Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 17, 2023 6:33 AM

Sep 2015
Kami78x said:
I was okay, but wayyyyy more singing than I thought it was gonna be. The hype around it really made no sense

Are you serious? I was 100% expecting this to be musical, because its shows in the advertisement and market for it....

If anything, there wasn't even much music, because 20-30 minutes of it has exposition........ And music is played as actions happened, not sure what the issue is.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Mar 17, 2023 6:38 AM

Sep 2015
EndlessMaria said:
CluelessDexter said:
Have you seen Stampede tho
Stampede is by far the best one. It stayed true to the themes of One Piece.

LOL not even close, are you serious? It stayed even further away, its no where like Film Z, and Strong world that stayed true to the closest source material.....

The writing for Stampede is so goddamn flat, you get every single character randomly, like 500 hundred of them, put in one island with no great purposes, ruined by its hyper pacing that makes you care less about them. And Ann could've been removed from the movie with ZERO consequences, the ending of it just for her existence was straight up stupid.

The plot is also so contrived for an antagonist that is so dull and boring, connection is recycled. None of the action nor bloated characters had meaning to the fight.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Mar 17, 2023 1:10 PM

Jul 2007
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Had you even watched this at theaters though? The music hits so different in the auditoriums with the 7.1 surround dolby atmos speakers, that plays out the music so differently from each speakers. It's not the same as watching it from screen where it sounds flat.  The 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th music that played were so engaging and immersive at theaters. I don't know what you are talking about AND ITS LITERALLY MARKETED FOR MUSIC, pay attention. This is new and different thing that the director of code geass has planned and made.

And are you forgetting WCI had disney style music too?
This is the stupidest post I have read here. I could watch the movie on a phone and it wouldn't make it any better or worse.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Mar 17, 2023 7:07 PM

Sep 2015
EndlessMaria said:
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Had you even watched this at theaters though? The music hits so different in the auditoriums with the 7.1 surround dolby atmos speakers, that plays out the music so differently from each speakers. It's not the same as watching it from screen where it sounds flat.  The 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th music that played were so engaging and immersive at theaters. I don't know what you are talking about AND ITS LITERALLY MARKETED FOR MUSIC, pay attention. This is new and different thing that the director of code geass has planned and made.

And are you forgetting WCI had disney style music too?
This is the stupidest post I have read here. I could watch the movie on a phone and it wouldn't make it any better or worse.

EXCEPT, phones don't have the special surround speakers, why are you comparing it to that?......You call me "stupid" despite that I read, listened and researched peoples opinion and the special speakers experience on this, and have asked cast members, managers, and I myself with ACTUAL theater experience on this, while bringing up something that has not mentioned in this thread yet. Alright I admit maybe I should've toned it down with my previous post.

Could you even bother elaborating why you think that as you insult me? Because the type of technology(dolby atmos) that the auditoriums uses is true, its a perfect fit for Film Red, I did not make this up, The output for each speakers are different, the sound quality, and volume for each of them. And I am taking my time explaining this to you, just to wind up being insulted??? Because to me you think this information is bogus, when its NOT.

You have zero proof to tell me that its the same, when I had experienced it both differently. You're making an assumption.

I liked the song experience at theaters so much, I watched it multiple times.

The directing for the musics were immaculate. How come I don't see you complain about the exposition and the plot instead? Those needs complaining.

AhriTheS3xyFoxMar 18, 2023 7:43 AM

Mar 17, 2023 7:58 PM

Sep 2020
I started watching it today. I couldn't finish it in one sitting, it's so bad. I'm actually in shock.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Mar 18, 2023 7:45 AM

Sep 2015
samsince04 said:
I started watching it today. I couldn't finish it in one sitting, it's so bad. I'm actually in shock.

It's meant to be a theater experience because of the songs with the special speakers... its not the same as watching it from PC. The songs hit way harder and differently at theaters.

Read up on what other people say, the theater experience is way different. Wheras the songs through your PC sounds so flat and non-immersive, when I listened to both of them.

Mar 18, 2023 1:29 PM

Sep 2015
@EndlessMaria

Still waiting on your explanation on why you think my post was stupid.

I mentioned the speakers, and the features it provides, on why its a complete different experience at theaters for Film Red, and thats ONLY for Film red, other OP movies won't work.

Read up on the reviews, IMDB, and youtube comments, related to the Film red songs and tralier, and I guarantee you, they will say the same thing as I do.

Mar 18, 2023 5:56 PM
Dec 2008
samsince04 said:

That's fine, some people have different preferences (or just bad taste). In any case, I think the movie is pretty good. 

Certainly, having a good setup such as in a live theater sound system helps to enhance the experience, but I still doubt you'd like it in that context given your reaction seems so...against the whole idea. Which suggests it really wouldn't work for you either way.
Mar 22, 2023 8:32 PM

Feb 2014
EndlessMaria said:
CluelessDexter said:
That is a weird way to spell Strong World and Z, Zephyr being the best antagonist from One Piece films.

Bruh_epic said:
I’ve only seen gold, strong world, stampede, z, and red. Red is my 3rd favorite. All of them are good so idk which is the worst.
Gold is the worst One Piece film I've watched.

