Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 1, 2022 9:05 PM
Mar 2021
I'm interested in the manga and I was just wondering is there a certain order to reading or just going through each chapter. Is there a prequel to the series, or anything else I might wanna know? Much appreciated!
Oct 1, 2022 9:24 PM

Mar 2019
Start from Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 1: Legend of the Golden Witch and then after you're finished go to episode 2 and so on... Until you reach this entry which is the last one. The parts were made separately but are all part of the same story, with art varying from part to part because different parts are drawn by different artists.

Edit: also what the person below this post said.
KumiveneellaOct 1, 2022 9:31 PM
Oct 1, 2022 9:27 PM

Jun 2015
It's originally a visual novel, and usually recommended to start there, while some readers used the manga for extra chapters that reveal additional information/context.

Regarding anything before it, it's not required, but highly recommended to start with the Higurashi visual novel before reading Umineko, as it's the writer's natural progression and enhances the experience.

If you're not into visual novels, or have never tried one... try them out. They're great, and there's no replacements for the originals.
Oct 2, 2022 6:11 AM
Mar 2021
KamisamaArigatou said:
It's originally a visual novel, and usually recommended to start there, while some readers used the manga for extra chapters that reveal additional information/context.

Regarding anything before it, it's not required, but highly recommended to start with the Higurashi visual novel before reading Umineko, as it's the writer's natural progression and enhances the experience.

If you're not into visual novels, or have never tried one... try them out. They're great, and there's no replacements for the originals.

Thanks for the help. I really enjoy visual novels so no worries there :D

More topics from this board

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch Chapter 42 Discussion

allenjke - Mar 11, 2016

35 by DefeatingMe »»
Oct 29, 2023 8:05 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch Chapter 41 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Mar 2, 2018

3 by DefeatingMe »»
Oct 29, 2023 5:22 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch Chapter 40 Discussion

DefeatingMe - Oct 29, 2023

0 by DefeatingMe »»
Oct 29, 2023 4:27 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch Chapter 39 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Mar 2, 2018

1 by DefeatingMe »»
Oct 29, 2023 3:15 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch Chapter 38 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Feb 27, 2018

1 by DefeatingMe »»
Oct 29, 2023 2:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.