Forum Settings
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 5, 2022 1:29 PM
Aug 2020
Finished the film a few minutes ago and am still full of emotion.

I'm still a little confused, but would there have been a better solution?

BandulfAug 5, 2022 1:39 PM
Aug 5, 2022 1:33 PM
Feb 2021
It doesn’t change the fact that it is sakutas heart which there can’t be two of.
Aug 5, 2022 1:36 PM
Jan 2022
Bandulf said:

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

no bro it is a happy ending Sakura the little girl Mai all are alive.....
watch the full movie to understand what I said....
Aug 5, 2022 1:41 PM

May 2022
yep, the whole problem is that there are two sakuta's hearts. so it is either him dying in the accident, passing on the heart to shoko, or accident never happening, which means shoko dies.
and as we can see she couldn't 'kill' her first love, so she did not just make that car accident doesn't happen, she even alters sakuta's memories, so as he never knew who she is and is now having no regrets
you could say its the only and the best outcome
Aug 5, 2022 1:41 PM
Aug 2020
I'm watching the credits right now. So I am still confused to the maximum.

She's still alive at the end, but the disease is still there, or am I wrong?

The hearts existed twice throughout the first season. Why was that no longer possible?
Aug 5, 2022 1:54 PM

May 2022
Bandulf said:

The hearts existed twice throughout the first season. Why was that no longer possible?

so during the first season the heart didn't actually exist twice. you see, the shoko, bearing sakuta's heart, isn't actually real. in fact, none of it is real, but a future, created by ill shoko's mind (they explain it somehow in the movie, something with different flows of time, i dont remember correctly).
but to ease it up we can forget about that fact and mark the following:
so now we have real little shoko, which doesnt need surgery yet and we have grown up shoko with sakuta's heart, which 'came' from the future. there is no problem so far. when everything comes to climax, sakuta either needs to die to save little shoko, which now needs surgery, or shoko dies.
after mai's death and going back to the 'past' sakura mentiones that he can try doing something like going way back to the past and helping shoko somehow, but he will need to start relationships with everyone from scratch (he may not even be able to do that). but it obviously wouldnt work, and shoko knows that too.
so she can't bear seeing sakuta grieving over her and she changes everything so that before going to univercity sakura doesnt meet future shoko on the beach, and so that he wouldnt ever know her, but still would go to the same univercity. she achieved that by sending sakuta dreams about mai.

so the ending:
everything goes back to normal flow of time, i guess it is about the time sakuta first met shoko on the beach.
but now he doesnt meet here there. instead he sees some dreams of bunny girl senpai, which is going to some univercity and he desides to believe his dreams and go there too, starting everything from scratch, but it all ends the same, actually. everything goes back to the way it were in the first episode of series, i guess.
but shoko dies without replacing her heart, and even without sakuta knowing who she is

i guess thats it, hope it helped
Aug 5, 2022 2:00 PM

Nov 2021
XalekMe said:
Bandulf said:

so during the first season the heart didn't actually exist twice. you see, the shoko, bearing sakuta's heart, isn't actually real. in fact, none of it is real, but a future, created by ill shoko's mind (they explain it somehow in the movie, something with different flows of time, i dont remember correctly).
so now we have real little shoko, which doesnt need surgery yet and we have grown up shoko with sakuta's heart, which 'came' from the future. there is no problem so far. when everything comes to climax, sakuta either needs to die to save little shoko, which now needs surgery, or shoko dies.
after mai's death and going back to the 'past' sakura mentiones that he can try doing something like going way back to the past and helping shoko somehow, but he will need to start relationships with everyone from scratch (he may not even be able to do that). but it obviously wouldnt work, and shoko knows that too.
so she can't bear seeing sakuta grieving over her and she changes everything so that before going to univercity sakura doesnt meet future shoko on the beach, and so that he wouldnt ever know her, but still would go to the same univercity. she achieved that by sending sakuta dreams about mai.

so the ending:
everything goes back to normal flow of time, i guess it is about the time sakuta first met shoko on the beach.
but now he doesnt meet here there. instead he sees some dreams of bunny girl senpai, which is going to some univercity and he desides to believe his dreams and go there too, starting everything from scratch, but it all ends the same, actually. everything goes back to the way it were in the first episode of series, i guess.
but shoko dies without replacing her heart, and even without sakuta knowing who she is

no bro you are quite wrong here what you said first that's the ending, because I have been reading the light novel since 2018 and if you still don't believe me then check this page out.....
https://aobuta.fandom.com/wiki/Shoko_Makinohara
for your information fandom's information is always true...

