Forum Settings
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2023 4:50 PM

Feb 2012
Volume 7, Chapter 3:

This chapter has me wondering what this volume was even supposed to accomplish. It was just a series of gruesome deaths of accomplished individuals by the forces of the Tomb of Nazarick. We have already seen even more powerful people of the world fall to denizens of Nazarick so nothing is new. The most I can say this story is doing is showing how Nazarick is pretty evil, but that should have been obvious from all the previous books.

The key thing that gets me is that this volume has no apparent stakes. The workers have no chance of winning so nothing in the volume as been in doubt. I'm glad I'm listening to an audiobook because I can do other things. It would be a much greater struggle if I had to make time to actually read this.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Volume 16 Discussion

ColtBuntline - Sep 18, 2022

8 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Jan 13, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Overlord Chapter 39 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Sep 1, 2023

3 by Tkit »»
Sep 3, 2023 6:13 PM

» Is overlord LN a adaptation or a original work?

Kartik01528n - Jul 14, 2023

3 by BucketBall »»
Jul 15, 2023 4:51 AM

Poll: » Overlord Volume 4 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Apr 11, 2015

13 by SentrySalmanjr »»
Mar 7, 2023 1:25 PM

Poll: » Favorite female character in Overlord

Warphate - Oct 1, 2015

33 by Naroomaki »»
Nov 29, 2022 8:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.