Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 27, 2022 2:25 AM
Jul 2018
Mikasa said:
It's being milked beyond value or substance... so as long as it makes money.

See, this what I'm talking about.
This thread is about when one piece will end but instead you are just giving an irrelevant comment.
May 27, 2022 2:51 AM

Mar 2012
VolKur said:
Mikasa said:
It's being milked beyond value or substance... so as long as it makes money.

This thread is about when one piece will end but instead you are just giving an irrelevant comment.

This is perfectly pertinent to the topic. OP asked how many years are left and given that the series is being milked my response is perfectly valid (and correct)

I know you'll never accept criticism of the series and the author but that won't stop people from voicing them.
End Zionazism
May 27, 2022 5:16 AM

Nov 2016
Mikasa said:
VolKur said:

This is perfectly pertinent to the topic. OP asked how many years are left and given that the series is being milked my response is perfectly valid (and correct)

I know you'll never accept criticism of the series and the author but that won't stop people from voicing them.

Your response is infatile and far from correct. One Piece has still a story to tell and would easily keep making money for another 25 years. That obviously won't happen because it will end in the nearer future.

Voicing criticism isn't exactly your forte kiddo, you're not even a decent troll 😉

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 27, 2022 5:31 AM

Mar 2012
FMmatron said:
Mikasa said:

Your response is infatile and far from correct. One Piece has still a story to tell and would easily keep making money for another 25 years. That obviously won't happen because it will end in the nearer future.

Voicing criticism isn't exactly your forte kiddo, you're not even a decent troll 😉

The fanbase is so toxic they have to gaslight every single step of the way lmao.

"No you're just wrong and I am right" is the ultimate response, packed with the infantile* ad hominem.
End Zionazism
May 27, 2022 5:52 AM

Nov 2016
Mikasa said:
FMmatron said:

The fanbase is so toxic they have to gaslight every single step of the way lmao.

"No you're just wrong and I am right" is the ultimate response, packed with the infantile* ad hominem.

The born loser is who keeps blaming others for his misbehaviour.

It's easy to be right when the other (you in this case) is blatantly wrong.

One Piece will come to an end before becoming unprofitable, the story has been steadily progressing over the last 25 years, period.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 27, 2022 8:34 AM
Apr 2018
Oda mentioned that the story would take 5 more years to come to an end. I think this is just the manga? So the anime would take longer.
May 27, 2022 8:57 AM
Oct 2020
i expect 8 small arcs still to come (for more details https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/tv6hkc/sequence_of_the_remaining_arcs_elbaf_new/)

elbaf(30)->new marineford(50)->moon(20)->lodestar and fight against bb(40)->laughtale(30)->maryjoa raid(30)->logue town(20)->strawhats going their own way(10)

i wrote down the chapters i guess for each arc behind it. 230 chapters would take oda around 6.5 years if he does 35 chapters a year.

May 27, 2022 12:59 PM

Aug 2019
Mikasa said:
VolKur said:

I don't agree that the series is being "milked" though. Oda has a tendency of adding new subplots whenever a new idea comes to him, which he has admitted before and that's why the series is still in progress even though he originally planned for it to only last 4 years.

The fact that the series has lasted this long has more to do with him constantly derailing his own story than because he's milking it. The man's a multi-millionaire and could retire comfortably tomorrow if he wanted to, so it's unlikely that money is his motivator.
May 27, 2022 2:56 PM

Mar 2012
Early_Morning said:
Mikasa said:

I don't agree that the series is being "milked" though. Oda has a tendency of adding new subplots whenever a new idea comes to him, which he has admitted before and that's why the series is still in progress even though he originally planned for it to only last 4 years.

The fact that the series has lasted this long has more to do with him constantly derailing his own story than because he's milking it. The man's a multi-millionaire and could retire comfortably tomorrow if he wanted to, so it's unlikely that money is his motivator.

I’m not saying there aren’t new ideas. But the recycled content (the longer arcs, flashbacks, fight routines) far outweigh the original content (worldbuilding tidbits here and there)
End Zionazism
May 27, 2022 3:52 PM
May 2015
whatever, just get a better studio for the anime. so that another 5 or 10 years won't be wasted on shitty animation
May 27, 2022 9:54 PM

Sep 2015
Mikasa said:
VolKur said:

In terms of Anime, I would say it keeps getting dragged on, lately somewhere episode 983, that the pacing has been slow. Where half the chapter gets adapted, but for reasons such as making higher animations for those parts.

I don't read the manga, but judging from the anime alone, I will say that the other half (post-timeskip) the pacing has been terrible, which the arc called "Dressrosa" is notoriously known for that.

But the arc before Wano (Whole cake Island) had Oda rushing so he could get to Wano for the manga, and knowing that Wano has been going on for 4+ years, the reason for that is because there are lots of twists, and characters added in that its bloated. Many things had to be covered. However, the anime also drags thing on for the whole cake island as well.

I would say the anime is trying to buy more time for the sake of chapter releases and to give animators more time to make high quality animation for important scenes, hence why there are lots of flashbacks, and extra content that are added in. But for Oda's case, hes at the age when he can't afford to milk things. There was an article I read (but can't find) has said that, he is upset seeing people going to restaurants and hanging out with family, whereas he is stuck working. He has been in his same room all day, only getting 2-3 hours of sleep while being a heavy smoker. His age and health condition has worsened.

So no, I do not think the series is getting milked for the manga, but I also think that for the anime, it's not either, especially the cost per episode and the Wano animations that we have right now are the highest quality One Piece had received that they must keep up. Toei animation studio also can't afford any more time because the voice actors are at an old age as well.

The issues for sure exists, but the anime and manga being milked? Definitely not.

ALSO A DEUTSCHER MANN!! Can I add you?
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

May 27, 2022 10:03 PM

Sep 2015
dhifal said:
whatever, just get a better studio for the anime. so that another 5 or 10 years won't be wasted on shitty animation

Where are you going to find a studio that has the finance to do so? As time goes on, long-running animes are becoming way less likely since companies want to reduce the wastage of money. And it's a very stressful working environment.

Toei has made its revenue from the past 50+ years, especially how the workforce is shrinking more and more over time.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

May 27, 2022 10:35 PM
Apr 2022
Early_Morning said:
Mikasa said:

Yes he is Millionaire but money did not grow on tree for him . He became rich by milking all these years . It does bring money, so it’s the reason why he is adding more new ideas that come to him . If one piece was not this successful just like any other other author he would have finished the story long ago and started new manga .

No one works for free in this world . Money does motivate people to work harder .
Idk why some people defend with there lives when someone says being milked .
Being milked is a strategy used in many media . It’s not illegal or something. People here in this thread have no idea how it works . They acting like milking is a bad thing and therefore oda never does anything bad . Average one piece fans .

Yeah sure he can quite if he wants now because he rich . People forget how he became rich all these years .
But still series was milked all these years is true .
May 28, 2022 1:01 PM

Sep 2009
Probably a few more years at least
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelleee - Sep 13, 2008

377 by TheStarscream759 »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1015 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 23, 2022

476 by kappaisnew »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

54 by LadyLeeMing »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.