Ravord2 said:
no, stampede is worse than this
G_Spark233 said:
Stampede was definitely worse. The fight against the giant was a chore in the movie.
Not a fan of Stampede, but Red is definitely worse than that.
Mar 24, 2023 5:18 AM
Nov 2020
this is the best content one piece had in like 16 years or so. All this thanks to Ado.
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

Apr 21, 2023 10:05 PM

May 2016
Theo1899 said:
It's the second best Macross movie of the 2020s.
For real though lol
Jun 16, 2023 11:54 AM
Mar 2010
Don't you mean film gold or one of the earlier ones?
Jun 18, 2023 10:40 PM
Sep 2015
Haven't seen the old movies but stampede was far the worst one piece movie I've seen. At least this one somewhat had a story
Aug 6, 2023 4:29 AM
Jul 2023
Don't understand the hate for film Red, stampede is worse, film red is a great film really fun and songs were perfect.
Aug 29, 2023 1:45 AM
Nov 2020
EndlessMaria said:
CluelessDexter said:
What? Stampede's wasn't that bad but it didn't stop being a fan service trying to get a lot of characters together and make them fight and forcing interactions, as well as a basic villain. In that of Film Red it deals better with the themes of Good and Bad they are well portrayed like this theme that One Piece deals with. An interesting and unique antagonist and he respects the personality of the characters as well as their interactions. The development of UTA throughout the movie was interesting and how it relates significantly to Luffy and Shanks. And the ending was emotional and artistic. And finally the images of how the characters around the One Piece world follow their lives just like Oda does in the cover stories while listening to UTA. One of the best One Piece movies that does not focus only on combat and the account of different and artistic way.
Aug 29, 2023 2:26 AM
Nov 2020
ReinhardVonMusel said:
Madoka scene was too long, after finishing it I almost gave it a 7 on Art alone though, it was beautiful. But it sucked anyway so I gave it a 4.
copperfield said:
Theo1899 said:
It's the second best Macross movie of the 2020s.
XD

yeah I guess is like Macross, is musical after all not OP thing...

As a musical I guess is alright, I liked the music.

But certainly is wasn't worth ruining the end of Wano just to put Shanks there at last moment just to sell the movie that isn't even for him but for this nothing character that they recon into luffy and Shank past I we are suppose to buy just because...
Shanks in the movie gives us a closer look at what he has in the anime, giving him more nuances. Clearly Shanks and Luffy can't interact directly since it's reserved for the anime However, it gives us a preview of the personality and the possibility of how it would be with Luffy remembering that in the series Shanks is currently between being a villain or a hero for Luffy and here is a possible scenario thanks to UTA there are also brief parallels to Shanks's past when he was taken in by Roger. There are also parallels between Shanks and his crew with Luffy's, especially Yasopp with Usopp and the potential with his observation haki. Shanks is clearly not going to star in the entire movie as he would clash with the canon version of him and Uta's development from start to finish was fine executed especially the end of the film.

For my part, I would say that it was worth seeing Shanks in this film as a consistent preview of what he can become without neglecting the type of presence he has in the world.
Oct 1, 2023 6:01 AM

Dec 2022
Hearing people say "it's mostly singing" before watching the movie, I was kinda skeptical about that claim - there are 7 songs 3-4 minutes in length, that's like 25 minutes at most.

Then I saw the movie and the songs were mostly cut off after the first chorus. So what... like 12 minutes of singing for a 2 hour movie? "Mostly singing"? "Too much music"? What the shit? Is this what shounen viewers are like - when you add a few minutes of music to a 2 hours of movie, it's too much for their ears to take?

I've seen this being described as a "musical" by a bunch of people. It was not. It wouldn't have been one even if all the songs were played out in full length. It's just silly exaggeration by people whose eardrums are not trained to hear anything but screaming in fight scenes. These people have never seen a musical in their life.

I'd love an actual musical voiced by Ado though. But seeing people freak out this much even from a few minutes, I can see why anime industry avoids it.
Dec 22, 2023 11:12 AM

Jul 2011
Without a doubt the worst movie. I've never been so bored with anything One Piece before. What a load of shit.
Feb 22, 3:42 PM

Apr 2018
Everything that came before Strong World is worse than this lol (and Stampede too)
One Piece is the GOAT
Feb 22, 3:52 PM

Sep 2016
Nah, the OST alone is incredible enough to call it one of the best One Piece movies, not worst.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Film: Red Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Aug 5, 2022

253 by wallus81 »»
Apr 25, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Best Film Red Song (Since the movie is now out on streaming services)

Cestlavie_ - Mar 7, 2023

18 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:45 PM

» So where is Kyuubey???

Hitagi__Furude - Mar 11, 2023

5 by Lightzter »»
Mar 13, 2023 9:47 PM

» One Piece FILM RED is Confirmed to be 4th Highest-Grossing Anime Film Worldwide!

Ridzaxster - Feb 17, 2023

8 by yonkoakagami4 »»
Mar 12, 2023 6:59 PM

» Question about emperor of the seas (SPOILERS!!)

Ania_BH - Mar 9, 2023

7 by R77Prodigy »»
Mar 11, 2023 12:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.