New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 19, 2022 7:35 AM

Aug 2021
na bro , i binged season 1-5 and it sucked in the last season
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Jul 19, 2022 7:52 AM

Nov 2021
This man just takes sooo many Ls each time he opens his mouth.
Jul 19, 2022 8:30 AM
Jan 2021
I wouldn't say its bad its just kinda meh just like the show as a whole
Jul 19, 2022 8:39 AM
Jan 2022
Komedi_Incoming said:
_-Nakura-_ said:
dont remember asking though.

here fetch your "cool" card
id rather not if its coming from you
Jul 19, 2022 8:40 AM
Dec 2020
It was slow, but it covered some important developments. It wasn't bad, but it does kinda feel like an entire season was spent setting up for a big season 6.
Jul 19, 2022 8:50 AM
Dec 2021
i agree ! honestly, the joint training battle thing had its' boring parts, and the arcs order switch threw me off guard. but i don't think it's as bad as most people made it seem to be 🤷
Jul 19, 2022 8:53 AM

May 2021
If it WAS a long running show,than i am sure that the quality would have dwindled a long ago and also,the hate would have been more concrete.
Every "Development" u just mentioned is nothing but superficial,Not that its inherently bad,but the show's cosmetic intricacies render them pathetic,idk why u all think that bakugo is a good character.The only one bearable is endeavour.
Jul 19, 2022 9:28 AM
Jan 2021
It honestly took me so long to finish this season because I watched it weekly for the first few episodes and was so incredibly bored that I just didn't want to watch it. I've read the manga too and at least this arc in the manga didn't make me not want to read it anymore. Animation was sub par, arcs were all boring, rearrangement of the arcs was dumb and ruined MVA, and all for a movie that was pointless and boring as well. I really hope they get their act together for season 6 because this arc is really the make or break for anime only fans
Jul 19, 2022 9:28 AM
Aug 2019
I love MHA for the competitions. So the first half of season 5 of MHA I loved it, also cuz you gotta see my boy Shinso. But the second half felt like it got dark and serious too quick. It was a weird transition from light and entertaining to very dark in a split second. It felt like the first half didn’t matter and it was a build up for season 6. I like the more light hearted stuff I guess. Season 5 is my least favorite season but the rest are all solid imo. I also wait till the full season is out so I can binge it, but everyone has their preferences.
hhiskeyJul 19, 2022 9:35 AM
Jul 19, 2022 9:31 AM
Jan 2021
OrientalAve said:
Tbh as much as this season gets hated on I personally find this season as a buffer for season 6 this season was just kinda building the characters up and adding more depth to them to prepare for season 6.

Now keep in mind I am anime only so if this was just a really bad adaptation of the chapters then that’s something else.

yeah it wasn't a great adaptation of the chapters. MVA was my favorite arc in the manga and they totally butchered it by giving something that was like was 25 chapters in the manga like 3-4 episodes in the anime. Spinner had developed this arc in the manga and they totally cut it in the anime
Jul 19, 2022 10:50 AM
Nov 2020
wow you are completely wrong.

season 5 was just overall pretty bad. And I have been watching since season 3. I watched season 3 weekly when it came out and had no problem with it.
Jul 19, 2022 11:34 AM
Jan 2021
No season 5 was just ass
Jul 19, 2022 11:36 AM

Nov 2020
average My Hero academia fan be like

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to
Everything will be alright if

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Jul 19, 2022 11:46 AM
Apr 2020
I disagree. I didn’t watch it as it came out, the character development wasn’t bad but it just wasn’t super exciting either. I didn’t really think the villain part was that great too.
Jul 19, 2022 12:26 PM

May 2020
Sushi099 said:
I disagree. I didn’t watch it as it came out, the character development wasn’t bad but it just wasn’t super exciting either. I didn’t really think the villain part was that great too.

exciting =/= better.
CickNipollaJul 19, 2022 12:32 PM
Jul 19, 2022 12:30 PM
Apr 2020
CickNipolla said:
Sushi099 said:

fun fact but more exciting =/= better.

