Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 28, 2021 5:13 PM
Jan 2019
On a serious note...
and in anime in general.
Why is the idea of romance in these particular relationships entertained for even a damn second??
Without trying to spoil the anime for people but wtf. If you fall in love with your cousin, do you honestly think for a mere second that they will return your feelings ??
You're kidding me..
Guys what's your thoughts on the topic of incest in anime? Please share
Dec 28, 2021 6:04 PM
May 2021
Was there incest in this?
Dec 28, 2021 6:05 PM
May 2021
After a quick recap I see no incest in this
Dec 28, 2021 6:09 PM
Jan 2021
I think you're talking about how the main character refers to their love interest as brother even though they aren't related by any means, don't live together, don't get together romantically or do anything sexual.

There's no incest in this really at all it doesn't even really technically boarder on it, I'm so lost.

Everyone has their likings and their dislikes, their repulses and everything else. It exists technically it's not going to go away, I don't really care to judge other people just because I like or dislike something doesn't mean I have to undermine others.

I'm not trying to say like "Oh it's okay." because I'm pretty sure most people who watch anime with it are probabaly watching it just for the comedy, it doesn't reflect anything more than that I don't think.

Just putting in an edit here, you're referring to the family friend right?

catcaleb_Dec 28, 2021 6:15 PM
Dec 28, 2021 6:12 PM

Sep 2021
MK17_2 said:
On a serious note...
and in anime in general.
Why is the idea of romance in these particular relationships entertained for even a damn second??
Without trying to spoil the anime for people but wtf. If you fall in love with your cousin, do you honestly think for a mere second that they will return your feelings ??
You're kidding me..
yeah i agree although i liked how in this anime it was presented as unattainable although it was still normalized… i think a lot of the time people say that anime is good because it doesn’t follow western ideas of morality but a lot of the time (when it’s referring to incest, rape, and pedofilia) it’s just unconstitutional and gross

Dec 28, 2021 6:25 PM
Jan 2019
With the side ish characters. Saenai (idk spelling g) red hair girl who's crushing on the girl MC. Her cousin kirishyma is head over heels for saenai. Its subtle but still. Even other Animes but I won't go deep into. Just in general and this anime is an example even if there wasn't full out incest sexually intimate scenes.
Dec 28, 2021 9:57 PM
Jul 2021
brudda. It wasn’t incest. The teacher she liked was a neighbour she met from childhood. This anime was amazing in so many ways and i think it deserves an overall rating of 8 or higher on MAL (i rate it a 10 but nothing is gunna be a 10 overall). It’s very different from many weird romance anime’s as it shows a dark side to romance and unrequited love (btw, she pretty much new her love wouldn’t be rasiprocated, but she couldn’t let go of her feelings hence the fake boyfriend). Lastly, there were no odd sex scenes- apart from the first which almost got pretty weird- and was only kept to age ranges of either teacher or student. So pretty much your spouting nonsense or you just didn’t get the entire show. You can have your opinion but what you’ve just said is entirely flawed.

I’m not saying there technically isn’t incest in this because senai’s (idk how to spell it) cousin had a thing for her. But that’s it. Nothing else happened. Only the odd sentence or joke line where he indicated that he liked her. If that’s what you basing your opinion of the entire show off then it’s a pretty specific and pointless reason to hate it- id get it if that love interest was explored more but it just wasn’t. Once again it’s fine to not like a show or certain aspects of it but it doesn’t play into any part of the show and it’s message.
kyo_1Dec 28, 2021 10:06 PM
Dec 29, 2021 12:43 AM
Sep 2020
Im pretty sure there wasnt any incest in this... 😅
Dec 29, 2021 7:02 AM

Jun 2021
Idk why you feel that cousin situation was Incest but I agree most anime with incest are too overboard and cringe and disgusting. On the other hand, kuzu no Honkai is one of the most sensible anime dealing with relationships whether straight/lesbian/with teachers/age gaps/unrequited feelings/Incest.

By incest here, it's dealt with so much maturity. Like c'mon many people have crush on their close or distant cousins but they obviously don't pursue or try to pursue it unlike most incest based anime. Similarly, here also it was really subtle and in fact educational on how some relationships are just not meant to be even if it hurts and sooner or later u gotta come to terms with it, being a grown up and it was beautiful how the show depicted it.
Really underrated.

