Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 10, 2022 2:57 AM

Mar 2018
I haven't read the manga, though I've been interested in it. The novel by Osamu Dazai was a masterpiece, however, and I'm curious how something like this will play out. Comedy, Adventure tags after all.

Any others who've read Ningen Shikkaku anticipating this? Manga readers, how do you think the adaption will pan out?
Apr 18, 10:39 AM

Feb 2012
hypergoob said:
and I'm curious how something like this will play out. Comedy, Adventure tags after all.

Same here. Isekai being combined with Comedy, Adventure has the possibility to go really well or really bad...

An adventure in another world with cute girls by your side and video game-like powers—sounds like an anime fan's dream, right? Not so for melancholic author Osamu Dazai, who would quite literally prefer to drop dead. Video games haven't even been invented yet when he gets yanked into another world in 1948. Really, all the fantastical adventure he keeps running into is just getting in the way of his poetic dream of finding the perfect place to die. But no matter how much he risks his hide, everything seems to keep turning out okay. Follow a miserable hero like no other in this cheerfully bleak isekai comedy!

So basically we have a emo poet with a death wish who wants the perfect death... All joking aside, sounds like there's the groundwork for some complex stories to unfold. Curious what the fantasy world is going to be like, ie I assume the original world's era is `1948`, while the fantasy world is tbd (I haven't read any of the manga.)

More topics from this board

» Zetsubou Sensei

mechian - Feb 14

3 by Haneken2086 »»
Apr 7, 7:07 AM

» First PV and Summer 2024

Dbagas8 - Feb 6

8 by Mishiia »»
Mar 23, 8:06 AM

» Updates

Drxcxrys - Jun 6, 2023

1 by quercifolia »»
Dec 11, 2023 9:58 PM

Poll: » Context - are you a manga reader?

Drxcxrys - Sep 4, 2022

3 by vanetz »»
Feb 1, 2023 11:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.