Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 25, 2022 11:54 PM
Oct 2020
Tokyo ghoul: re wasn't good as season 1 but yeah still I enjoyed it and I haven't read tokyo ghoul manga and don't know anything about it animation was good too and so were fight scenes anyone else enjoyed tokyo ghoul: re like me?
Feb 26, 2022 12:03 AM
Jun 2021
Paksh said:
Tokyo ghoul: re wasn't good as season 1 but yeah still I enjoyed it and I haven't read tokyo ghoul manga and don't know anything about it animation was good too and so were fight scenes anyone else enjoyed tokyo ghoul: re like me?

For me I really liked it and then I read the manga and it brought down the anime so much. The manga is just better in every way and things were cut and changed in the anime.
Feb 26, 2022 12:14 AM
Mar 2021
Paksh said:

Yes, even tho I think the second part of :Re was less good I really love the first part with Haise Sasaki. The dynamic of this group is so amazing and I really miss them that's why I might even rewatch the first part of :Re
Feb 26, 2022 12:18 AM
Oct 2020
SparCy said:
Paksh said:

For me I really liked it and then I read the manga and it brought down the anime so much. The manga is just better in every way and things were cut and changed in the anime.
SparCy said:
Paksh said:

I see well then I will start reading tokyo ghoul: re manga soon
Feb 26, 2022 12:20 AM
Sep 2021
I like how everyone is saying that TG anime is bad because manga ( which is true ), but I've never heard anyone really explain why the manga even is good
Feb 26, 2022 12:25 AM
Jun 2021
Paksh said:
SparCy said:

SparCy said:

no read tokyo ghoul first cause season 2 was completely changed from the source material. Honestly the only well adapted season was season 1
Feb 26, 2022 12:28 AM
Oct 2020
SparCy said:
Paksh said:
no read tokyo ghoul first cause season 2 was completely changed from the source material. Honestly the only well adapted season was season 1
Aight then from which chapter should I start reading?
Feb 26, 2022 12:30 AM
Jun 2021
Paksh said:
SparCy said:
Aight then from which chapter should I start reading?

From the start cause there is still stuff missed in the first season but compared to the other seasons it’s theres not a lot missed.
Feb 26, 2022 12:30 AM

Aug 2020
Barely, Tokyo Ghouls was my first Anime and after watching that I didn't watch anime for 2yrs

Feb 26, 2022 12:32 AM
May 2021
Part 1 of :re was not that good but I still enjoyed it, god knows why the final season has got rated even less than S2, it is not the worst season, opening and animation was good and I enjoyed it.
Feb 26, 2022 12:35 AM

Jul 2017
it was below average so meh, i just wanted to see touka and kaneki
Feb 26, 2022 12:46 AM

May 2021
Yeah of course, I don't know what wasn't enjoyable. People are just mad that the art design had changed and s2 was not faithful to the manga. So I had to read the manga a little to know what changes had happened. But tbh other than that I really enjoyed S3 and S4 because It was better than leaving the anime unfinished on S2.
Feb 26, 2022 1:22 AM
Jul 2021
As someone who's yet to read the manga, the anime was pure garbage. The pacing was outrageous, animation was terrible, no story, no character development, it was an absolute mess.
Feb 26, 2022 1:25 AM
Feb 2019
yh tbh it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, still a great anime but apparently the manga is wayyyy better so I recommend reading the manga aswell
Feb 26, 2022 1:25 AM
Feb 2019
BerserkerArmorr said:
As someone who's yet to read the manga, the anime was pure garbage. The pacing was outrageous, animation was terrible, no story, no character development, it was an absolute mess.

I meannnnn, it wasn't THAT bad
Feb 26, 2022 1:27 AM
Jul 2021
__booth_ said:
BerserkerArmorr said:

It really was. They smh brought back characters that were supposed to be dead, with no suspense or explanation whatsoever. The fights lasted like 3 seconds and were only still frames. Literally the only thing stopping me from giving this seaso a 1/10 is the amazing opening theme, that's it lol.
Feb 26, 2022 1:37 AM
Aug 2020
well it was good but i still wish it was animated properly by the studio.........
Cant think of a signature
Feb 26, 2022 1:40 AM
Feb 2019
BerserkerArmorr said:
__booth_ said:

It really was. They smh brought back characters that were supposed to be dead, with no suspense or explanation whatsoever. The fights lasted like 3 seconds and were only still frames. Literally the only thing stopping me from giving this seaso a 1/10 is the amazing opening theme, that's it lol.
personally for me, it was kinda alr but majority of the time I was confused on what was happening ngl, when season 2 started I thought "who tf are these random characters and why's kaneki got black hair" and that's what made me finish the anime, I wanted to know who tf those random characters were and why kaneki turned more emo, finding the answers to those questions left me feeling kinda satisfied which is why I've rated it as high as I have.
But I kinda agree with the points that you made and I don't think I'll give my full opinion on Tokyo ghoul until I've read the manga ngl.
Feb 26, 2022 1:55 AM
Jul 2021
__booth_ said:
BerserkerArmorr said:

personally for me, it was kinda alr but majority of the time I was confused on what was happening ngl, when season 2 started I thought "who tf are these random characters and why's kaneki got black hair" and that's what made me finish the anime, I wanted to know who tf those random characters were and why kaneki turned more emo, finding the answers to those questions left me feeling kinda satisfied which is why I've rated it as high as I have.
But I kinda agree with the points that you made and I don't think I'll give my full opinion on Tokyo ghoul until I've read the manga ngl.