Well yeah I'm just saying it didn't keep me engaged or coming back for more. I just finished it because I started it and felt like I should. No other reason.
Jul 19, 2022 1:07 PM
Jun 2021
CickNipolla said:
Theres no denying that seasonal week-by-week viewing of anime significantly decreased the enjoyment and quality of a show. Watching one episode a week just isnt the same as watching a few at a time. You wait a year for a season to air and its more setting up things than anything.

My Hero Academia S5 comes off boring when you watch week by week, because new gen anime fans cant handle slow paced shows. The messages and themes of S5 are actually really well thought out and executed. People just expected 24/7 intense action, which obviously cant always be going on.

Bakugo learning team work, Deku learning a lot about All for One, Endeavor family redemption, Kurogiri, and Shigaraki backstory are the core aspects of the show. You arent supposed to look at S5 for its action/battles

It's just bad. Except mva arc
Jul 19, 2022 1:08 PM

May 2020
ecksdee58 said:
CickNipolla said:
Theres no denying that seasonal week-by-week viewing of anime significantly decreased the enjoyment and quality of a show. Watching one episode a week just isnt the same as watching a few at a time. You wait a year for a season to air and its more setting up things than anything.

My Hero Academia S5 comes off boring when you watch week by week, because new gen anime fans cant handle slow paced shows. The messages and themes of S5 are actually really well thought out and executed. People just expected 24/7 intense action, which obviously cant always be going on.

Bakugo learning team work, Deku learning a lot about All for One, Endeavor family redemption, Kurogiri, and Shigaraki backstory are the core aspects of the show. You arent supposed to look at S5 for its action/battles

my hero academia must be peak shonen if even its bad season got an 8/10 from you
Jul 19, 2022 3:43 PM
Jun 2020
no. Just no. Season 5 was actually trash and represents this show’s fanbase as a whole. If u genuinely think it was good, then it’s funny how blinded by hype people actually are when it comes to shounen animes. Although I will admit I’m biased because I literally don’t even like this show, I think it’s pretty trash for the most part and 95% of the characters have like 1 personality trait and they focus on world building and development of those same trash characters which makes it more annoying.
Cross_2DJul 19, 2022 3:46 PM
Jul 19, 2022 3:46 PM
May 2021
it poorly adapted the manga in my mind. it removed some of the stuff and the animation was pretty lackluster. a big disservice to the manga.
Jul 19, 2022 4:23 PM
Jun 2020
CickNipolla said:
Cross_2D said:
no. Just no. Season 5 was actually trash and represents this show’s fanbase as a whole. If u genuinely think it was good, then it’s funny how blinded by hype people actually are when it comes to shounen animes.

u have a show that sexualizies a 16 year old in ur favorites and ur claiming mha is trash, right.

I can’t claim facts. MHA is trash. Also if ur talking about Marin she’s 15 LMAO
Jul 19, 2022 4:40 PM
Nov 2021
episode 4 was so bad after i finished that episode i put the show on hold for 4 months the amount of cringe from that episode made me give up on it till i came back and decided to finish it
Jul 19, 2022 4:54 PM
Jun 2020
yngboifresh said:
episode 4 was so bad after i finished that episode i put the show on hold for 4 months the amount of cringe from that episode made me give up on it till i came back and decided to finish it

and to nobody’s surprise it did not get any better
Jul 19, 2022 5:42 PM
Jun 2021
CickNipolla said:
ecksdee58 said:

my hero academia must be peak shonen if even its bad season got an 8/10 from you
like i said mva really saved the day i gave it an 8 to compensate.
Jul 19, 2022 6:00 PM
Jun 2021
Season 5's weekly aring episodes did not make it bad to was because of the lack luster first cour of the season where everything thing felt like a superficial action fanservice.
Jul 19, 2022 6:08 PM

Jan 2020
Even as a MHA fan, I think it wasn’t a great season. Hopefully S6 will be better
Jul 20, 2022 6:15 AM
Feb 2021
CickNipolla said:

I agree that the week-by-week watching of this show made it a worse experience but that’s not the only reason why it wasn’t enjoyable.

