Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Initial D
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 3, 2022 2:43 PM
Oct 2021
YO
Any of you peeps seen the original Tokyo Pop english dub of Initial D (Japanese to US import)

All I can say is WHOA… It’s essentially the equivalent of watching an entirely different show; an initial D remix, if you will.

SNEAK PEAK:
Ikatane = Cole, Takume = Tak, Natsuki = Natalie?
And my personal fav, Itske = Iggy
Hahahaha, I cracked up when I first heard Takume call Itske Iggy.

It’s actually, surprisingly entertaining, and, if you’re a huge Initial D fan like me, and, just want more, it’s like watching a whole new version of the show; which, in my opinion, is pretty sweet.

Not a shock, that, Tokyo Pop, apparently (the manga import Japanese to English Translation producer) made these names changes, and, changes in pacing and story, to, appeal to an American audience; which is, yes, a bit lame brain commerce semantics, but, also, pretty funny, if you’ve seen the Re-Boot dub (AKA the way it should be presented) produced by Funimation.

Anyways, I’m enjoying the original English Dub in a kind of “Re-Mix this is like a totally new show”/“Wowee this is odd man” way.

CURIOUS WHAT YOU GUYS THOUGHT OF IT?

LATEZ
Jan 6, 2022 9:05 PM

Nov 2019
That…sounds like an interesting dub.

Not a huge fan of name changes for dubs, but these don’t seem horrible. Funimation dub is so much better, and personally, I consider it one of the best English dubs.
Jan 7, 2022 12:36 PM
Oct 2021
TempestoGod said:
That…sounds like an interesting dub.

Not a huge fan of name changes for dubs, but these don’t seem horrible. Funimation dub is so much better, and personally, I consider it one of the best English dubs.

Yeah dude, it is pretty trippy lol
Yea man, the name changes are wild, I cracked up the first time Tak (Takumi) called itske “Iggy” lol
Check it out dude, let me know watchu think :)

PS: I agree, Funimation is a great company, even though they definitely monopolize import anime, which… I dunno, is just like inevitable with in human nature/business / which is whatever. I just prefer to run free/screw the rat race LIVE FREE! lol :]p
Jan 11, 2022 10:53 PM
Apr 2016
I own it. It is very interesting especially if you see TokyoPop version first before the Funimation version. That's what I did and hadn't read the Manga. The difference in the names is jarring.

More topics from this board

» Loved the first season, the rest just as good?

TheMidnightWolf - May 11

27 by Riz_III »»
Today, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Initial D First Stage Episode 5 Discussion

Monad - May 6, 2012

35 by RGreatDanton »»
May 8, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Initial D First Stage Episode 4 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 2, 2010

43 by RGreatDanton »»
May 8, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Initial D First Stage Episode 3 Discussion

sandro141 - Jun 4, 2014

34 by RGreatDanton »»
May 8, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Initial D First Stage Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 2, 2010

38 by RGreatDanton »»
May 8, 6:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.