Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 28, 2022 12:30 PM

Jan 2021
Ok this is both a question and some leaks/speculations as well.

Firstly, why has the sales number not been officially updated yet. Most official sites states that Kny manga has over 150 million manga in circulation but this data was last updated in February 2021 which was more than 1.5 years ago. The manga continues to sell well and the numbers are a lot higher then that right now.

Secondly according to some leaks or estimates, Kny has now more then 180 Million copies in circulation. Now how true is this data, I dont know, but seems like its possible since the manga sold well good enough even after February of 2021 and throughout this year as well.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Aug 28, 2022 5:46 PM
Oct 2019
First, Kimetsu ended so I can assume that no editor at Shonen Jump is in charge of tracking or announcing the circulation, especially in other countries. Secondly, Gotouge becomes a hermit now and may grow grapes to gift Tabata (Black Clover) or occasionally watch Kimetsu's stage plays/Noh theater adaption :))). Thus, Gotouge may not draw any related manga for Kimetsu or have new projects to make Jump care. For instance, they did not announce Hunter x Hunter's circulation number for 2 years until Togashi returned few weeks ago.

I totally understand how you feel; hence, I will quote the famous line of Yoriichi's san: "Those who master their trade all arrive at the same place." The time will tell. Meanwhile, here is the most accurate source of data for you about the sold of Physical copies from 2016-2021 that Oricon tracked: https://randomanga.wordpress.com/?s=demon+slayer (you may need to translate French into English)
The data is matched with Oricon's official reports and various sources. Additionally, the blogger is meticulous. He has tracked Oricon's sales data for years so his credential on this expertise is high. Recently, he added the Oricon's sales for Kimetsu Gakuen, too.
Aug 29, 2022 7:18 AM

Jan 2021
Elvarth said:
First, Kimetsu ended so I can assume that no editor at Shonen Jump is in charge of tracking or announcing the circulation, especially in other countries. Secondly, Gotouge becomes a hermit now and may grow grapes to gift Tabata (Black Clover) or occasionally watch Kimetsu's stage plays/Noh theater adaption :))). Thus, Gotouge may not draw any related manga for Kimetsu or have new projects to make Jump care. For instance, they did not announce Hunter x Hunter's circulation number for 2 years until Togashi returned few weeks ago.

I totally understand how you feel; hence, I will quote the famous line of Yoriichi's san: "Those who master their trade all arrive at the same place." The time will tell. Meanwhile, here is the most accurate source of data for you about the sold of Physical copies from 2016-2021 that Oricon tracked: https://randomanga.wordpress.com/?s=demon+slayer (you may need to translate French into English)
The data is matched with Oricon's official reports and various sources. Additionally, the blogger is meticulous. He has tracked Oricon's sales data for years so his credential on this expertise is high. Recently, he added the Oricon's sales for Kimetsu Gakuen, too.

Yeah that makes sense but I always wondered that Kny was selling so well that someone out there must be interested in its sales number and would keep track of it but I guess only time will tell. Maybe after the anime finishes airing or after it reaches 200 million we will get to see an official announcement. Even Bleach manga sales were not updated until recently. It was 120 million for so long but now it has been updated to 130 million officially.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rate Infinity Fortress arc

Hereforanimes - Jul 15, 2023

24 by troilus_05s »»
Apr 25, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

8 by heyyitsaj1 »»
Feb 22, 5:29 AM

Poll: » NO SPOILERS How different is the Manga to this anime compared to the Anime?

Lost_Hearts - Jan 14

16 by Loops007 »»
Jan 17, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 207 Discussion

Cauliflawer - Jan 30, 2021

35 by kirubaprabagaran »»
Jan 13, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 174 Discussion

PrideRoyalIvy - Sep 12, 2019

32 by kirubaprabagaran »»
Jan 10, 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.