guy, and that he seems to be popular among girls for some reason and then Ibuki says "it's not that I'm jealous or anything!" ;w; DAAAAW!
Jun 1, 2010 2:49 AM

Oct 2008
heheh why do i get the feeling okitas got a rival now ^~

but awwwwww he's so cute!!!! XD he's 16 didnt you say? looks a lot older, but they've definetly captured the atatude fo a 16 yer old all right X3
i'm glad they got Seki tomokazu to voice him, as i had a fear they'd use Suzumura, Kenichi! they both do great "teen" voices, but only seki can pull of a mature teen lol XD well in Ibuki's case, a not-so-mature teen XDD (well i can image Ibuki becoming quite aggresive when his back is pressed agasnt a wall! so thats another thing i'm glad they chose Tomokazu for as he voice is perfect for that! X3) kyaa i can't wait!

what does he say about toshi?? (i love what he says about okita XD you werent kidding when you said okitas a tough one to win round!)

Jun 1, 2010 2:57 AM
Feb 2009
Okita's good at handling kids and oni-fukuchous, so I doubt Ibuki turns out to be a worthy rival ;3

Yesssssss, Ibuki's sixteen XDDD Mmmmm!
I don't know about Tomokazu , I don't remember any of his roles, he did Van though and I really liked that character, so it should be okay?

Aaaah, I don't see the kanji clearly in his "what do you think of Hijikata Toshizou?" answer, nor do I really get it... I'll try later though, because you ask :) Wish me luck!
Jun 1, 2010 3:32 AM

Oct 2008
i know Tomokazu becuase he's in nearly every gundam series XD come to think about it, there isnt many series out there without him in it (as he's considered a genius VA by the japanese XD)

its ok if you can't read what it says about toshi X3 i got the feeling he admires him as in one fo the posters he says "i wanted to be just like you" ;^; aww
but thank you very much for trying X3 i wish you lots of luck as i'm really curious XD

heheh your right about okita XD i think Ibuki will be the one crying in a corner by the end of the game XDD now thats friendship! XD there scene together will probabaly be around okitas mini-minons XD

Jun 1, 2010 11:27 AM
Feb 2009
Nu-uh, not quite GC ;D

Okay, I've finally figured out the kanji, so here'e a translation for you, GC:

What do you think of Hijikata Toshizou?
Sharp mind, a man who rarely shows his emotions... Somehow, when he faced Serizawa-san, I felt a great amount of hostility coming from him. I wonder if something happened between them? Also, he's looks like an actor. A handsome man.

And I forgot to mention that the girl's name is Kosuzu (the kanji in her name read "little bell").

Other random questions from the interview:
What happens after you came to the Shinsengumi?
Okita said "Let's pratice fencing together" and beat me up, Harada said "I don't like the way you're speaking" and hit me, Serizawa-san beat me with his silver fan, Niimi-san told me some sarcastic words... This is all that comes to my mind!!

What do you think of Todou Heisuke?
Among the soldiers, he's the one easy to talk to, I think. Compared to other soldiers, he's got more common sense.

What do you think of Kosuzu?
She's got a cute face, but... Occasionally she states her opinion to Serizawa-san in a very direct way. A daredevil girl.

What is the thing you would like to do the most right now?
At any rate, I want to cut my bonds with Serizawa-san as soon as possible and leave this place.

Also, to GC & StarRisa, I'm 100% sure the main character's name is Ibuki Ryuunosuke and not Inukami. You might want to change the first post to avoid more confusion? I've saw that someone made a club for Inukami Ryuunosuke :3
Jun 1, 2010 12:03 PM
Feb 2009
Jun 1, 2010 5:21 PM

Oct 2008
thank you SO much for translating toshis part X3
i think if i buy it (which is pretty much garenteed lol) then i'll just toshis route to death X3

i dont know about you, but that "little bell" girl, sounds rather annoying XD lets pray to god that she isnt just kimigiku >_<
-GundamCrazy-Jun 1, 2010 5:26 PM

Jun 2, 2010 12:26 AM
Feb 2009
I dunno. 2ch went crazy over if she's for Ibuki's personal use or if she's for all soldier's use -u-;;

Ah... I've remebered that there was somthing that bothered me in your reply, GC, and now I think I know what it was - the quote translations...