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Aug 5, 2022 2:02 PM
Aug 2020
Thank you, that helped me a lot. However, I must admit that time travel and the resulting paradoxes are a little too high for me.

I can live with the ending, but sakuta made me pretty angry in the film. He constantly tries to sacrifice his relationship.
Aug 5, 2022 2:05 PM

May 2022
NeelSenpai said:
XalekMe said:

so the ending:

no bro you are quite wrong here what you said first that's the ending, because I have been reading the light novel since 2018 and if you still don't believe me then check this page out.....

if you mean the ending scene, you are right, i totally forgot about it. but she would die anyway, woudnt she? she is still in need of heart replacement.
anything else i got mistaken in?
Aug 5, 2022 2:07 PM
Jun 2021
Bandulf said:
Thank you, that helped me a lot. However, I must admit that time travel and the resulting paradoxes are a little too high for me.

I can live with the ending, but sakuta made me pretty angry in the film. He constantly tries to sacrifice his relationship.

right it was so annoying like just live peacefully with mai. there’s such a thing as too much drama
Aug 5, 2022 2:09 PM

Nov 2021
yeah she did indeed need that but she goes back to her old self....kinda like that I can't explain it in words so watch the ending scene again (animesuge.to this website youh can watch now) ...
any way Sakuta, shouko, Mai they all are alive.... if you want to know how then check the last 10 minutes,you will understand.....

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Aug 2020
Wasn't she already born sick? There should be no time when she could change that.
Aug 2021
Bandulf said:

Would you believe me if I told you that the light novel is still on going?
Aug 5, 2022 2:10 PM

May 2022
Bandulf said:

well, i can relate. imagine watching something serious, long and disturbing, so after that you need a therapy and you see an innocent daily routine romcom. but then it turns into something likes this with overdone drama and time travel mysteries.
now that was pretty much my story lol
Aug 5, 2022 2:10 PM

Nov 2021
XalekMe said:
NeelSenpai said:

if you mean the ending scene, you are right, i totally forgot about it. but she would die anyway, woudnt she? she is still in need of heart replacement.

sorry I forgot to quote that line....

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Aug 5, 2022 2:11 PM
Aug 2020
DeathExotic said:
Bandulf said:

Yes, I have heard about it. However, I really can't imagine the future of the story. The film feels closed.
Aug 5, 2022 2:13 PM

May 2022
NeelSenpai said:
XalekMe said:

nah, i got you anyway. will try to look for more information in that, as well as rewatching the ending scene. but happy ending for all just doesnt sit right with me. everything was so bad, like bad bad, and it was all about the choice whom to die and whom to live. and then everything is okay again? not sure how i feel about that
Aug 5, 2022 2:16 PM

May 2022
Bandulf said:
DeathExotic said:

Yes, I have heard about it. However, I really can't imagine the future of the story. The film feels closed.

same here, i dont even think it needs continuation. everything we ve been waiting for the whole series and a movie was sakuta getting on a date with mai, and it finally happened.
maybe it will cover something of the not-so-distant future, i dunno
just dont milk the show to much, dammit
Aug 5, 2022 2:17 PM
Aug 2020
XalekMe said:
Bandulf said:

well, i can relate. imagine watching something serious, long and disturbing, so after that you need a therapy and you see an innocent daily routine romcom. but then it turns into something likes this with overdone drama and time travel mysteries.

I can understand that. Never wanted to start the anime because of the title and the cover. I thought Bunny Girl sounded silly. Started it completely blind less than a week ago and am overwhelmed. Expected comedy and got a new "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya" version.
Aug 5, 2022 2:17 PM

Nov 2021
XalekMe said:
NeelSenpai said:

nah, i got you anyway. will try to look for more information in that, as well as rewatching the ending scene. but happy ending for all just doesnt sit right with me. everything was so bad, like bad bad, and it was all about the choice whom to die and whom to live. and then everything is okay again? not sure how i feel about that

bro what's your problem ???
I see happy ending does't suit you ....
sou why did you watched the anime at first place.....
if you that much badly want to break your heart into pices then you should watch -
1) your lie in April
2) I want to eat your pancreas
3) angel Beats
4) plastic memories
5) 5 centimetres per second
6) grave of fireflies
7) assassination classroom
8) anohona
9) true tears
10) akagme ga kill
11) hotarubi no mori
neel_senpaiAug 5, 2022 2:22 PM

