Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 19, 2022 10:49 PM
Sep 2022
I just don't like megumi. She's a very boring character for me. I even tried to convince myself after watching both season and the movie, megumi is the best girl but I can't. Anyone feels the same? Or maybe it's just me. I will be more satisfied with the show if
I even cried a bit when
Well with that being said, Utaha is the best girl.
Sep 19, 2022 10:59 PM
Jun 2021
facts utaha>>>>>>> verbal abuse>>>>>>>>>>
Sep 19, 2022 11:30 PM
Jan 2014
The reason why Tomoya was able to go that far and become successful was because he had someone who was always by his side and supported him unconditionally with no question asked. Someone who can understand and tolerate his wild ideas and imagination. And this someone is none other than our best girl Megumi.

Sure you can have fun with girls like utaha or eriri. But if you have to choose a partner for the rest of your life, build a family and live a happy life, Megumi is the perfect girl we can only dream of.
Sep 19, 2022 11:51 PM
Mar 2021
Megumi best girl....

Sep 19, 2022 11:55 PM

Nov 2021
Milly1227 said:
I just don't like megumi. She's a very boring character for me. I even tried to convince myself after watching both season and the movie, megumi is the best girl but I can't. Anyone feels the same? Or maybe it's just me. I will be more satisfied with the show if
I even cried a bit when

are you blind man 😂 mc clearly end up with Megumi....

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Sep 19, 2022 11:56 PM
Feb 2022
If sticking to a genuine girl, Kato all the way.

PS. Utaha for s*gz
Sep 20, 2022 1:45 AM
Feb 2022
How can i delete my comment or whatever it is from here?
baymaxemonSep 20, 2022 9:37 AM
Sep 20, 2022 2:12 AM

Jun 2021
I think the ending was fine. Afterall, Katou Megumi was the main heroine, right from the start.
Sep 20, 2022 3:02 AM
Aug 2021
Milly1227 said:
I even cried a bit when

If you dont like megumi then guy you have decided to settle for mediocrity for the rest of your life
Sep 20, 2022 3:03 AM
Aug 2021
baymaxemon said:
Katou Megumi is even in my top 10 character list

Finally someone who speaks english
Sep 20, 2022 3:24 AM
Feb 2021
you don't like Megumi bro ok people have different opinions but how can one hate who stays with mc with all hardships and other two sluts who backstabbed for own personal goals

the one punchable character i wish is fukin eriri

utaha senpai is decent as she realises what she leaves behind once she betrays him

katou is "normal and idealistic girlfriend" you shld correct that boring term you mentioned

Megumi is my #1 waifu even rated above Marin and kaguya <3
bezardoSep 20, 2022 3:28 AM
Sep 20, 2022 5:17 AM
Feb 2022
Also listen to the song “Ultimate b” to know Megumi more.
Sep 20, 2022 5:33 AM
Jul 2021
bezardo said:
you don't like Megumi bro ok people have different opinions but how can one hate who stays with mc with all hardships and other two sluts who backstabbed for own personal goals

utaha senpai is decent as she realises what she leaves behind once she betrays him

katou is "normal and idealistic girlfriend" you shld correct that boring term you mentioned

Accurate assessment. And fair enough they moved on with their own work, but they should've spoken to him about this first. As you said, Utaha felt guilty, but I don't recall Eriri ever apologising 🤔
Sep 20, 2022 8:50 AM
Mar 2021
Tahmim97 said:
bezardo said:

Accurate assessment. And fair enough they moved on with their own work, but they should've spoken to him about this first. As you said, Utaha felt guilty, but I don't recall Eriri ever apologising 🤔

That‘s exactly right, first they „betray“ him just to work together again then only one side feels guilty but the other never apologized… and then there is Megumi who was by his side the hole time
Sep 20, 2022 10:11 AM
Jul 2021
chrisspear said:
Tahmim97 said:

That‘s exactly right, first they „betray“ him just to work together again then only one side feels guilty but the other never apologized… and then there is Megumi who was by his side the hole time

Yup! And that's why Megumi's best girl! I don't care if some people perceive her as 'boring', as she's clearly the best fit for Tomoya.
Sep 20, 2022 7:43 PM
Aug 2013
Thinking about it, Katou isn't worst girl (easily Eriri). But I like Utaha & Michiru (who was regrettably underutilized) far more.
Sep 21, 2022 7:28 AM
Mar 2021
ofc Megumi no need to debate.
Sep 21, 2022 7:30 AM
Mar 2021
yatagasaru said:
The reason why Tomoya was able to go that far and become successful was because he had someone who was always by his side and supported him unconditionally with no question asked. Someone who can understand and tolerate his wild ideas and imagination. And this someone is none other than our best girl Megumi.