Now, I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I think some of the quote translations are somewhat/quite off? Nee...? Here's what I think (I added kanji where they're needed, as the scans are rather blurry):

Heisuke to himself:
いつか…… こういうことに慣れちまう日が来るのか……
I wonder... When will the day come, when I get used to this stuff...

Okita to Ryuunosuke:
弱いなぁ そんなんじゃすぐ死んじゃうよ
So weak. If you're weak, you'll die soon, you know.

Hijikata to himself:
俺はあんたに賭ける
I'm placing my bet on you.

Ryuunosuke to himself:
What warriors!? That's bullsh-t...

Sano to Ryuunosuke:
It's your way of life. You decide about it.

Shinpachi to Saitou:
てめぇ……全部わかってて俺を騙しやがったのか!
You bastard... You knew everything all along, and yet you deceived me!?

Also... Why (Ikenami) ???
Jun 2, 2010 2:48 AM

Oct 2008
i'll change them. arigatou na, as everyone knows, kanji aren't my strong point, so i'm not really surprised there wrong. ^^

(Ikenami) is there just for reference, i don’t know where that name came from, so instead of deleting it, just incase it becomes necessary i've left it.

i see 2ch is still alive and healthy.

-GundamCrazy-Jun 2, 2010 3:43 AM

Jun 2, 2010 3:58 AM
Feb 2009
Mattaku! You make it sound like 2ch was dead at some point -u-;; If you ignore all the insults, it's quite fun to read actually.

A sample of 2ch humor:
( This took place when they learned about Okita bokoboko-ni-suru'ing Ryuunosuke -u-;; bokoboko-ni-suru means "beat up" )

Jun 2, 2010 10:56 AM

Oct 2008
heh, its a British quote for saying "still up the same usual "healthy" activities" (i.e talking about lowbrow things like "personal use" lol) not that i mean it was dead, infact, it means the opposite ^~V

love the cat boxing! though I couldn’t see Okita as a fist-fighter somehow X3 lol (tho it makes the point clear that okita won the fight X3)
they should be holding swords instead X3 tho it'd prob look a lot more violent.... D:

Jun 2, 2010 11:24 AM
Feb 2009
Uh... I know? But I was refering to the "still" in your reply, but? I understand English perfectly, including the nuances and hidden meanings, you don't need to worry ;D Unless you write in old English, that is ^^;;

The thread about Reimeiroku is full of fun :D
Jun 3, 2010 4:13 PM

Oct 2008
ah, the only downside to english, is that it can sound to blunt somtimes, gomen na ^^;;

lol but if i could figure out how to run around 2ch, id probabaly get absorbed in the madness too XD so its probabaly a good thing that its like a maze to me X3

Jun 4, 2010 12:55 AM
Feb 2009
It is not a maze -u- Google the japanese for reimeiroku and add "2ch" and you should find it...? Nihongo and some japanese trivia is necessary to understand all the fun though...

It's been decided that Ryuunosuke's a tsundere -u-;;
Jun 4, 2010 5:53 AM

Oct 2008
EHHH??? XD how did they come to that conclusion???

and T_T... didnt think of doing that...... *hangs head in shame* X3

Jun 4, 2010 10:06 AM
Feb 2009
Mainly because of the interview and the various articles :3 I'm surprised you didn't notice it! I think Ryuunosuke's a tsundere too! To me it seems very obvious... -u- He's so rebellious and rude on the outside, but has a soft side too. An epitome of tsundere!

The original Hakuouki series doesn't have a tsundere chara, I think?