Lots of the issues have to do with how MVA was adapted and how they spent more time on 1A vs 1B when in the manga, these arcs have about the same number of chapters.
Jul 20, 2022 7:10 AM
Jul 2020
I've watched the last three seasons weekly, and enjoyed S3 and S4 significantly more than S5, mostly because we're this far into the series and we're getting another training arc, the only point of which is to show us the classes new powers.
Watching it weekly or binging doesn't change the fact that this particular part of the series just isn't as good.
Jul 20, 2022 4:07 PM
Apr 2021
Season 5 is hated for having worse animation, sloppy pacing, and butchering one of the best arcs in the series
Jul 20, 2022 5:06 PM

May 2020
GyroZone said:
Season 5 is hated for having worse animation, sloppy pacing, and butchering one of the best arcs in the series

the war arcs, hero killer arc, and one for all arcs are unanimously more liked than the MVA arc, so ur just straight wrong
Jul 20, 2022 5:25 PM
Mar 2021
Saying that seasonal viewing is the ONLY reason is not true at all.
People didn't like this season because the pacing was terrible, the animation quality was significantly decreased compared to the previous seasons, and the filler beach episode.
You said that new gen anime fans can't handle slow pacing. That's actually kind of true but it doesn't excuse the fact that they stretched out the most uneventful arc of the series into 9 episodes which is almost half of the season. We aren't mad cuz we didn't get action 24/7, we're mad because they kept padding. In the training arc there has been a 1-2 minute recap in almost every single episode. 50% of episode 17 was flashbacks, 99% of episode 1 was recap, and 100% of episode 16 was completely pointless.
This season does have some pretty cool things, but it gets overshadowed by so much fluff.
Jul 20, 2022 11:07 PM
May 2019
Nah. the weekly format has never been a factor in peoples enjoyment. It certainly wasn't for the previous 4 seasons.

Let's call a spade a spade and say Season 5 was bad. It happens, the studio preferred to spend the money making a useless movie, then use those funds to make the best season possible. The animation wasn't as good as previous seasons, they unnecessarily dragged the joint training arc and then the way they went about shuffling events around was a brutal mistake they made to once again coincide with a movie release in the middle of the season. My Villain Academia was ruined by both spoiling the finale of it before it happened, and then by censoring the violence in it.
Jul 20, 2022 11:55 PM

Jun 2022
CickNipolla said:

These are probably the reasons that made people hate this anime, it's not drama you know.
Jul 21, 2022 12:21 AM
Dec 2019
DarkSoul1782 said:
CickNipolla said:

> claims something is bad without elaborating
> gives quintessential quinuplets s2 a 9/10.

lol

Akame ga kill is one of ur fav anime bro don't even chat

You literally do the same thing as him, you are not better in any way.

Just let people enjoy the things they like.
Jul 21, 2022 5:17 AM
Jun 2012
CickNipolla said:

I’m denying it right now. Season 5 was good, week by week or not. I liked it.

No annoying characters, that’s always a win to me.
Jul 22, 2022 12:32 PM
Jul 2022
S5 was rly rough. It was bad for most the episodes. I liked the Christmas one and the one w/ sirius, nejere, ochaco, and froppy. The class A & B fights were pointless. I mean they weren’t bad, just pointless. Like they could have at least finished the school yr after 5 seasons, BUT NO. And the todoroki fam crap was annoying. I get it. It was overly traumatic. But like it was just cringe. I was so disappointed by this retarded crap they made
Jul 31, 2022 12:00 AM

Aug 2012
It's terrible because it's just wrong. I have watched anime from that season (Tokyo revengers and fumetsu no anata e) weekly and still good.
Aug 12, 2022 4:30 PM

Aug 2014
Cestlavie_ said:
Nah they changed the order of events for S5 that's why the first half was boring to get through
added some filler and put the most interesting arc that was supposed to start the season at the end
with meh animation, just made the season come of as meh

The last arc was the most interesting? Explain why.
The season was usual stuff intermingled with some really nice character development on the hero side. I enjoyed it mildly up until the last arc which was terrible due to the arch enemy "League of Villains" being as comically farcical as ever. They want to destroy/take over the world because whatever reasons.
Shigaraki was pathetic in all seasons up to now, acting as the leader of the League of Villains with no power to back it up, most "off-season villains" were more entertaining.
This arc was the chance to finally make him interesting, instead they just showed he was a psycho from the start. Killed his dog unknowingly, cried for his sister then CHASED HER and killed her, then cried again for his mother and killed her, then finally cried for protection and when his father came killed him in cold blood. It shows him being a complete psycho from the start and adds less than nothing.
Aug 15, 2022 9:18 AM
Sep 2016
CickNipolla said:

As someone who waited until the show was done in its entirety before watching it, I can safely say that no, watching the show a few episodes at a time rather than week by week did not change the fact that this was the worst season of MHA and deserves to be criticized for its mediocre quality compared to other seasons, as well as the poor decision-making with rushing the MVA arc and having probably the worst episode of the series, episode 16 - Long Time No See, Selkie. I personally still enjoy the series, but this thread is just pure copium.
Aug 17, 2022 8:14 PM
Aug 2021
I was legit about to drop off mha after the clusterfuck that was s4. but Gave it a chance one last time. and safe to say it's their best season yet since 3 or maybe even better? idk. but I don't understand the hate. ppl are retarded, mfs legit liked s4 more than this one where the story is mid action is mid and then we get to the worst fucking Arc the school dance thing if I wasn't watching that shit weekly one episode at a time I wouldn't have been able to finish s4. it was absolute pain to sit through. but s5 redeemed mha for me we get a cool Arc where the bois learn new moves some amazing animation (yes contrary to popular belief s4 had "bad" animation in comparison ) and really well directed - choreographed action scenes. and the story and drama between characters was written well. unlike the abomination that was s4. and the mva most hyped shit by the manga readers. it was OK. I literally read it after the shit stains on Mal and Twitter started to say that "they massacred my boy" and it was the same thing as was in the anime adaptation. except they changed some few scenes and took out that ninja turtle guy shit. (which isn't so bad cuz I doubt anyone gives a shit about him. they'll probably animate it when the time is right. but nothing important missed). so in conclusion don't trust manga readers mfs hype shit to the extreme it'll only impede ur experience.
Aug 17, 2022 11:38 PM
Aug 2021
Hyperorion said:
I was legit about to drop off mha after the clusterfuck that was s4. but Gave it a chance one last time. and safe to say it's their best season yet since 3 or maybe even better? idk. but I don't understand the hate. ppl are retarded, mfs legit liked s4 more than this one where the story is mid action is mid and then we get to the worst fucking Arc the school dance thing if I wasn't watching that shit weekly one episode at a time I wouldn't have been able to finish s4. it was absolute pain to sit through. but s5 redeemed mha for me we get a cool Arc where the bois learn new moves some amazing animation (yes contrary to popular belief s4 had "bad" animation in comparison ) and really well directed - choreographed action scenes. and the story and drama between characters was written well. unlike the abomination that was s4. and the mva most hyped shit by the manga readers. it was OK. I literally read it after the shit stains on Mal and Twitter started to say that "they massacred my boy" and it was the same thing as was in the anime adaptation. except they changed some few scenes and took out that ninja turtle guy shit. (which isn't so bad cuz I doubt anyone gives a shit about him. they'll probably animate it when the time is right. but nothing important missed). so in conclusion don't trust manga readers mfs hype shit to the extreme it'll only impede ur experience.
I completely agree lol I don’t understand how mf really like that gentle criminal bullshit but complain about my villain academia smh the only good thing about season 4 was seeing deku go 100% and maybe endeavors fight vs season 5 wasn’t that action packed in the beginning because of the class joint training but still we got some big moments in that. Deku getting a new power, us learning more about all for one and one for alls beef, and freaking Bakugo learning team which was amazing to see. Then don’t even get me started on Shigaraki and the Leagues back story. A million times better than season 4 we probably only had like 3 or 4 good moments from that season and they mostly came from side character not even our main guys
Aug 18, 2022 12:36 AM