Sure you can have fun with girls like utaha or eriri. But if you have to choose a partner for the rest of your life, build a family and live a happy life, Megumi is the perfect girl we can only dream of.

most reasonable post I've seen in this thread. Totally agree with you. Honestly,I like Utaha until I see she n Eriri leave tomoya so only Megumi always be tomoya's side so no need to debate Megumi is the one.
Jan 5, 2023 8:44 AM
Jan 2021
True, just true. I hate my life for watching the whole thing with the little hope that at least none of them all would come together. But in the end, the worst choice was made. Like 4 real, since episode 3 or something of season 1 i wanted the mc to come together with utaha. Fuck it :(
Feb 10, 2023 12:42 AM

Apr 2014
Was there even a contest? Only a simp would prioritize a girl that considers other things like her career more important than him. Also the verbal abuse, it's quite clear who would be the dominant force in such a relationship. A boy might like that kind of dynamic, a man wouldn't.
Bonus points: Megumi is more beautiful. This is a case where a choice was made from the very start.
Apr 19, 2023 11:34 PM
Mar 2016
Megumi honestly. Michiru had the best fan-service imo. Iriri would have been my preferred backup, but she only just barely edges out Utaha. Izumi had no screentime despite her cuteness.

If you think about it, if Iriri had never abandoned him in elementary school, they would have already been a couple making eroge together. Even if Iriri had just apologized and confessed her feelings before the second game, she still would have won his heart. She only lost because she couldn't help shooting herself in the foot every 10 seconds or give up that nasty habit of betraying/abandoning him for her own personal gain.

Utaha was sexy and more mature, but she could never straddle the line of being a creator he admired versus his girlfriend either. They would have both ended up disappointed. Either she would write a subpar story to please him, and he'd resent her for it, or she'd spend all her time keeping deadlines and never be a girlfriend.

Megumi was the only girl who was able to both support and inspire him. Even when she stopped talking him after he ran to Eriri's side, she never intended to fully abandon him. She just couldn't reconcile her jealousy and hurt feelings, which is very understandable after your partner runs back to their ex. Even hurt and angry, she was there. You can't ask for a better girl than that. That's why she's best girl. Other girls are great too, and everyone has their own preferences. But on just about every level in this story, she makes perfect sense as the OTP. Besides, it's hard to get much more romantic than writing a dating sim based on how you fell in love with a girl, spending paragraphs detailing the way her hand feels.
DarkdaxterApr 19, 2023 11:44 PM
Apr 20, 2023 12:10 AM

Jan 2023
Megumi best girl all the way :)!
Jul 2, 2023 12:45 AM

Mar 2008
Aesthetically I can never deny a twintail, especially a tsundere. Eriri was my favorite with Megumi trailing behind.
Aug 2, 2023 12:29 PM
Feb 2023
qdbp said:
True, just true. I hate my life for watching the whole thing with the little hope that at least none of them all would come together. But in the end, the worst choice was made. Like 4 real, since episode 3 or something of season 1 i wanted the mc to come together with utaha. Fuck it :(

Check out the light novel that follows her route
Aug 2, 2023 1:16 PM
Feb 2023
This may be a little bit long...
Megumi is not boring, she's witty, has a very sharp yet "polite" sense of sarcasm (you almost don't know if you should feel offended or flattered), she's very loyal, hard working and can be very sweet (the other girls too but in different ways), she's very caring and also very patient but when she does get mad she blows up quietly and has trouble expressing exactly what upsets her.

Now, I'm not going to throw sh¡t on the other girls, they're really nice too in their own way and they are just a well written and just as charming, so I'll stick to the facts on why Megumi wins Tomoya's heart.

Tomoya actually explained clumsily in the reconciliation/confession scene that he likes Megumi because he can be vulnerable around her without worry, she wont judge him, he also says that she feels within reach, meaning that she's genuine with him, for better and for worse she's just as human as him, while the other girls feel a bit in a pedestal from his perspective.
Another reason offcourse is chemistry, those two understand each other really well and also make for a great comical duo. Megumi also forces and helps Tomoya to change and become a better version of himself.
We should also bare in mind why Tomoya won Megumi's heart. Tomoya helped Megumi to get out of her "dull" shell, he transmited his passion for visual novels and inspired her to give her all for that project. In a way he brougth more colours to her life with new friends and his wacky and persevering personality. He gave her something to strive for and people to care about.

In short, great chemistry, shared vulnerability, mutual growth and trust.

(I'm probably still missing some important details tho).
pipegf98Aug 3, 2023 9:37 PM
Aug 2, 2023 11:52 PM

Jan 2023
I think Megumi is best girl, but all other female characters in this series are great imo :)
MeguSae38Aug 3, 2023 12:03 AM
Sep 28, 2023 11:08 AM

Jan 2021
Megumi best girl. That’s it
Dec 19, 2023 6:40 PM
Sep 2020
The Title says it all imo
Apr 16, 11:15 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to yatagasaru

@yatagasaru absolutely agree

More topics from this board

Poll: » Have they faithfully adapted the LN? (No spoilers allowed unless BBCoded properly)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 24

3 by LaurensDenila »»
Apr 24, 9:59 AM

» Loved This Show

flakor8 - Apr 2

9 by GarixKun »»
Apr 3, 6:14 PM

» Anyone who is perhaps mildly unsatisfied ?

GameX_4 - Jan 5

24 by EinTheVariance »»
Mar 25, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Fine Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

shanimebib - Oct 26, 2019

214 by toralbabs »»
Jan 27, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

Dragevard - Sep 30, 2021

26 by spicarie »»
Nov 7, 2023 7:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.