Souji - playful, devilish, spoilt-brat type
Hijikata - beautful rose with thorns, grizzly bear type
Heisuke - yankee, gentle, innocent boya type
Saitou - gloomy, taciturn, butler-like type
Sano - simple, kind, adult-like type
Shinpachi - manly man type
Sannan - crazy yandere type

I think Heisuke and Saitou are really close to the tsundere types as both have a soft side, but Saitou lacks the obligatory rudeness and is somewhat a subdued chara and Heisuke's openly kind. Heisuke's character is very similar to Ryuunosuke's, but Heisuke lacks the spirit of defiance.
Jun 6, 2010 2:16 AM
Feb 2009
Forgot about this!

DAAAAW ;w; Ryuu!
*snatches the leash away from Serizawa*
Jun 6, 2010 4:08 AM

Oct 2008
KAWAII!!!!!!! but the rope T_T awww he's not a gaisha!!!!! wait, i was meant to say slave >_> i mean Ryuu isnt "bought" by Ojisan is he? XD (i cannot remember his name to save my life T_T;;; i'm gona have to give him a nickname.....)

wait...... *looks up* serizawa???... *bangs head on desk repeatedly* you wrote it RIGHT in front of me and i still didnt notice T_T aw mou!!!!!

fine i shall call him Seri-chan XD

but toshi as a grizzly bear type???? XD
i prefer beautful rose with thorns X3 but your pretty good at personality profiling!

as for not realising Ryuu was a tsundere, i wasnt to sure of its definition (i've only heard it a few times and that was on Bakemonogatari D:) so i figured it was only used for females lol XDDDDD
-GundamCrazy-Jun 6, 2010 4:11 AM

Jun 6, 2010 7:49 AM
Feb 2009
SERIZAWA KAMO!
Btw, kamo means "duck" from what remember, funny name the oji-san has :3 Let's call him Duck-san?

-u-;; Tsundere is for both males and females.
Jun 6, 2010 8:31 AM

Oct 2008
Kamo? X3 suits him!

ok, duck-san it is! (tho i like seri-chan XD)

I knew Tsundere was for both genders >_> i knew that from the start... honest!!

I’m taking there’s only one "love" route in Dawn-of na?
Would you play that route?
I dont think i will, she looks the annoying kimigiku-type. plus (in a non-romance way!!) Ryuu looks more like a mans-man X3

i still wonder why he isn’t in the Shinsengumi though a few years later...
ne Mir-cha, you like him ne?
Does he feel/sound/act like the "fighting type" i mean, he the righteous type that "wont" stop fighting, or the type that would rather not fight?

just wondering its just a possibility that he leaves the battlefield and that’s why he isn’t in the Shinsengumi years later...

Jun 6, 2010 8:41 AM
Feb 2009
He's an original chara, that's why he's not present later.
It's not like Otomate knew in 2008 that Hakuouki is going to be a great hit.

I don't think it's a love route, I expect it to be rather some kind of "normal" route.
Yes, GC, I like him :3 No, he's the rebellious one, not respecting the rules, young and inexperienced.
Jun 6, 2010 9:41 AM
Feb 2009
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! XD

Jun 10, 2010 1:06 AM
Feb 2009
Ah, I missed it in the original, because the scan was so blurry...
In that Hijikata CG, there's someone standing in front of him. It's definately Kondou! I realized this when I saw the trailer movie :) So the line: "I'm placing my bet on you" is probably addressed to Kondou.
Jun 11, 2010 7:43 AM
Feb 2009
*spams*

They've just posted it at Otomate staff blog:
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/5585/hakureikosuzuthumb500x4.jpg
It's Kosuzu! Ryuu's destined love!
Jun 11, 2010 7:55 AM