May 2020
Pop720 said:
Hyperorion said:
I completely agree lol I don’t understand how mf really like that gentle criminal bullshit but complain about my villain academia smh the only good thing about season 4 was seeing deku go 100% and maybe endeavors fight vs season 5 wasn’t that action packed in the beginning because of the class joint training but still we got some big moments in that. Deku getting a new power, us learning more about all for one and one for alls beef, and freaking Bakugo learning team which was amazing to see. Then don’t even get me started on Shigaraki and the Leagues back story. A million times better than season 4 we probably only had like 3 or 4 good moments from that season and they mostly came from side character not even our main guys

no offense but if u brush off the last two episodes of s4 so easily, it shows ur opinion of mha legit does not matter.

endeavors spotlight at the end of the season is not only like the 2nd highest rated episode of MHA, but its widely regarded as one of the best moments of the entire show
Aug 18, 2022 12:39 AM
Aug 2021
CickNipolla said:
Pop720 said:

no offense but if u brush off the last two episodes of s4 so easily, it shows ur opinion of mha legit does not matter.

endeavors spotlight at the end of the season is not only like the 2nd highest rated episode of MHA, but its widely regarded as one of the best moments of the entire show
oh don’t get me wrong that fight was definitely one of the top one and shows how far endeavors come since the start of the show. He’s included in those moments I talked about. Him and Miro but imo those are they only good things about that season especially compared to the end of season 5
Aug 18, 2022 12:42 AM
Aug 2021
Pop720 said:
CickNipolla said:

oh don’t get me wrong that fight was definitely one of the top one and shows how far endeavors come since the start of the show. He’s included in those moments I talked about. Him and Miro but imo those are they only good things about that season especially compared to the end of season 5
also don’t say no offense and then try and insult someone especially when you obviously know nothing of mha if you’re jumping on the season 5 is trash bandwagon
Aug 18, 2022 12:43 AM

May 2020
Pop720 said:
CickNipolla said:

MHA has such a high bar from the first 3 seasons that, even though s4 seems like a let down, its still good. It just could never be as good without allmight
Aug 18, 2022 12:47 AM
Aug 2021
CickNipolla said:
Pop720 said:

MHA has such a high bar from the first 3 seasons that, even though s4 seems like a let down, its still good. It just could never be as good without allmight
that is very true the first wasn’t too bad we had a lot of great moments and and fight not just from deku but also red riot, 2 members of the big even nighteyes fight was cool but then we had the bullshit of gentle criminal which ruined the whole season for me it was only then redeemed with the endeavor vs high end fight
Oct 11, 2022 10:31 PM
Aug 2013
CickNipolla said:

Many people are crying because they didn't get enough action

This season was better than S4 -- it is the worst for me

Many characters developed in this season which was nice

It is all about plot progression and character development for me
Oct 15, 2022 8:23 AM

Aug 2014
Pop720 said:
Pop720 said:
also don’t say no offense and then try and insult someone especially when you obviously know nothing of mha if you’re jumping on the season 5 is trash bandwagon

Offense meant so please take offense. S4 was great, especially the looming threat and the unease you could see in everyone involved. Instead of a superhero-flick it made it feel more real, these are just kids. Imo S4 added something that made it easier to connect with the show and made it feel more real in the mundane stuff. If you can't appreciate that it's your loss, and if you wanna brush off the entire season with "lul that gentle criminal bullshit" then you deserve offense. :)
Oct 20, 2022 3:58 PM
May 2018
Just watched the first 12 episoded and agree with you ..I didn't watch it weekly but heard alot of criticism while the anime was airing.. Now that I watched it , I actually enjoyed alot , the training arc was interesting and B-Class characters specially are great as well as some development for our main characters like ida and bakugo
Oct 21, 2022 1:49 AM
Aug 2021
sockerdricka said:
Pop720 said:

Offense meant so please take offense. S4 was great, especially the looming threat and the unease you could see in everyone involved. Instead of a superhero-flick it made it feel more real, these are just kids. Imo S4 added something that made it easier to connect with the show and made it feel more real in the mundane stuff. If you can't appreciate that it's your loss, and if you wanna brush off the entire season with "lul that gentle criminal bullshit" then you deserve offense. :)
you sound dumb as hell and obviously don’t watch much anime this must be your first. I’m not brushing off the season Jackass I’m saying 5 was better than 4 period. You talk about getting real 5 was the realest so far especially coming from the villains point of view. Check your facts and stop mouthing off like a bitch before you come at other peoples opinion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.