I suggest u watch that episode again for better clarity.
Dec 29, 2021 10:43 AM
Jul 2021
MickeyMinaj said:
Idk why you feel that cousin situation was Incest but I agree most anime with incest are too overboard and cringe and disgusting. On the other hand, kuzu no Honkai is one of the most sensible anime dealing with relationships whether straight/lesbian/with teachers/age gaps/unrequited feelings/Incest.

By incest here, it's dealt with so much maturity. Like c'mon many people have crush on their close or distant cousins but they obviously don't pursue or try to pursue it unlike most incest based anime. Similarly, here also it was really subtle and in fact educational on how some relationships are just not meant to be even if it hurts and sooner or later u gotta come to terms with it, being a grown up and it was beautiful how the show depicted it.
Really underrated.

Agreed completely with what you said, Sanae and the cousin thing was very subtle, but i dont believe that kuzu no honkai was entertaining the idea of incest; more so showing the depths of what relationships and romance can be. Thats probably what i liked about kuzu no honkai, the anime really showed the ugly side of romance which isnt common in anime. But yea, i do agree with OP that incest in anime is really cringey, but im just guessing japan likes that type of stuff
Dec 29, 2021 10:43 AM
Jul 2021
MickeyMinaj said:

Really underrated.

Agreed completely with what you said, Sanae and the cousin thing was very subtle, but i dont believe that kuzu no honkai was entertaining the idea of incest; more so showing the depths of what relationships and romance can be. Thats probably what i liked about kuzu no honkai, the anime really showed the ugly side of romance which isnt common in anime. But yea, i do agree with OP that incest in anime is really cringey, but im just guessing japan likes that type of stuff
Dec 29, 2021 4:41 PM
May 2019
MK17_2 said:
With the side ish characters. Saenai (idk spelling g) red hair girl who's crushing on the girl MC. Her cousin kirishyma is head over heels for saenai. Its subtle but still. Even other Animes but I won't go deep into. Just in general and this anime is an example even if there wasn't full out incest sexually intimate scenes.

Cousin marriage is acceptable in lots and lots of cultures, its not personally for me but its not incest really, and the MC looks up for the love interest as a male figure who raised her, he sees as her as baby sister and she see him more romantically and maturely thats why hr wad shocked when he found out she loved jim
Dec 29, 2021 4:41 PM
May 2019
MK17_2 said:

Cousin marriage is acceptable in lots and lots of cultures, its not personally for me but its not incest really, and the MC looks up for the love interest as a male figure who raised her, he sees as her as baby sister and she see him more romantically and maturely thats why hr wad shocked when he found out she loved jim
Dec 29, 2021 4:43 PM
May 2019
MickeyMinaj said:

Really underrated.

I like your opinion i couldn't agree more
Dec 30, 2021 3:31 AM

Aug 2021
There was no incest in this anime so idk what you are talking about.. please get your facts checked
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Dec 31, 2021 12:04 AM
Dec 2020
The incest is just some of the few fucked up type of love this show represent but as the main goal of Kuzu no Honkai is to show fucked up relationships
Jan 1, 2022 10:44 AM

Jun 2021
Mizoboe said:
MickeyMinaj said:

Really underrated.

Mizoboe said:
MickeyMinaj said:

Really underrated.

Same thought. They do like it much more than the global audience. Ain't nothing we can do about the situation
Jul 3, 2022 2:12 AM
Nov 2020
MK17_2 said:
On a serious note...
and in anime in general.
You're kidding me..

bud, its their fucking neighbor, not irl brother/blood related cousins.
there're some cultures in asia that you call an older person who's close to your age as "brother/sister". sometimes add a "big sister/big brother".
you made a mistake. they're not blood related/ cousins either .
the girl's love interest is just her childhood friend, who is a bit older+ lives in the same neighborhood. thus, she calls her "onii-chan/nii-san" . thats all
thou shalt call me onii chan

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2017

436 by Relp1905 »»
May 11, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

433 by unbigou »»
Mar 24, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.