Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 21, 2022 5:24 PM
Jun 2021
Sorry for the long thread and for saying tawawa so much. The title is the tl;dr

When I started watching the show I had no idea what tawawa meant, but when I saw the train station was called tawawa station and if I remember correctly a few other places were called tawawa something, I thought that it was the name of the location where the anime happened

But on a discussion thread on season 1 someone linked a page that said that tawawa in japanese meant train and that the title meant train on mondays, and it makes sense for the show to be called like that so I thought it had to be right

However, today I was watching a clip of an interview Takahashi Rie did where she talked about her involvement in season 2, and when she was explaining the show to another seiyuu she said "it has tawawa in the title so you can guess what kind of show it is" and when she was talking about her character she said at one point "it just becomes more and more tawawa within the students" and the other seiyuu said it was very tawawa. So unless the translation on that video was really bad, I don't think tawawa means train in this context and google doesn't help, so what does it mean here?

(Interview: https://youtu.be/zJWbVRxAvV0)
サンタクロース?そんなのいるはずがないのだ!馬鹿なのか?ーーあ、あれ?今年はクリスマスプレゼント抜きなのか?ま、待つのだ!ちょっと話すのだ!サンタクロースがもしかしたらいるかもしれないのだー!
Santa Claus? Are you dumb? There's no way something like that could... Huh? There's going to be coal in my stockings this year? W-wait! Let's discuss this! I'm sure there's some possibility that Santa is real!
-雪風様 (Yukikaze-sama)
Feb 21, 2022 5:48 PM
May 2020
tawawa has another meaning. I am not sure if the use of this tawawa is correct, but the other meaning is lithe. this is actually mean to go, but if u use it as an adjective, it can be used as "slim but not skinny" or "very bendy/ flexible". so I think tawawa in the title is train and the use of tawawa in the youtube video takes one of the other two meanings, and if u think about it, the other meaning is relatable to the characters in the show
Feb 21, 2022 5:57 PM

Jun 2012
Train is either Ressha or Densha, tawawa has no connection to a train whatsoever.

It's an onomatopoeia or sound effect used to express something drooping, like a fruit from a tree or obviously a woman's breast.
Feb 21, 2022 6:44 PM
Jun 2021
Hmm I see, thanks guys!! :)

I still think it's kind of weird that they left the word untranslated when translating the title, cause that's what lead me to start wondering what it meant, but now I can rest the case
サンタクロース?そんなのいるはずがないのだ!馬鹿なのか?ーーあ、あれ?今年はクリスマスプレゼント抜きなのか?ま、待つのだ!ちょっと話すのだ!サンタクロースがもしかしたらいるかもしれないのだー!
Santa Claus? Are you dumb? There's no way something like that could... Huh? There's going to be coal in my stockings this year? W-wait! Let's discuss this! I'm sure there's some possibility that Santa is real!
-雪風様 (Yukikaze-sama)
Feb 21, 2022 7:44 PM

Dec 2021
I didnt know I needed to know what Tawawa meant tyyy
Feb 22, 2022 10:25 PM
May 2021
ArcaSK said:
Sorry for the long thread and for saying tawawa so much. The title is the tl;dr

When I started watching the show I had no idea what tawawa meant, but when I saw the train station was called tawawa station and if I remember correctly a few other places were called tawawa something, I thought that it was the name of the location where the anime happened

But on a discussion thread on season 1 someone linked a page that said that tawawa in japanese meant train and that the title meant train on mondays, and it makes sense for the show to be called like that so I thought it had to be right

However, today I was watching a clip of an interview Takahashi Rie did where she talked about her involvement in season 2, and when she was explaining the show to another seiyuu she said "it has tawawa in the title so you can guess what kind of show it is" and when she was talking about her character she said at one point "it just becomes more and more tawawa within the students" and the other seiyuu said it was very tawawa. So unless the translation on that video was really bad, I don't think tawawa means train in this context and google doesn't help, so what does it mean here?

(Interview: https://youtu.be/zJWbVRxAvV0)

It just means growing healthily or Nurturing Greatly.... something along those lines. Mostly, in Japanese they are used for Farm Crops to indicate the y are growing greatly.
Jul 18, 2022 12:23 AM
Apr 2018
Too bad I can’t post an image but looked up dictionary definition for たわわ and it says “trees heavy [loaded] with fruits”. I am guessing it has something to do with their chest size lol
savagem1987Jul 18, 2022 1:09 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Getsuyoubi no Tawawa 2 Episode 12 Discussion

loplop - Dec 5, 2021

40 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Apr 18, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Getsuyoubi no Tawawa 2 Episode 11 Discussion

loplop - Nov 28, 2021

21 by Etherius_ZS »»
Sep 12, 2023 12:05 PM

Poll: » Getsuyoubi no Tawawa 2 Episode 10 Discussion

loplop - Nov 21, 2021

19 by Etherius_ZS »»
Sep 12, 2023 12:04 PM

Poll: » Getsuyoubi no Tawawa 2 Episode 9 Discussion

loplop - Nov 14, 2021

22 by Etherius_ZS »»
Sep 12, 2023 12:03 PM

Poll: » Getsuyoubi no Tawawa 2 Episode 8 Discussion

loplop - Nov 7, 2021

28 by Etherius_ZS »»
Sep 12, 2023 12:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.