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Aug 5, 2022 2:20 PM

May 2022
Bandulf said:
XalekMe said:

I can understand that. Never wanted to start the anime because of the title and the cover. I thought Bunny Girl sounded silly. Started it completely blind less than a week ago and am overwhelmed. Expected comedy and got a new "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya" version.

oh, relatively speaking, the title is not that repellent and weird at all. you see, the one thing manga/anime enjoyers needs to learn, and which i myself still need to learn is to never ever judge by the title, lol. it may say some weirs shit but anime being good as hell
Aug 5, 2022 2:25 PM

May 2022
NeelSenpai said:
XalekMe said:

if you that much badly want to break your heart into pices then you should watch -
1) your lie in April
3) angel Beats
4) plastic memories
6) grave of fireflies
8) anohona
9) true tears
10) akagme ga kill
11) hotarubi no mori

nah, i'm actually neutral whether it is happy or unhappy ending, if it sits right with the plot. either way i get my truck of emotions. but in my opinion, shoko being alive and unharmed and everything else turning out okay kinda devalues thw whole meaning of their adventure.
it all basically starts with shoko being sick and sakuta trying hard to save her. why didnt shoko do that magic thing earlier to bring everything to normal, if she could do it from the start? there would be no tears, no deaths, no ran-over bunnie suits
Aug 5, 2022 2:25 PM
Aug 2020
Yes, I was too quick to judge. When it came out on Netflix in my country, I only watched until their first meeting and then gave up. Thought it was actually a show about a bunny girl. But I like mysterious anime.
Aug 5, 2022 2:27 PM

May 2022
NeelSenpai said:
XalekMe said:

1) your lie in April
3) angel Beats
4) plastic memories
6) grave of fireflies
8) anohona
9) true tears
10) akagme ga kill
11) hotarubi no mori

quite depressing titles you got there. i watched only the second one, and it didnt actually made me cry, i guess im stone hearted or sumthin. tho i got some of that ten in my plan-to-watch list
Aug 5, 2022 2:28 PM
Aug 2020
XalekMe said:
NeelSenpai said:

1) your lie in April
3) angel Beats
4) plastic memories
6) grave of fireflies
8) anohona
9) true tears
10) akagme ga kill
11) hotarubi no mori

nah, i'm actually neutral whether it is happy or unhappy ending, if it sits right with the plot. either way i get my truck of emotions. but in my opinion, shoko being alive and unharmed and everything else turning out okay kinda devalues thw whole meaning of their adventure.
it all basically starts with shoko being sick and sakuta trying hard to save her. why didnt shoko do that magic thing earlier to bring everything to normal, if she could do it from the start? there would be no tears, no deaths, no ran-over bunnie suits

Is this the canon interpretation? Then Shoko could have saved herself completely, couldn't she? Why wait so long in the first place?
Aug 5, 2022 2:29 PM

Nov 2021
XalekMe said:
NeelSenpai said:

1) your lie in April
3) angel Beats
4) plastic memories
6) grave of fireflies
8) anohona
9) true tears
10) akagme ga kill
11) hotarubi no mori

quite depressing titles you got there. i watched only the second one, and it didnt actually made me cry, i guess im stone hearted or sumthin. tho i got some of that ten in my plan-to-watch list
bro I also had't watched all of them just the your lie in April, I want to eat your pancreas, grave of fireflies and hotarubi no mori o sorry sorry I also wached assassination classroom though it is not that sad....

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Aug 5, 2022 2:30 PM

May 2022
Bandulf said:
XalekMe said:

Is this the canon interpretation? Then Shoko could have saved herself completely, couldn't she? Why wait so long in the first place?

i havent read up on that yet, so cannot be sure. i only judge by what neelsenpai stated
Aug 5, 2022 2:31 PM

Nov 2021
Bandulf said:
XalekMe said:

because she was not sure she can do it but after seeing Sakuta suffer she decided to do that whatever happens with her .....

