Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 3, 2023 9:23 PM
Jan 2021
In the beginning of the Movie the girl got a curse spelled on her that makes her old, but throught the movie she literally goes back to her younger self and says nothing of it.. and the people say nothing of it either, am i missing something??
Apr 3, 2023 10:07 PM
Feb 2022
Sophie’s old woman form is a representation of how she sees herself and is a sign of her mental state. In the beginning of movie she see’s herself as ugly and useless and unlovable. As the story goes on she begins to fall in love with not only Howl but herself. Whenever she feels passionate and full of love for herself and others she starts to look young again. Howl doesn’t mention it because I think he largely doesn’t care at the beginning of the movie because he’s too self-centered. Of course he knows about the curse the whole time and knows that it can be broken through the power of love and since Sophie gets better and better overtime I think he just lets the curse sort itself out.
Apr 3, 2023 11:34 PM
Nov 2021
AppIe_Jacks said:
Sophie’s old woman form is a representation of how she sees herself and is a sign of her mental state. In the beginning of movie she see’s herself as ugly and useless and unlovable. As the story goes on she begins to fall in love with not only Howl but herself. Whenever she feels passionate and full of love for herself and others she starts to look young again. Howl doesn’t mention it because I think he largely doesn’t care at the beginning of the movie because he’s too self-centered. Of course he knows about the curse the whole time and knows that it can be broken through the power of love and since Sophie gets better and better overtime I think he just lets the curse sort itself out.

thanks buddy! although that "scarecrow's" story was untold till last
Apr 4, 2023 7:46 AM
Jan 2023
AppIe_Jacks said:

thank u for the explanation. I imagined it was something like this, but i wasn't sure. So you also "disconfused" me hahahaha
Apr 4, 2023 11:44 AM
Sep 2021
Lol, all Ghibli films are confusing to an extent.
Apr 5, 2023 6:03 AM
Jul 2021
when I saw it for first time:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Howl no Ugoku Shiro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cele - Dec 3, 2009

164 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 22, 11:00 PM

» Can someone explain why Sophie felt the need to destroy Howl's Castle?

Golden_Cheese - May 29, 2023

10 by voltaxx123 »»
Jan 22, 11:21 AM

» How was Sophie able to venture into Howl's past? Why did that black door appear?

Golden_Cheese - May 30, 2023

5 by namazuFish »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:29 AM

» Is it because of the animation?

Bogenvilia - Jan 12, 2022

31 by Asudox »»
Oct 7, 2022 1:51 PM

» Favorite Character?

Pitrocks14 - Jun 26, 2010

17 by BirthdayBeyond »»
Aug 27, 2022 10:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.