Oct 2008
yey finally a love route... pity i wont take it lol >XD
well.. i might, it depends how annoying her voice is >_< if its anything like kimigiku, then i shall avoid her route ^^

thank you for the info X3

Jun 11, 2010 7:57 AM
Feb 2009
She has the weird accent. But I don't care :D
I'm gonna take the bokoboko route with Okita XD
Jun 11, 2010 8:04 AM

Oct 2008
heheh your just happy that you'll hear Ryuu going all mushy towards the end of his route XD

but okitas route sounds the most entertaining X3
does he actually make a habit of beating him up tho?
or is it just the once? XD

Jun 11, 2010 8:13 AM
Feb 2009
No, I'm happy that Okita will have to confront someone openly rude :DDDD Ryuu will suffer, but...

The way Ryuu says it, it's more like Okita's habit. And Okita does beat up people quite often and just for fun in the original series. I don't know if I remember correctly, but there's a mention of soldiers running away from dojo, when he shows up.
Jun 11, 2010 9:36 AM
Feb 2009
Lo and behold!
Recent loot from 2ch!
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/55/vlanime023607.jpg
daaaaaaaw ;w; Ryuu-chan! Don't make me fall for you even more~
Jun 11, 2010 9:45 AM

Oct 2008
makes you wonder what he was doing in that scene for sano to look at him like that XD

*wonders if sano has competition*

After toshis route, i'm DEF playing okitas! if he makes a habit of beating Ryuu up, then it sounds too entertaining to miss XDDD

*fight back ryuu!!!!* XD

Jun 11, 2010 11:47 AM
Feb 2009
Ahahahaha XD
I think Toshi took that "Become an oni" line too seriously...
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4420/o0480085410586622195yyy.jpg
^ poster from yesterdays GS
Jun 11, 2010 11:53 AM

Apr 2010
Hijikata looks hot in that poster...heck...all of them do. XDDDDDDDDDDD
Jun 11, 2010 11:58 AM
Feb 2009
IYA! SOUJI'S THE HOTTEST!

XD
MirlaineJun 12, 2010 2:45 AM
Jun 11, 2010 12:02 PM

Apr 2010
NUR UR!!! SAITO'S THE HOTTEST! XDDDD
Jun 11, 2010 12:45 PM

Oct 2008
Gomen na futari domo, but heheh your both wrong, Saitou and Okita are cute lol but Toshi’s is the hottest XDDDDDD
But thank you SO much for the scan Mir-chan!!!!!!! *worships* XDDDDDDD
i wants to play Dawn of now!!!! ;^; but sep feels so far away ~_~

I like it how they even added the red braid around the Oni mask around his neck X3 apparently he used to have a red braid around his war-mask in battle in real-life, so I’m quite happy to see they added it >XD *is to far gone* XD

As for the quote, "detestable"??? tho, >_> lol bit of a harsh word ne?!
Passionate maybe lol (even if it was to arrest himself, which he would do XD) but detestable still sounds a bit much X3

maybe there jealous of his manliness XDDDDD

-GundamCrazy-Jun 11, 2010 12:52 PM

Jun 12, 2010 1:22 AM
Feb 2009
Ah, forgive me GC! I totally messed up that quote! DDDDDX There was no word of him being detestable, I mistranslated that completely...
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Drama CDs - Referance list and information

StarRisa - May 4, 2010

39 by -GundamCrazy- »»
Apr 4, 2017 1:39 AM

» How to make your own Shinsengumi Haori

-GundamCrazy- - Nov 22, 2010

10 by -GundamCrazy- »»
Jul 17, 2015 4:07 AM

» Hakuouki Goodies

StarRisa - May 4, 2010

4 by xRebirthofRosax »»
Jan 15, 2013 6:33 PM

» Musouroku CG

-GundamCrazy- - Sep 27, 2012

0 by -GundamCrazy- »»
Sep 27, 2012 2:14 AM

» Hakuouki released in the US

harari24 - Jul 9, 2011

0 by harari24 »»
Jul 9, 2011 8:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.