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Aug 5, 2022 2:34 PM

May 2022
Bandulf said:
Yes, I was too quick to judge. When it came out on Netflix in my country, I only watched until their first meeting and then gave up. Thought it was actually a show about a bunny girl. But I like mysterious anime.

oh, then you may as well like 'Erased' ('Boku dake ga inai machi'). it kinda messes with time travel too and a bit of mystery, and it is not that hard to understand too, since there is a smooth explanation to everything
one of my favourites, sucked me in from the first episode without letting go
Aug 5, 2022 2:36 PM
Aug 2020
So far, I've only been curious enough to read the end of an anime twice. With Inuyasha I had to know how it ends with kikyo and with Oregairu I have read all 14 volumes. That's why I'll never do it again. It makes me lose all respect for the animated version and in the end you're just arguing with the anime only fans about little things.
Besides, I can live with this ending. Maybe we'll still be lucky and there will be more at some point.
--------
Oh I saw Erased. Tragic story, horrifying ending. Really made me angry.
Aug 5, 2022 2:47 PM

May 2022
Bandulf said:
So far, I've only been curious enough to read the end of an anime twice. With Inuyasha I had to know how it ends with kikyo and with Oregairu I have read all 14 volumes. That's why I'll never do it again. It makes me lose all respect for the animated version and in the end you're just arguing with the anime only fans about little things.
Besides, I can live with this ending. Maybe we'll still be lucky and there will be more at some point.
--------

well, sometimes it is better to know what the source is, and then after reading up to the end, consolidate your experience by watching the adaptation.
i read up to the end of attack on titan, when there is only 12 episodes or so left and they come out only in 2023. i just couldnt wait one more year with just so little left, and i dont regret an inch. cried over the ending and im ready to do it again when last season airs.
though they say manga ending kinda sucks so there are gossips about changing the ending in adaptation, which i dont really believe. but imagine seing both outcomes even if it will be true
and there are also some animes which are horrible but their sources could be counted as masterpieces.
and there is no need to argue about anything with anime-only, since source readers know way more and thats obvious. after all we all gather here to enjoy some good shit, no matter how we do it
Aug 5, 2022 2:52 PM

May 2022
Bandulf said:
--------

oh, you did? i just didnt notice it in your anime list. yep, the ending did dirty with my mind, but i managed to cope with it. at least he got his friends and mom back, and also saved kayo. at first i was angry with them not becoming a couple, but hen i realised it wouldnt really be right and fair. satoru was an adult, at least spiritually, when he got to know little kayo, falling in love with her kinda makes him a pedo, lol
Aug 5, 2022 3:00 PM
Aug 2020
That's what I meant. This urge to know the end. There weren't that many Inuyasha episodes in my language at the time. After I finished it, I continued watching in English with subtitles. Then in Japanese with English subtitles. When I ran out of those too, the rest as manga. Only with Bunny Girl Senpai do I not have this urge. I can come to terms with the end of the film for now.

------------
Erased was hard to take. Not bad...but it really got to me and not necessarily in a positive sense. I understand why the ending was necessary...only I'd prefer to forget it.
Aug 5, 2022 4:02 PM
Jan 2019
Sick of this.
Sincerely.
Aug 6, 2022 5:00 AM

May 2021
You'll become bald if you try to find logic behind that ending. Its just made that way for the dramas sake i guess
Aug 19, 2022 6:20 PM

May 2022
Twatin said:
You'll become bald if you try to find logic behind that ending. Its just made that way for the dramas sake i guess

Definite cliffhanger that would be sad to end on if there is no sequel.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Yumemiru Shoujo no Yume wo Minai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Jun 15, 2019

309 by Tamer2002 »»
Apr 17, 3:35 AM

» Can Someone explain me the ending ? ( 1 2 )

Hoshimiya1 - Nov 30, 2019

59 by ryotakki »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:27 PM

» Shouko Makinohara's puberty syndrome

Alka_traz - Dec 28, 2022

14 by Amexia »»
Sep 2, 2023 11:43 PM

» Sequel Format : Movie. Limited Release January 7 on Japan

Dbagas8 - Dec 3, 2022

8 by kotosugu »»
Dec 4, 2022 6:26 AM

» Sequel Confirmed!

_MushiRock11_ - Sep 24, 2022

19 by Mamontt »»
Sep 24, 2022 9:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.