Forum Settings
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 29, 2023 1:22 PM

Sep 2019
Great movie.

The Recap in the beginning was very unnecessary and just wasted time.

Kyoko and Katsuyas story was great to watch, though not exceptional imo. It had the usual elements of shitty parents and romance we already know from the main series.

8 / 10. Deduction due to the Recap.
I'm not reading any replies or comments directed at me at all. I know my truth and if you disagree: that's fine but i couldn't give a damn about :)

Jun 2, 2023 3:16 AM

May 2014
It was decent. I would've preferred things if it went straight into the flashback without the recap though. Or at least we could've had more content of Kyo and Tohru in the future after the flashback. That would've been better.

I'd give it a 7. I didn't feel as invested in anything as I did with the main story. It was more of a "eh that's good to know" sort of movie for me.
Jul 4, 2023 3:47 PM

Sep 2017
Kinda didn't need the recap even if it's been a while since Fruits Basket finished. It was kinda just like a highlight reel of Kyou + Tohru moments. Anyway if you just ignore the fact that this is "how to groom a 14 year old 101" the movie except that this time the guy is the 0.1% that would actually have good intentions... I just gotta say he died - overnight - due to "COMPLICATIONS FROM A COLD?" That's all you could come up with?? Jfc I couldn't think of a more stupid way to die. Have you ever heard of a brain aneurysm?? Oh no, but then Tohru's thing where she freaked out in season one about someone (can't remember who) having the tiniest of colds wouldn't make sense! Okay well how about "man I've been blowing off this cough for a while but shit okay my dear wife I will go to the doctor tomorrow." Oops turns out stage 4 lung cancer or some shit I don't know.

Look, I loved the 3 seasons of Fruits Basket, but that was stupid as fuck. Anyway pretty good movie besides that.
Jul 6, 2023 2:25 AM
Feb 2021
ÇOK İYİYDİ ÇOK AĞLADM
Jul 12, 2023 3:56 PM
Aug 2020
Hits you in the feels every single time
Aug 16, 2023 3:27 AM

Jul 2013
I liked it but did get bored watching the recap at the start. I love Tohru and Kyo but I just finished the show and it didn't show enough to help anyone who hasn't seen the show.

The rest was quite good after that. I just think it would have been better as two episodes like a special instead though.

But it was nice to see Tohru and Kyo again at the end. I would like another series about them being together even though there's no manga with it in.
Apr 17, 3:47 AM
Sep 2023
loved it with my bones. like can we just say Thoru and Kyo is the best couple in the anime world. and the story of Katsuya and Kyoto was very sweet and sad ngl.
anyways, that was actually the bast ending of an anime story.
Fruits basket will always be my favourite anime^^
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» [MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD] As much as I adore and respect Fruba's author, the way she handled the Kyoko & Katsuya relationship made me very disappointed for a reason that is important to bring up ( 1 2 )

Rojaseb - Jun 29, 2021

82 by PrinceLied »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:32 AM

» Coming to Crunchyroll on October 6th

Homura24 - Sep 30, 2022

4 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Jan 3, 2023 1:03 PM

» Box Office

AnIFoRLiFe - Apr 7, 2022

2 by TARIQ344 »»
Dec 17, 2022 11:29 PM

» Ending Theme

naphoon - Oct 7, 2022

7 by XYanderex »»
Oct 8, 2022 12:31 PM

» More recap than actual new content

Grumar - Jun 25, 2022

9 by Grumar »»
Aug 11, 2022 11:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.