Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2022 7:54 PM
Mar 2019
This suffered from bad Subs like many others.
I would have posted more but just wanted to get to the end.
It's not unwatchable but a bit hard to follow the storyline.
So, just fine, but not recommended unless the subs get better.
Nov 15, 2022 3:58 PM
Sep 2020
I was annoyed with the subs from my general-anime site, so was deciding to switch to the green subs on youtube or the subs from two of the Chinesesubs sites, whos quality tends to be definitely quick-auto-translate. I then decided to see how the subs were looking from this other site that DOES do a bunch of Chinese but they're also definitely credit thieves, that pretend to be the subbers and try to cover the tags of the original subbers when possible; I go to them for "comic" series (animated using the book's pictures).

But anyway, they have a sub, that I obviously don't know the origin, but it was standard quality.
For example, when I got annoyed was at like #5, when the guy was talking about him being old and young, and asked what the two types of people are in the public.
I had no idea what the age/tired convo was about, and then later he said the two types were "Warrior and "Martial Artists".
I didn't question that translation but when I compared the others, it made the most sense. However this other site's translation said "Immortals and Martial Artists", which makes way more sense to me (see A Record of a Mortal's Journey to Immortality).

I then rewatched the previous episodes with these better subs.
At the beginning, when he was called the royal prince, all the translations ay he said "Everyone knows the prince is a tomato". It just sounds stupid, so I assumed they meant a vegetable, as in he's in a coma or something. The better subs said "Everyone knows the prince is Xi Hongshi". I'm paraphrasing these translations because the point is the same, that these subs actually make sense

There are times when they don't make sense but not enough to call it bad unless you're using the Japanese standard quality for being average.
Oh also, I don't know where I got "Pulling mountains and rivers" from but I thought that was the title translation for this. That site lists the correct/better translation: "The Legend of Zitang Dynasty" .
Nov 15, 2022 4:12 PM
Mar 2019
Ristaman said:
I was annoyed with the subs from my general-anime site, so was deciding to switch to the green subs on youtube or the subs from two of the Chinesesubs sites, whos quality tends to be definitely quick-auto-translate. I then decided to see how the subs were looking from this other site that DOES do a bunch of Chinese but they're also definitely credit thieves, that pretend to be the subbers and try to cover the tags of the original subbers when possible; I go to them for "comic" series (animated using the book's pictures).

But anyway, they have a sub, that I obviously don't know the origin, but it was standard quality.
For example, when I got annoyed was at like #5, when the guy was talking about him being old and young, and asked what the two types of people are in the public.
I had no idea what the age/tired convo was about, and then later he said the two types were "Warrior and "Martial Artists".
I didn't question that translation but when I compared the others, it made the most sense. However this other site's translation said "Immortals and Martial Artists", which makes way more sense to me (see A Record of a Mortal's Journey to Immortality).

I then rewatched the previous episodes with these better subs.
At the beginning, when he was called the royal prince, all the translations ay he said "Everyone knows the prince is a tomato". It just sounds stupid, so I assumed they meant a vegetable, as in he's in a coma or something. The better subs said "Everyone knows the prince is Xi Hongshi". I'm paraphrasing these translations because the point is the same, that these subs actually make sense

There are times when they don't make sense but not enough to call it bad unless you're using the Japanese standard quality for being average.
Oh also, I don't know where I got "Pulling mountains and rivers" from but I thought that was the title translation for this. That site lists the correct/better translation: "The Legend of Zitang Dynasty" .

Trouble is with bad Subs, you only have a split second to think if they are Bad or Good, then you end up thinking too much.
I am appreciative that someone bothers to at least try, but, they are just missing a proof reader.
Sometimes you can actually see someone else's Subs underneath, whether they are any better is up for grabs.
If you want truly awful Subs try, Xiuluo Jian Zun ( Shura Sword Sovereign ) i watched 147 episodes or 15 Hours and nothing really made any sense, i just kept thinking they have to get better.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Li Ba Shanhe Xi Zitang Episode 1 Discussion

bushman66 - Nov 1, 2022

0 by bushman66 »»
Nov 1, 2022 7:04 PM

» Li Ba Shanhe Xi Zitang PV

Xealias - Dec 22, 2021

0 by Xealias »»
Dec 22, 2021 7:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.