Well manga fans keep telling me how much more detailed and better paced the manga is, so I have high hopes, and the art looks amazing from a few panels I've seen. Generally speaking I loved the concept of TG, if only the director actually cared about the series, it would've turned out so much better.
Feb 26, 2022 1:56 AM
Feb 2019
BerserkerArmorr said:
__booth_ said:

Well manga fans keep telling me how much more detailed and better paced the manga is, so I have high hopes, and the art looks amazing from a few panels I've seen. Generally speaking I loved the concept of TG, if only the director actually cared about the series, it would've turned out so much better.
facts, couldn't have said it any better
Feb 26, 2022 2:11 AM
Oct 2020
__booth_ said:
yh tbh it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, still a great anime but apparently the manga is wayyyy better so I recommend reading the manga aswell
Aight I started reading tg manga as you recommended I think it will probably take a while to reach tokyo ghoul: re
Feb 26, 2022 2:12 AM
Apr 2020
shit was actually awful to watch. I was so bored and irritated. I struggled every episode and I don't know how I got through.
Feb 26, 2022 2:14 AM
Oct 2020
BerserkerArmorr said:
__booth_ said:

I am excited too!This will be my first manga since I don't read any manga
Feb 26, 2022 2:39 AM
Dec 2021
Paksh said:

Read the manga, it's a huge diff. between them.
Feb 26, 2022 2:58 AM

Dec 2020
no definitely not the anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2022 2:59 AM
Oct 2020
kunxxl said:
Paksh said:

Read the manga, it's a huge diff. between them.
Yeah started reading tg manga
Feb 26, 2022 3:13 AM
Sep 2021
Paksh said:

Well Tokyo Ghoul was the first anime I actually completed (because I wasn’t really into anime so I had just dropped aot and my hero academia. Tokyo Ghoul managed to keep me until the end)and besides re part 1(which after reading the manga and rewatching the anime my opinion changed) I liked everything. We’re in the minority. Most will immediately call the whole anime shit and really for a good reason. Even though I really like this anime I can’t deny that after the first season it became a mess. It really needs a re:make
Feb 26, 2022 3:17 AM
Sep 2021
Paksh said:
SparCy said:

SparCy said:

Start from the beginning (Tokyo Ghoul volume 1)since the first 6.5 volumes are identical to the anime. Or if you’re too lazy start from volume 8
Feb 26, 2022 3:19 AM
Oct 2020
VeryGhoul said:
Paksh said:

Start from the beginning (Tokyo Ghoul volume 1)since the first 6.5 volumes are identical to the anime. Or if you’re too lazy start from volume 8
Thank you so much!
Feb 26, 2022 3:22 AM
Oct 2020
VeryGhoul said:
Paksh said:

And by volume 8 you mean chapter 69?
Feb 26, 2022 3:28 AM
Sep 2021
Paksh said:
VeryGhoul said:

chapter 69 for Tokyo Ghoul (just after the whole Yamori arc) and for re start from 64( it still has similarities with the anime but I think this is where re starts cutting stuff so read from there just to be safe)
Feb 26, 2022 3:34 AM
Oct 2020
VeryGhoul said:
Paksh said:
chapter 69 for Tokyo Ghoul (just after the whole Yamori arc) and for re start from 64( it still has similarities with the anime but I think this is where re starts cutting stuff so read from there just to be safe)
VeryGhoul said:
Paksh said:
aight understood thanks
Feb 26, 2022 4:12 AM

May 2021
SparCy said:
Paksh said:

yeah , same happened to me . I watched full series' of Tokyo Ghoul and i don't think it disappointed me even a little bit . Then my friend recommended me it's Manga and it ruined everything...In my opinion it's Manga is too good that's why people critisize this anime and they cut few scenes which made it worse .

"We are all like fireworks: we climb, we shine and always go our separate ways and become further apart. But even when that time comes, let's not disappear like a firework and continue to shine.. forever ."
Feb 26, 2022 4:15 AM
Jun 2021
KioSensei said:
SparCy said:

yeah , same happened to me . I watched full series' of Tokyo Ghoul and i don't think it disappointed me even a little bit . Then my friend recommended me it's Manga and it ruined everything...In my opinion it's Manga is too good that's why people critisize this anime and they cut few scenes which made it worse .

