Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 7, 2022 11:02 AM

Jan 2009
It'll me make me 100 times more disappointed if a movie about Haibara isn't at least on par with the first 10 movies!
Dec 11, 2022 2:29 PM

Sep 2008
I don't really have any high expectations for this movie, to be honest.

It'll likely be a compilation of everything that had happened up until now similar to the Scarlet Alibi movie.
My assumption is they are making this movie to remind long-time fans (and introduce the story to newer fans) before Kurogane no Submarine is released in theaters come April 2023.

I am hoping Kurogane no Submarine will at least be on par with the 5th movie, Countdown to Heaven.
Kaito__KidDec 11, 2022 2:35 PM

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Dec 12, 2022 4:28 AM

Jan 2009
Tensai-Kun said:

It'll likely be a compilation of everything that had happened up until now similar to the Scarlet Alibi movie.
My assumption is they are making this movie to remind long-time fans (and introduce the story to newer fans) before Kurogane no Submarine is released in theaters come April 2023.

I am hoping Kurogane no Submarine will at least be on par with the 5th movie, Countdown to Heaven.

Oh! Seems like I posted this on the wrong entry then XD
So this is just going to be a set up for the actual movie, no wonder there were no forum threads.
Dec 12, 2022 7:40 AM

Sep 2020
Okay, I don't intend to hype your sorry ass anyway.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Dec 12, 2022 6:51 PM

Jan 2009
samsince04 said:

I was obviously being rhetorical, but it's okay to think your opinion matters here if it makes you feel good.
Dec 12, 2022 8:03 PM

Sep 2020
DiabloMask said:
samsince04 said:

I was obviously being rhetorical, but it's okay to think your opinion matters here if it makes you feel good.
lol I was just joking. Idk anything about Detective Conan.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Dec 14, 2022 3:43 AM
Feb 2015
DiabloMask said:
Tensai-Kun said:

Oh! Seems like I posted this on the wrong entry then XD
So this is just going to be a set up for the actual movie, no wonder there were no forum threads.

Well it's just one 30 sec teaser trailer so probably nothing much to discuss yet even in the correct thread. Probably need to wait till a few more trailer/teaser gets released.
Jan 5, 2023 8:27 PM
Mar 2010
I love the Bell Tree arc, but this kind of compilation format is not my cup of tea. Scarlet Alibi was disappointing since it was for people who casually follow DC and doesn't have the time to watch 1000+ episodes for some backstory.

That said, Haibara is easily the most popular female character in DC. Pretty sure the 26th movie will prolly beat their box office again, thanks to this timely special.
Jan 6, 2023 7:05 AM

Feb 2021
I read that they include some scenes in this compilation movie. But again we can simply watch this video with new footage instead of watching already released episodes.
Jan 6, 2023 5:48 PM
Feb 2015
Memores said:
I read that they include some scenes in this compilation movie. But again we can simply watch this video with new footage instead of watching already released episodes.

Oh so they did add some new footage. Well probably someone will eventually cut out the new scenes only and post it online.
Jan 7, 2023 1:53 AM

Feb 2021
ixarising said:
Memores said:

Oh so they did add some new footage. Well probably someone will eventually cut out the new scenes only and post it online.

Yes, I hope so too. We only watch new scenes without the need to see the compilation movie.
Jan 11, 2023 7:18 AM

Sep 2008
Memores said:
ixarising said:

Yes, I hope so too. We only watch new scenes without the need to see the compilation movie.
The new footage is less than 30 secs (post-credits) and is pretty disappointing in my opinion.
It's pretty similar to the "new" footage that was added to the Wedding Eve compilation movie post-credits.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Jan 11, 2023 7:23 AM

Feb 2021
Tensai-Kun said:
Memores said:

The new footage is less than 30 secs (post-credits) and is pretty disappointing in my opinion.
It's pretty similar to the "new" footage that was added to the Wedding Eve compilation movie post-credits.
Very sad, thanks for the info! I haven't watched Wedding Eve movie, only watched episode with pumpkins.
Jan 13, 2023 12:29 AM
Nov 2014
Okay, so I saw the movie and for anyone wanting to know if it's a waste of time...

Jan 18, 2023 1:30 AM
Feb 2015
Reaperoflight said:
Okay, so I saw the movie and for anyone wanting to know if it's a waste of time...

Just curious about one thing, they improve the artwork or use back the same as TV episode?
Jan 18, 2023 2:54 AM
Nov 2014
ixarising said:
Reaperoflight said:

Just curious about one thing, they improve the artwork or use back the same as TV episode?

Tbh, I wish I could answer that, but I went with my friend who is the actual fan of Conan while I've just been enjoying the recent movies along with her. If I had to guess, the footage itself looked new enough to where I might think it's new, but I also haven't really watched the show so unfortunately, I can't be certain. 😥
Jan 30, 2023 10:37 PM

Sep 2008
Reaperoflight said:
ixarising said:

Tbh, I wish I could answer that, but I went with my friend who is the actual fan of Conan while I've just been enjoying the recent movies along with her. If I had to guess, the footage itself looked new enough to where I might think it's new, but I also haven't really watched the show so unfortunately, I can't be certain. 😥
They reused the artwork from the TV episodes, similar to the other compilation movies released for movies 24 (scarlet alibi), and 25 (wedding eve).

Feb 3, 2023 8:26 AM
Feb 2015
Tensai-Kun said:
Reaperoflight said:

They reused the artwork from the TV episodes, similar to the other compilation movies released for movies 24 (scarlet alibi), and 25 (wedding eve).

Ah so it's really just a recap then.
Feb 23, 10:37 PM

Jul 2022
Just watched the movie. And I got a feeling I watched this before. (tbh, I forgot about this case)
I still enjoyed it though. And a episode/movie with Vermouth is always "Good!"
Enjoyed Yukiko Kudo, as a side cast too.
Feb 23, 11:02 PM

Jan 2017
chriskris91 said:
Just watched the movie. And I got a feeling I watched this before. (tbh, I forgot about this case)

Most of the Movie is about the Mystery Train case (Episodes 701-704/Chapters 818-824).
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan: Haibara Ai Monogatari - Kurogane no Mystery Train Episode 1 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Jan 11, 2023

9 by bushman66 »»
Feb 13, 5:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.