Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 13, 2023 8:17 PM
Jun 2021
Collins89 said:
Also all the people trying to use modern moral standards to justify the killing of snakes men is ludicrous.

Is slavery bad - yes to me it was bad then and now
But am I gonna blame these people for upholding the laws of their times and think it's ok they died for that no.

I can understand killing his abusive owners just cause I know I'd wanna do that. But snakes men are just security guards working a beat. They didn't ask for this guy to enter the farm they are guarding, they weren't the ones that enslaved him or abused him as a slave, they are just guys trying to stop a threat to all the innocent people living on the farm.

If a drug dealer now is selling crack to a bunch of people and the police try to stop him and he kills 6 cops while trying to escape we would think that's not good and be on the cops side.
But say 1000 years from now all drugs are legal and drug dealers are just doing a job that's protected by the law and perfectly normal. If someone from the future heard my scenario above and goes oh well the cops deserved to die cause they we're trying to shut down that man's business and take food out of his family's mouth and destroy his life......that would be the same thing. They are judging something by their current societal norms.

This is called Presentism!
this sums it up perfectly man ...people trying to shove current moral standards to a show set in medieval times is so ridiculous.

I Don't think there's a right side but when you look it in a different perspective, thorfinn and einer are just going against a master who guarantees them their freedom back which might be bare minimum if you consider present times but in the times the show is set it's the kindest thing to do when slavery was a common thing and slaves were treated much harshly. And snake's men were just killed when doing their job I mean they weren't the ones who enslaved garder.
May 19, 2023 6:52 PM

Oct 2013
Struggler-kun said:
Collins89 said:
Also all the people trying to use modern moral standards to justify the killing of snakes men is ludicrous.

Is slavery bad - yes to me it was bad then and now
But am I gonna blame these people for upholding the laws of their times and think it's ok they died for that no.

I can understand killing his abusive owners just cause I know I'd wanna do that. But snakes men are just security guards working a beat. They didn't ask for this guy to enter the farm they are guarding, they weren't the ones that enslaved him or abused him as a slave, they are just guys trying to stop a threat to all the innocent people living on the farm.

If a drug dealer now is selling crack to a bunch of people and the police try to stop him and he kills 6 cops while trying to escape we would think that's not good and be on the cops side.
But say 1000 years from now all drugs are legal and drug dealers are just doing a job that's protected by the law and perfectly normal. If someone from the future heard my scenario above and goes oh well the cops deserved to die cause they we're trying to shut down that man's business and take food out of his family's mouth and destroy his life......that would be the same thing. They are judging something by their current societal norms.

This is called Presentism!
this sums it up perfectly man ...people trying to shove current moral standards to a show set in medieval times is so ridiculous.

I Don't think there's a right side but when you look it in a different perspective, thorfinn and einer are just going against a master who guarantees them their freedom back which might be bare minimum if you consider present times but in the times the show is set it's the kindest thing to do when slavery was a common thing and slaves were treated much harshly. And snake's men were just killed when doing their job I mean they weren't the ones who enslaved garder.

yeah people all wanna be moralists in 2023......let's see how and what you do in 800AD while growing up in Scandinavia.......fucking dumb, they'd all be Abraham Lincoln apparently! lol

at least you get it bro...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Thorfin a pushover?

Superninjaboy2 - Apr 27

44 by Koustubh »»
Apr 30, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

285 by OrganikPatates »»
Apr 30, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2023

380 by __Klavier__ »»
Apr 30, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

487 by ItachiSanStatus »»
Apr 29, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2023

195 by Loli_Ancap »»
Apr 28, 5:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.