Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Lock
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 11, 2022 3:03 PM
Sep 2007
Absolutely hate regular football but this anime kind of makes it interesting and funny
Dec 14, 2022 1:43 PM
Sep 2016
Played football for over a decade and absolutely love sports anime. Blue Lock, Hajime no Ippo, Haikyuu, Kuroko no Basket, Ping Pong. All of them over the top and not always accurate to the game they're portraying, but if I wanted realism, I would watch actual sports instead. Sports animes far more entertaining anyway.
Dec 14, 2022 1:54 PM
Sep 2016
GoldSlash said:
koshiguruma said:

Lmfao, excuse me? I can run just fine. Obviously not like a lightweight barebone 115 pound forward, but I’m still more than capable of running for an entire match. There’s just other sports that involve running that are far more entertaining

idk anyone that is not profesional that can play even decent with that weight. i really doubt all that story or that you have any kind of sprint. You probably are slow and play defender. im so sorry about that.
Man's actually out here profiling someone because they don't find a sport entertaining. Pretty cringe ngl
Dec 21, 2022 5:22 PM

Mar 2012
J3_Omega said:
GoldSlash said:

idk anyone that is not profesional that can play even decent with that weight. i really doubt all that story or that you have any kind of sprint. You probably are slow and play defender. im so sorry about that.
Man's actually out here profiling someone because they don't find a sport entertaining. Pretty cringe ngl

trolling him though thats usually true, only fat or nerd man that are unable to run usually dislikes football. you seem like that type too.
Dec 21, 2022 5:53 PM
Sep 2016
GoldSlash said:
J3_Omega said:

trolling him though thats usually true, only fat or nerd man that are unable to run usually dislikes football. you seem like that type too.
idk dude. Your "trolling" seems like classic projecting due to your own weight problems and lack of running capabilities. You clearly care wayyyy too much about the weight of others to be trolling, otherwise you wouldn't be out here replying and bringing it up so often. Definitely got some fat nerd energy. Pretty cringe ngl
Dec 22, 2022 10:32 AM
Jul 2016
Personally I’ve never done any form of sports and I generally dislike team exercise. I’ve never liked watching real sports on TV, but sports anime I do like. In reality it’s just cuz I don’t care about the sport but I like the characters/how epic it is. For me it has nothing to do with it being sport related. It could’ve been about sewing for all I care. It’s just how the characters interact and the energy of the show.
Dec 24, 2022 1:37 PM

May 2021
Uhh, anime in general is silly and exaggerated if you really think about it. So comparing sports anime to your irl sports experience is basically complaining anime isn't realistic which of course it isn't. As for the question, I've been playing cricket since age 6.
Dec 24, 2022 5:11 PM
Jul 2018
spesific anime about your stuff is sily bcs you know the reality. I know that feel. But anyway anime is for entertaining, the point is the anime explain the basic, and improvise for the rest
Dec 25, 2022 4:19 AM

Jun 2015
As a hobby, I've played football in the past and mainly did martial arts + weightlifting while also trying out different sports.

These shows are obviously exaggerated, the most flashy aspects of the sport in question are heightened for entertainment purposes. What they often don't show you is the YEARS of progress needed to get to the point the characters are, and to be frank that'd take an exceptional director to show while keeping the show entertaining. Also, it's needless to say that you don't get literal superpowers or shining green/red/blue/whatever eyes when high on adrenaline. 

But when you suspend your disbelief a little and live with the series, it's enjoyable. Of course you aren't gonna enjoy what you're watching if you start binging it with the mindset that 'this is stupid, this could never happen'. These are meant to be mainly entertainment, if you want that dead-to-rights realism then... why don't you just watch actual sports?

I also enjoy learning about different sports (or any of my own) through series like these, for example I had no idea what was going on in American football before I watched Eyeshield 21. Now I know the basics if need be. Delving into the sphere of martial arts anime has also expanded my knowledge and vocabulary pertaining certain techniques or sports philosophy. I find that I learn these things faster from watching a show where I can follow more than just the outlines of a rule book - and get a feel for what makes this sport so great.
uh oh!
Dec 25, 2022 6:08 AM

Dec 2009
I find watching sports extremely boring, I do like playing them but casually but I'm more of a martial artist. Sports anime capture what it feels like to be the player, something that goes missing from the spectators perspective (imo) Those moments when you do something really cool and you feel awesome about it but when looked from outside it doesn't look that impressive, specially if someone doesn't understand what's so difficult about it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2023

337 by PowerMadness »»
Apr 18, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Tatsunami - Jan 21, 2023

170 by Fafutis »»
Apr 15, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2023

136 by stupidmongo »»
Apr 11, 10:30 AM

» Blue Lock collaboration with efootball !!!

HinduHabibi - Mar 22

10 by GeorgeIXVI »»
Mar 23, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2022

303 by kiwikags »»
Mar 21, 9:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.