Forums
New
May 1, 2010 9:34 PM
Jan 2008
Did you like the music in the series?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 6, 2010 11:56 AM
Jul 2010
I liked it as much as I do any rock music, though I am more into classical than rock music. I do admit finding a certain amount of J-pop very catchy, although I often wonder if I'd think the same thing if the lyrics were in English.

I cannot comment on the skill behind the Lucifer players. I can tune a guitar but cannot play it. I have played a tiny bit of electric bass and know it to be much harder than it looks. Drumming is seriously difficult, one must almost be an athlete as well as a musician to play drums well. The drummer can singlehandedly save an ensemble -- or sink it!

I can comment on Sakuya's voice (or, let's be real, the voice of the man who does the singing for this character), which is extremely strong -- resonant, creamy, and an astonishingly wide range. (Did you notice the low baritone notes he sings in "Silent Melody"?) I have done some singing and would kill for a voice like that.

The one song by "Feel" that I heard in the course of the show impressed me quite a bit. I like it when any group has singers that actually sing, particularly if they try to make good harmony with each other. Extra credit if there is counterpoint or a sense of separate voice parts. This is one thing that Lucifer lacks, frankly. Sometimes someone is singing harmony under Sakuya, though there is absolutely no indication of this in the animation, which frustrates me no end. I feel like it is supposed to be Yuki as opposed to Atsuro, but again I have no proof of this.

I noticed some of this strength in the song by e.mu, near the end of the anime series. Again I loved the exuberance. But the technical skills are something I don't know much about. I play woodwind instruments.

Finally, for me the music isn't the main point anyway. It is the process by which the musicians make the music, and the psychology behind the process.
R86Aug 8, 2010 10:11 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Poll: Lucifer

GothicLust - Sep 2, 2008

3 by Azmarie »»
Sep 13, 2012 5:44 PM

» Plot summaries, anime episodes 1-4 (SPOILER WARNING)

R86 - Jul 10, 2010

3 by R86 »»
Jul 12, 2010 2:40 PM

» Anime discussion- episode 2 *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

GothicLust - Jul 7, 2010

1 by R86 »»
Jul 8, 2010 7:22 AM

» lyrics

GothicLust - May 1, 2010

1 by R86 »»
Jul 6, 2010 12:11 PM

Poll: » Favorite character poll

GothicLust - Jun 3, 2010

1 by R86 »»
Jul 6, 2010 11:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.