Yeah exactly. It’s not that the anime is bad it’s but the manga is better in every way, so it’s kinda unfair to compare them
Feb 26, 2022 4:36 AM
Sep 2020
i really liked re and the manga was amazing
Feb 26, 2022 6:11 AM
Dec 2021
Paksh said:

I think I just got influenced by others that hated the anime adaptation, I enjoyed it but hated it at the same time and now I don't have a true opinion on Tokyo ghoul.
Feb 26, 2022 7:54 AM
Feb 2021
Yeah I loved it, but watching it I could feel things were cut without reading the manga at the time.
Feb 26, 2022 8:30 AM
Dec 2019
I'm really happy you liked it and enjoyed it but i didn't and i think most of the people think this way because i saw so many reviews and met so many people and most of them didn't like it.
Feb 26, 2022 10:49 AM

Sep 2009
It definitely wasn’t as good as the first season, but I still enjoyed it. I watched it first before I read the manga and I still think they did a good job with it
Feb 26, 2022 12:04 PM
Aug 2019
i liked the first half of :re even tho i think it’s kinda bad… it’s a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. i just really liked the Quinx Squad and Sasaki ended up being my favorite character. But the second half of :re? one of the worst things i’ve ever made myself sit through. the pacing is just absolutely, 100%, FUCKED.
Feb 26, 2022 2:53 PM
Oct 2021
This is coming from someone who hasn't read any of the manga yet and only watched the anime. I liked all of the Tokyo ghoul anime but my opinion will probably change when I've read the manga.
Feb 26, 2022 7:07 PM
Geass
Apr 2020
No, no one did its pretty bad
𝐼𝒻 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π‘”π‘œπ‘œπ’Ή 𝒢𝓉 π“ˆπ‘œπ“‚π‘’π“‰π’½π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘” π“Œπ’½π“Ž π’Ήπ‘œ 𝒾𝓉 π’»π‘œπ“‡ 𝒻𝓇𝑒𝑒

https://i.imgur.com/qTzFIST.jpg
Feb 26, 2022 7:12 PM
May 2021
Nope I didn't tokyo ghoul re was absolute trash.
Feb 26, 2022 7:22 PM
Jun 2021
Ik i did. People be talking so much shit about it just for the sake of shitting on it. And yes, i've completed the entire manga of tg.
Feb 26, 2022 8:14 PM
Dec 2021
Marie_chan_2001 said:
Paksh said:

Yes, even tho I think the second part of :Re was less good I really love the first part with Haise Sasaki. The dynamic of this group is so amazing and I really miss them that's why I might even rewatch the first part of :Re

Can I like a comment?!? Part 1 of Re is almost in its own league amongst the whole series. The only thing that puts Season 1 on its level is Kaneki’s experience with Jason (10/10 anime moment), the rest of season 1 bored me tho honestly and was my least favorite version of Kaneki. The Duality and maturity of Haise, the relationship and involvement of Arima, and the interactions Haise had with his old Ghoul friends were all amazing. The Quinx Sqaud was a great squad of anime characters, they all had good designs, motivations, personalities and their interactions were awesome. It was because of all those things that Part 1 of Re got me out of my seat jumping with excitement, and had me shocked and crying with tears. And the only thing that holds it back to me is that it sets up the conflict for leads of each organization, but resolves the Quinx squads story as a group. And then Part 2 of Re ruins it by taking all the build up and set up and being all over the place and inconsistent with the flow of the story the whole time
Feb 27, 2022 5:08 AM
Sep 2020
I really love Tokyo Ghoul:re! Manga readers are too dramatic
Feb 28, 2022 6:05 AM
Feb 2022
persionally anime season 1 was good but still they added stuff that r extra and it kinda workout season 2 didn't even match the manga itself ending was imaginary by studio and season 3 was base on manga for viewers it was like so much confusion becus they didn't show many important things haise origin rize was alive so many stuff btw i m manga reader so i have completed the manga of Tokyo ghoul and re they miss so many things in anime didn't show many parts the manga itself is one of the best story i ever read kaneki torture in anime was nothing as compared to manga in manga that poor child suffer so much that give me shiver in my spine i do recommend go read the manga its like anime was just a promotion of manga lol
Apr 20, 2022 11:51 AM
Feb 2019
Year after watching I decided to look at the wiki and found lots of missing contents that are not adapted from the manga. I guess I would try to read the manga then.
Sep 9, 2022 9:49 PM
May 2021
Yeah. I've enjoyed so much. It's my first anime. But now I feel very disappointing for this series. Justice should fall upon Tokyo Ghoul.

More topics from this board

» Guys are we getting Tokyo Ghoul Brotherhood?

SlimeLordOfRats - Mar 6

23 by shmoomp »»
Apr 21, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2018

96 by RapidPhantom »»
Mar 14, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

57 by ocrlh_ »»
Jan 20, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

201 by Cross___ »»
Dec 12, 2023 2:55 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul re: S2 below 6.50

TakaCode - Nov 15, 2018

37 by Tanishqnigam17 »»
Nov 14, 2023 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.